- What is Fastag and how it works
- How to Get Fastag from Central Bank of India(CBI)
- Charges for Central Bank of India(CBI) Fastag
- Benefits of Central Bank of India Fastag
- Documents required for applying Fastag through Central Bank of India
- How to recharge Fastag from the Central Bank of India(CBI)
- Central Bank of India Fastag Monthly Pass
- How to Check Fastag balance through Central Bank of India
- Central Bank of India Fastag(CBI) Customer Care Number
- How to activate Blacklisted Central Bank of India Fastag
- Validity of Central Bank of India Fastag
Fastag was made compulsory by the Government of India in December 2019 but its date was extended later on and then it was made mandatory for every four-wheeler vehicle to have Fastag till 15 February 2021.
Fastag is a new step by the Government of India towards Digital India. So Fastag is necessary for every vehicle to make toll payments across toll plazas in India. Fastag will be needed while crossing a toll plaza on all national highways.
What is Fastag and how it works
Fastag is a Radio Frequency Identification Technology-based device that is fixed on the windshield of your four-wheeled vehicle. Fastag is launched by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and it is a sticker in which a bar code is used.
Fastag readers are installed at all toll plazas in India and when you cross any toll plaza then these Fastag readers read the Fastag attached to your vehicle to deduct the toll tax fees. i.e Toll tax will be deducted automatically from your Fastag account depending upon the type of vehicle.
How to Get Fastag from Central Bank of India(CBI)
You can get a Fastag for your vehicle from various toll booths which are located at the toll plazas in India. One can also register for a new Fastag through various e-commerce platforms like Paytm, GooglePay, PhonePe, etc. Many banks like ICICI Bank, SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, Central Bank of India, etc are also now issuing Fastag. Here we are explaining the steps required to purchase a Fastag from the Central Bank of India(CBI).
- To apply Fastag from Central Bank of India visit the official website of the bank i.e https://www.centralbankofindia.co.in/
- When you open the Central Bank of India website, then you will see the ‘Apply Fastag’ option in the menu.
- After clicking on the ‘Apply Fastag’ option, you will be redirected to this link: https://www.ostaapp.com/fastag/cbi
- Here You will see various options like Fastag Login, New Customer Fastag registration, Monthly Pass Fastag
- To get a new Fastag, you have to click on the ‘New Customer Fastag registration’ option
- Here you have to provide various personal details step by step like Your First Name, Last Name, Email id, Mobile Number
- After providing all the above information, you will see a screen where various ‘Terms and Conditions are given.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ Yellow button
- Now you will receive an OTP on your Mobile number that you entered while filling in personal details.
- Enter this OTP and then click on Verify button
- Once you verify OTP, then you will be required to enter Password and then click on ‘Proceed’ button
- In the next step, you will be asked to make the Payment for getting Fastag from the Central Bank of India(CBI)
- When you make the payment and proceed, the process of registering New Fastag from Central Bank of India will be completed.
Charges for Central Bank of India(CBI) Fastag
The charges of purchasing Fastag depend upon two main things first is the type of vehicle ie Car, Jeep, Bus, Truck, etc for which you are applying Fastag and the other thing is the bank from where you are purchasing Fastag. Many banks usually charge Issuance Fees and security Fees and it may differ from bank to bank.
The central bank of India charges Rs. 100 as the issuance fees of new Fastag which is inclusive of GST.
Central Bank of India also charges a security Fee of Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 depending upon the type of vehicle. You also have to pay delivery charges of Rs. 72 for Fastag applied through CBI. You can recharge the Fastag purchased from the Central Bank of India with any amount starting from Rs. 200 to Rs 1 Lakh
Benefits of Central Bank of India Fastag
- With a Fastag purchased from the ‘Central Bank of India, the users/vehicle owners have no need to stop at the toll plazas.
- Because all transactions are made online through Fastag at toll plazas so there is no need to worry for carrying Cash money.
- Once toll tax is deducted from the Fastag account, then you will be notified via SMS
- There is no need to wait in long lines and the toll payment is made within few seconds
- If a user faces any issue regarding Fastag then he can contact customer care which is available throughout the day.
