Whenever we travel through our four-wheeler vehicle to a long destination or out of our city, then many toll plazas often come on the way and we have to pay the toll tax there. We see long queues of vehicles at the toll plazas due to which we have to wait a long for our turn to pay the toll tax and cross.
But now to solve this problem of paying toll tax in long lines, the National Highway Authority of India i.e NHAI has introduced Fastag and it has been made compulsory for every 4 or more wheeled vehicle since 15 February 2021. Here we will learn in detail what is a Fastag, why it is necessary, and how to buy it.
Fastag technology is now used across all the toll plazas in India so that vehicle owners don’t have to face the problem of waiting for toll payments.
What is a Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag?
Fastag is a toll collection system based on electronic technology in which Radio Frequency Identification System i.e RFID is employed. This Fastag is installed on the windscreen of the vehicle and when your vehicle comes near the toll plaza, then sensors at that toll plaza scan the Fastag and automatically cut the money from your Fastag account. So it means that you can pay the toll amount at any toll plaza without having the need to stop there and you don’t have to face any problems.
Fastag is basically a pre-paid card that is rechargeable. You have to maintain a specific balance on this pre-paid card and when that balance becomes less than that limit then it is a must to recharge the tag.
How to Apply Fastag from Bank of Baroda (BOB)
Fastag can be applied either offline or online. If you want to apply Fastag offline then you can do it by visiting any Point of Sale(POS) location of any bank which is approved by NHAI for issuing Fastag or any digital payment platform like Paytm, Airtel, GooglePay, PhonePe, etc.
To avoid the hassle of visiting the POS location you can easily apply for a Fastag online through various banks like SBI bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda(BOB), etc. You can apply Fastag online through a bank by visiting the website of that particular bank. Here you have to fill in some details like Name, Phone Number, DOB, etc. Here in this article, we will explain how you can apply a Fastag through the Bank of Baroda(BOB) and the steps required to apply it.
- Bank of Baroda has a separate link for applying Fastag. You can visit this link at https://fastag.bankofbaroda.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- When you open the above link, you will see the ‘Buy Online’ Option in the top Menu
- Select this ‘Buy Online’ option and you will see an application form.
- This Application form requires you to fill in various information including your personal details.
- First of all, you have to select Account type i.e Individual or Corporate in this application Form.
- Then you have to select various other types of information like ID Proof Type, ID Proof No., and Address Proof Type.
- Fastag applicants must have to upload their ID proof documents.
- Apart from this, you have entered your personal information like Your First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Gender, Date of Birth, BOD Primary Account number, etc.
- Once you fill up these personal details, then you have to tick on the “I agree to the Terms and Conditions” Check box.
- After ticking the check box, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- When you click on the ‘Next’ button, you will be redirected to the next window where you may have to enter your vehicle details and GST details (If applying Fastag for Corporate)
- In the last step, the customer will be asked to make the payment by using any mode of payment.
- Make the payment and then click on the confirmation button.
- Now you are done with applying Fastag through Bank of Baroda (BOB)
How to recharge Fastag using Bank of Baroda website
Fastag can be recharged using several ways. One can recharge his Fastag wallet using a Debit card, Credit card, NEFT, RTGS, Netbanking, and various other methods. The method of recharging a Fastag wallet depends upon the platform from where you purchased your Fastag. Fastag purchased from the Bank of Baroda (BOB) can be recharged by using the below methods. Also, you can add a recharge amount starting from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh in your Bank of Baroda Fastag.
- To recharge Fastag through Bank of Baroda, again you have to visit the official Fastag portal of the bank through this link https://fastag.bankofbaroda.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Once you visit the Bank of Baroda Fastag portal, you will see a login option
- Here you have to make login by entering your credentials i.e Username and Password
- After entering the Username and Password, verify the captcha code.
- Now you will be logged into your Bank of Baroda Fastag account
- Here you will see the ‘Recharge’ option
- Select this recharge option and add the desired recharge amount
- After entering the recharge amount make the payment using any of the given methods of payment
Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag Recharge using UPI
The simplest method of recharging your Fastag purchased from Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank is to recharge it using any UPI app like BHIM UPI. Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag users can recharge their Fastag by following very simple steps. Below are the steps required to recharge Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag using UPI.
- First of all download and install any UPI-enabled app on your smartphone.
- After installing the UPI app open this app and Click on the ‘Pay’ Button there.
- When you click on the Pay button, then you have to enter your UPI ID.
