For making the toll transactions at the toll plazas having a Fastag is a must for every four-wheeler vehicle. Without Fastag you won’t be able to pay toll tax at the toll plazas. Fastag was started in India to solve the toll-related problems that vehicle owners have to face at the toll plazas on the National Highways of India. Fastag was started to pay toll tax digitally and it can be purchased from any of the official issuing service provider link Airtel Payments Bank, HDFC Bank, Paytm, Google Pay, etc.
The use of Fastag makes the toll collection process easy not only for the users but also for the toll plaza management.
But sometimes the Fastag can cause problems to those who are the registered owners of the vehicle. For example, if you have sold your old car to someone, but you have not removed your Fastag from your vehicle. Also, you don’t have any contact information of the person to whom you have sold the car.
In such cases, that person will continue using the Fastag at toll plazas and the money will keep on deducting from your account. If your vehicle is stolen, the Fastag remains installed on it and the thief can also continue paying the toll payments through your Fastag.
So to avoid such situations we must deactivate or surrender your Fastag to the bank or other service provider from where you have purchased it.
Below we are explaining various methods to surrender or deactivate your Fastag
- Deactivate Fastag through Paytm
- Deactivate Fastag from Airtel Payments Bank through the website
Important information regarding Deactivating Fastag account
Here we want to give important advice to our readers that, whenever you purchase a Fastag or multiple Fastags for a different vehicle, then make sure to keep a record of the serial number and account details of all your Fastags, so that in case of a vehicle stolen you can get your Fastag closed immediately after calling on the toll-free number of the Airtel Payments Bank.
By keeping a record of all the details about Fastag, you will not have to face any problem while closing it. Because when the customer care executive at the Toll-Free number of Airtel Payments Bank asks you for these details, you can immediately provide these details to them and they immediately start the process of deactivating your Fastag account.
These details will also be required when you are going to deactivate your Fastag through the official website of the Airtel Payments Bank.
Deactivate Fastag through Paytm
- You need to open the official website of Paytm i.e or the Paytm app on your smartphone
- Now login to your Paytm account by entering your registered mobile number.
- Scroll the top navigation of the home screen of Paytm, and here you will see a ‘Passbook’ option
- Here you will see the ‘Paytm Wallet’ option and other wallets like Paytm Fastag wallet.
- Now you have to select the ‘Paytm Fastag wallet option.
- After entering into the Paytm Fastag wallet option, you will see the Manage Fastag option
- Under the See Manage Fastag option, you will see all your active Paytm Fastag.
- From this list, you can choose the desired Fastag wallet account.
- Now you can easily deactivate or surrender your Fastag from here.
How to deactivate Fastag from Bank through website
Another option to deactivating a Fastag temporarily or permanently is by calling the customer support team of that bank or by visiting the official website of that bank. For example, to deactivate the Fastag issued by Airtel Payments Bank, there are mainly two ways
Through Toll-Free Number: 1800-2100-104
Fastag users can call the customer support team of Airtel Payments Bank through this toll-free number 1800-2100-104. By calling on this number the support team executives will guide you completely regarding how you can deactivate your Fastag.
The support team will provide you complete information related to deactivating your Airtel Payments Bank Fastag and it will be deactivated within few hours. So if you want to block or close or Airtel Payments Bank Fastag, then call on the above toll-free number.
Through the official website of the Bank
Deactivating the Airtel Payments Bank Fastag through the official website of Airtel Payments Bank is very simple and it just required few steps. The steps required to deactivate your Airtel Payments Bank Fastag online are:
- First of all, you have open the official Fastag portal of Airtel Payments Bank through this link: https://www.airtel.in/bank/fastag-pay-toll-online/buy
- Enter your login details like Username or id and password
- After entering the login details you will log into the official Fastag portal of the Airtel Payments Bank
- Here you will see this option “Select Request Type as Closure Request to close the RIFD Tag or Wallet.”
- After clicking on the Closure Request option, your request for closing Fastag with Airtel Payments Bank will be processed and your Fastag will be deactivated or surrendered with the bank.
Fastag users can also send a request at the official email id of the Airtel Payments Bank to close their Fastag by mentioning all the details about their Fastag.
Other Related Pages:
- How to Deactivate/Close ICICI Bank Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Deactivate Yes Bank Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Deactivate Union Bank of India (UIB) Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Deactivate UCO Bank Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Deactivate South Indian Bank (SIB) Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Deactivate PNB Bank Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Deactivate Paytm Payments Bank Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Deactivate Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag & Surrender Online
Fastag Banks List with Customer Care Number
|Bank||Customer Care Helpline
||Tag issuance charge|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400||Rs. 100|
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||1800 103 1222||Rs. 100|
|IDFC FIRST Bank||1800-266-9970||₹200 including service tax|
|PAYTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480||Rs. 100|
|State Bank of India||1800-11-0018||Rs. 100|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1800-419-8585||Rs. 200 + service tax|
|Federal Bank||1800-266-9520||Rs. 100|
|Indusind Bank||1860 -500- 5004||Rs.200|
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993||Rs. 200|
|Syndicate Bank||1800-425-0585||Rs. 200|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568||Rs. 84.74 + GST|
|FINO Payments Bank||1860-266-3466||Rs.100 + GST|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916||Rs.100|
|Punjab National Bank||080-67295310||Rs.100|
|Union Bank of India||1800- 22- 22 44||Rs.100|
|Canara Bank||1800-103-3568||Rs. 200|
|HDFC Bank||1800-120-1243||Rs. 200|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-300-69090||Rs. 100|
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank||1800-266-9545||Rs.100|
|Yes Bank Ltd||1800 -1200||Rs.100|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200||Rs. 200|
|ICICI Bank||1800-2100-104||Rs. 99.12|
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800 -266- 7183||Rs 100|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
|Bank of India||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
|Bank of Maharashtra||18002334526
|AU Small Finance Bank||1800 258 7300||Rs 100|
|Central Bank of India||1800 22 1911||200|
|Karnataka Bank||1800 425 1444||200|
|Indian Overseas Bank||18008904445 / 18004254445||200|
|J&K Bank||1800 572 1370||200|
|Cosmos Bank||90290 13793||100|