Documents required for applying Fastag through Central Bank of India
For applying a new Fastag for your four-wheeler vehicle an applicant may need four to five documents which are mentioned here:
- Passport Size photograph of the vehicle owner
- Registration Certificate of Vehicle
- Residence Proof
- KYC Documents
How to recharge Fastag from the Central Bank of India(CBI)
Central Bank of India is providing various methods of recharging your Fastag. You can recharge Fastag through the official website of the Central Bank of India. Fastag issued from the Central Bank of India can also be recharged from other platforms likes Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, etc. There is a limit of Fastag recharge and this limit ranges from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh. Below we have listed the steps required for recharging Fastag through the Central Bank of India
- First of all, you have to visit this link https://www.ostaapp.com/fastag/cbi to recharge Fastag from the Central Bank of India
- Here you will see the ‘Fastag Login’ option.
- You have to click on the ‘Fastag Login’ option and have to make login by entering your registered Mobile Number and Password
- Click on the yellow ‘Login In’ button after entering the above Login details
- When you login into the Fastag portal of the Central Bank of India, then on the home screen you will see the Fastag recharge option.
- Now you will see the ‘Wallet ID’ option, clicking on which your vehicle details will be visible to you.
- After this, you will have to enter the recharge amount that you want in the Amount box and then click on the Recharge Now option
- Once you click on the Recharge Now option, the payment page will open where you have to make the recharge payment.
- The recharge payment can be made through Debit Card, Credit Card, Netbanking, etc.
- So when you are done with the recharge payment, your Fastag recharge will be completed using the Central Bank of India
Central Bank of India Fastag Monthly Pass
Many vehicle owners have to cross through a particular toll plaza several times a day. Therefore the Fastag charges will be deducted every time they pass through that toll plaza in the day. So the Fastag needs to be recharged again and again.
But the vehicle owners who pass through a toll plaza very often can get rid of recharging the Fastag again and again by applying for the Monthly Pass of Fastag through the Central Bank of India.
This facility of getting the Fastag Monthly Pass is launched by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) with the help of NHAI. By having a Monthly Pass of Fastag, the toll payments will be deducted at once for a month and there is no need for them to recharge Fastag several times during that month.
Below we have mentioned the steps required for applying for Fastag Monthly Pass through the Central Bank of India
- When you visit the Official Fastag portal of the Central bank of India i.e https://www.ostaapp.com/fastag/cbi, then you will see a ‘Month Pass Fastag’ option on the home page.
- After clicking on this ‘Monthly Pass Fastag’ option, you will be redirected to the official page of NPCI
- Here you can apply for Fastag Monthly Pass by filling out some information
- First of all, you have to select the Name of the Plaza for which you are applying for Monthly Pass and then Enter the given Captcha Code. Remember this Captcha Code is Case sensitive
- Once you select the Toll plaza and enter the Captcha Code, you will move to this link: https://tollplaza.paytmbank.com/NPCI-Pass-Issuance
- Here you will see two Options search by Tag ID or Vehicle Registration No.
- After entering any of the above information, you will have to choose the Fastag Monthly Pass Type and Pass Scheme.
- Now you will be required to make the payment of the Monthly Pass
- When the payment of the Monthly Pass is done successfully, you will receive a receipt as confirmation.
- Fastag Monthly Pass Holders can print this receipt for use in the future.
How to Check Fastag balance through Central Bank of India
If you are using Fastag on your vehicle, then it is necessary to regularly check the balance in it because if there is not an adequate balance in your Fastag then your Fastag may get blacklisted or you have to pay double toll charges. Central Bank of India is providing various methods to its Fastag users for checking their Fastag wallet balance. Various methods of checking Fastag balance through the Central Bank of India are:
By visiting CBI Official website
The simplest way of checking Fastag issued by the Central Bank of India is to visit the official website of the bank through the list https://www.ostaapp.com/fastag/cbi. After visiting this link, users have to make the login into their Fastag account by entering login details. Once users are logged into the Fastag account, they will be easily able to see the Fastag balance
If you have purchased a Fastag from the Central Bank of India and when you cross a toll plaza anywhere in the country then an SMS will be sent to your mobile number registered with the Central Bank of India while purchasing Fastag. The remaining amount in your Fastag wallet will be mentioned in this SMS
Through Miss Call facility of CBI
Central Bank of India Fastag users can give a missed call from their registered mobile number on this number 9555244442. When you give a miss call on this number, then the call is cut automatically after 1-2 rings and the balance in your Fastag will be sent to your mobile number through an SMS.