- For Fastag purchases from Bank of Baroda (BOB), we have to type @barodapay for recharging Fastag
- The VPA i.e Virtual Private Address of Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank Fastag will be in this form: netc.vehicle no.@barodapay
- So for example, if your vehicle no. is RJ053187 then the UPI id for Fastag recharge will be netc.RJ053187@barodapay
- After entering this UPI ID, you will have to enter the necessary recharge amount.
- Upon completing the above steps, your Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag recharge will be done using UPI.
Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag recharge using Google Pay app
With the help of Google Pay, you can easily recharge Fastag purchased from any bank including Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank. This feature of recharging Fastag has been introduced into Google Pay app recently. Fastag recharge through Google Pay is done using UPI. So if you are using Google Pay already but do not see the option of Fastag recharge, then you can see it by updating the Google Pay App.
Below are the steps that you can follow to recharge your Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag using Google Pay.
- First of all, open the Google Pay app on your mobile Phone.
- Now you will see the option ‘New Payment’
- After clicking on the ‘New Payment’ Option, in the next screen you will see ‘Bill Payments’ tab.
- Click on this tab.
- After clicking on ‘Bill Payments’ App, a list of various options can be seen under the heading ‘Pay your bills and DTH’
- When you scroll down this list, then you will find the option ‘Fastag Recharge’
- After clicking on the Fastag Recharge option, a list of various banks will appear in front of you.
- Select your bank from this list e.g Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank in this case.
- Before recharging your Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag, make sure that your Google Pay account is linked with Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank account.
- So once you have linked both Google Pay and Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank and selected the bank from the list of banks, now you will have to make the payment of Fastag recharge
- Now you have to proceed with the payment. Once your payment is done, your Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag will be recharged using Google Pay.
Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag recharge using Paytm app
Paytm App is so far one of the most popular and widely used payment apps that are used for recharging Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank Fastag. Recharging Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag using Paytm takes only a few minutes and involved only 4-5 steps which are explained below:
- The first thing you need to recharge your Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag using Paytm is to download and install this app on your Smartphone.
- Once you install the Paytm app, open it.
- On the home screen of the Paytm app, you will see the ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’ option
- When you click this option, you will see various options in the next screen.
From these options you have to select ‘Fastag Recharge’ option
- After clicking on ‘Fastag Recharge’ option, a list of various banks opens up
From this list select Bank of Baroda (BOB) Bank.
- Now you have to enter the Fastag recharge amount and then proceed.
- So your Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank Fastag will be recharged using Paytm.
Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag recharge using PhonePe app
PhonePe is one of the easy-to-use and popular mobile apps that can be used for doing various things like Mobile recharge, bill payments, DTH recharge, transferring money from one bank account to another, and various other online transactions. In addition to performing the above task PhonePe can also be used for recharging your Fastag purchased from any bank including Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank. Follow the below-mentioned steps to recharge your Bank of Baroda (BOB) bank Fastag using PhonePe
- First of all install and open PhonePe app on your Mobile Phone.
- After opening the phonePe app, you will see various recharge options there.
- From these options select the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option
- Select and Open this ‘Fastag Recharge’ option
- Now you have to click on ‘Add New Vehicle’ Option
- Once you click on the ‘Add New Vehicle’ option, a list of all Fastag banks will appear.
- As we have purchased our Fastag from Bank of Baroda (BOB) Bank, so we will select ‘Bank of Baroda (BOB) Bank’ from this list.
- Now you will see a blank box where you have to insert your vehicle number
- After entering the vehicle number you have to click on confirm option
- Enter the desired amount that you want your Fastag to be recharged with
- Click on the Pay option in the last step.
- Once you click on the Pay option, your Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag recharge will be done using PhonePe
- How to Recharge BOB Fastag Using PhonePe App
- How to Activate Blacklisted BOB Fastag
- How to Recharge BOB Fastag through Google Pay
- Fastag Banks List with Customer Care Number
- Google Pay UPI transaction limit & Supported Banks List in India
How to check Fastag Balance through Bank of Baroda (BOB)
A Fastag user can check the balance of Fastag by visiting the official website of issuing bank i.e in our case by visiting the official website of Bank of Baroda. Follow the below steps to check the balance of Fastag through Bank of Baroda(BOB)
In addition to applying and recharging Fastag through Fastag portal of Bank of Baroda, you can check the Fastag balance also.
- Visit this link https://fastag.bankofbaroda.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Enter your Username and password to login into your Fastag account.
- When you make the login, you will be able to check all details related to your Fastag account.