Through MyFastag App
Another way of checking the Central Bank of India’s Fastag balance is through MyFastag. For this, you have to download this app on your Mobile Phone. When you download and install this app on your phone, select the ‘Fastag Wallet Balance’ option and the balance in your Central Bank of India Fastag will be displayed to you.
Central Bank of India Fastag(CBI) Customer Care Number
If your Fastag purchased from the Central Bank of India is lost, not works at a particular toll plaza for some reason, or gets damaged then you can get help regarding this by contacting the customer support center of the bank.
The First option to contact Customer support for any queries related to the Central Bank of India is to call the Toll Free Number 1033 which is released by NHAI.
Central Bank of India has also launched its own toll-free phone number of the Customer Support Center. This Toll-free number is 1800-22-1911 and the Fastag users can dial this number at any time for getting any help related to Fastag.
Another option of contacting the customer support team of the Central Bank of India for any Fastag related queries is to send an email at this email id: email@example.com. Type your problem in detail and send to the above email id. The Central Bank of India Customer support team will reach out to your as soon as possible.
How to activate Blacklisted Central Bank of India Fastag
If you have purchased a Fastag from the Central Bank of India but there is not adequate balance in it then your Fastag may be blacklisted and don’t work at the toll plazas. So the easiest way to activate your Central Bank of India blacklisted Fastag is the reload or recharge it again with the minimum balance required to maintain it.
Another reason why a Fastag may get blacklisted is that you have not completed your KYC with the Central Bank of India. So in such cases, you have to complete your KYC and then your Fastag will be activated again.
If none of the above ways work and your Fastag is still blacklisted then you can call on below customer care numbers:
1033 (NHAI), 1800-22-1911 (Central Bank of India)
Validity of Central Bank of India Fastag
Fastag purchased from the Central Bank of India remains valid for 5 years starting from the date of issuing. During these 5 years, you have to just recharge your Fastag when the balance in it becomes low. After 5 years Fastag needs to be reissued. Remember that the validity of the Central Bank of India Fastag can not be extended by recharging it.
Fastag Banks List with customer Care Number
|Bank||Customer Care Helpline
||Tag issuance charge|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400||Rs. 100|
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||1800 103 1222||Rs. 100|
|IDFC FIRST Bank||1800-266-9970||₹200 including service tax|
|PAYTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480||Rs. 100|
|State Bank of India||1800-11-0018||Rs. 100|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1800-419-8585||Rs. 200 + service tax|
|Federal Bank||1800-266-9520||Rs. 100|
|Indusind Bank||1860 -500- 5004||Rs.200|
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993||Rs. 200|
|Syndicate Bank||1800-425-0585||Rs. 200|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568||Rs. 84.74 + GST|
|FINO Payments Bank||1860-266-3466||Rs.100 + GST|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916||Rs.100|
|Punjab National Bank||080-67295310||Rs.100|
|Union Bank of India||1800- 22- 22 44||Rs.100|
|Canara Bank||1800-103-3568||Rs. 200|
|HDFC Bank||1800-120-1243||Rs. 200|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-300-69090||Rs. 100|
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank||1800-266-9545||Rs.100|
|Yes Bank Ltd||1800 -1200||Rs.100|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200||Rs. 200|
|ICICI Bank||1800-2100-104||Rs. 99.12|
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800 -266- 7183||Rs 100|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
|Bank of India||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
|Bank of Maharashtra||18002334526
|AU Small Finance Bank||1800 258 7300||Rs 100|
|Central Bank of India||1800 22 1911||200|
|Karnataka Bank||1800 425 1444||200|
|Indian Overseas Bank||18008904445 / 18004254445||200|
|J&K Bank||1800 572 1370||200|