- Here you can also check the remaining balance in your BOB Fastag
Users can also check the balance of their Fastag obtained from Bank of Baroda by giving a miss call on this number 8882510965
Validity of Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag
The validity of Fastag purchased from the Bank of Baroda is 5 years from the date of issuing. There is no validity or expiry date of the balance amount added to the Fastag account in the form of recharge. The balance amount in Fastag account can be used as long as the validity of Fastag doesn’t end up. So it means that Bank of Baroda Fastag remains valid for 5 years once it is issued, it only needs to be recharged on time.
Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag Charges
Charges of purchasing Fastag from the Bank of Baroda are decided based on the type and category of vehicle. Different fees are charged for different vehicles like cars, buses, trucks, VAN, JCB machines, etc. In addition to the type of vehicle, the Fees for purchasing Fastag also depend upon the bank from where you purchase it. The charges of Purchasing Fastag from Bank of Baroda are as below:
For purchasing Fastag from Bank of Baroda first of all you have to pay issuance Fees of Rs. 100. In this fee Rs. 84.74 is the actual fee and the rest is the GST.
In addition to the Issuance Fees, you have to pay security fees which again depend upon the vehicle category and range between Rs 200 to Rs. 500.
After paying Issuance Fees and Security Fees you just have to recharge your Fastag with any amount you want.
The fees of Fastag for different types of vehicles in mentioned in below table:
|Vehicle Class||Description||Tag Deposit||Threshold Amount|
|1||Car / Jeep / Van||200||100|
|2||Light Commercial Vehicle 2-axle / 3-axle||300||140|
|3||Bus 2-axle / 3-axle / Mini-Bus||400||300|
|5||Trucks 3-axle and above||500||300|
|6||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||500||300|
|7||Tractor / Tractor with Trailer||500||300|
|8||Tata Ace and Similar Mini Light Commercial Vehicle||200||100|
Benefits of Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag
There are many benefits associated with purchasing a Fastag from the Bank of Baroda.
- One of the top benefits of Bank of Baroda (BOB) Fastag is that you don’t have to face problems like waiting in lines at the toll plazas.
- You will receive an SMS for every transaction made through Fastag wallet
- Various cashback offers are also available while making toll payments through Fastag
- It is very easy to recharge your BOB Fastag online
- In case your vehicle is lost or stolen, then with the help of Bank of Baroda Fastag, it is possible to track your vehicle.
- By installing Fastag on your vehicle, you don’t have any need to carry cash with you for making the toll payments.
Bank of Baroda Fastag Customer Care Number
You may face many problems related to Fastag like it is not scanning properly, not being able to pay toll tax even having sufficient balance in the account, Fastag is damaged, etc. In such situations, you need the help of Customer care. You may call the toll-free number issued by the National Highway Authority of India.
This number is 1033. In addition to this, the Bank of Baroda also provides various options for contacting their customer support. They have a dedicated Customer Support team that is always there to help with any of the above problems regarding Fastag.
Bank of Baroda has provided a toll-free number for resolving any issues related to your Fastag. This toll-free number can be dialed 24/7 to get answers to your Fastag-related question and problems. In addition to this Toll-Free number, Bank of Baroda has also started a missed call facility through which users can check their Fastag balance.
So various modes of reaching out the customer support at Bank of Baroda are:
- Toll-Free Number: 1800 103 4568
- Miss Call Facility Number: 8882510965
- Toll-Free Number issued by NHAI: 1033
How to reactivate Bank of Baroda (BOB) blacklisted Fastag
There are many reasons that your Fastag purchased from Bank of Baroda gets blacklisted. But one of the main reasons why your Fastag gets blacklisted is that there is not a sufficient amount balance in your Fastag account. In other words, your BOB Fastag may get blacklisted when the balance in the Fastag wallet becomes less than Rs. 100 (Minimum balance amount necessary for Fastag)
The other but less common reason for getting a Fastag blacklisted is that suppose you apply and get a Fastag for one vehicle but paste it on your other vehicle.
So if your Bank of Baroda Fastag gets blacklisted due to a low balance, then to remove it from the blacklist you simply have to recharge your Fastag and need to maintain a minimum balance in it. Once you recharge your Fastag, then it will be removed from the blacklist.
And if your Fastag gets blacklisted for some other reasons like as mentioned above, then you contact the customer support team of Bank of Baroda by dialling this number 1800 103 4568 or you can contact the customer help number of NHAI i.e 1033.