For making the toll transactions at the toll plazas having a Fastag is a must for every four-wheeler vehicle. Without Fastag you won’t be able to pay toll tax at the toll plazas. Fastag was started in India to solve the toll-related problems that vehicle owners have to face at the toll plazas on the National Highways of India. Fastag was started to pay toll tax digitally and it can be purchased from any of the official issuing service provider link South Indian Bank (SIB), South Indian Bank (SIB), Paytm, Google Pay, etc.
The use of Fastag makes the toll collection process easy not only for the users but also for the toll plaza management.
But sometimes the Fastag can cause problems to those who are the registered owners of the vehicle. For example, if you have sold your old car to someone, but you have not removed your Fastag from your vehicle. Also, you don’t have any contact information of the person to whom you have sold the car. In such cases, that person will continue using the Fastag at toll plazas and the money will keep on deducting from your account. If your vehicle is stolen, the Fastag remains installed on it and the thief can also continue paying the toll payments through your Fastag. So to avoid such situations we must deactivate or surrender your Fastag to the bank or other service provider from where you have purchased it.
Below we are explaining various methods to surrender or deactivate your Fastag
- Deactivate Fastag through Paytm
- Deactivate Fastag from South Indian Bank (SIB) through the website
Important information regarding Deactivating Fastag account
Here we want to give important advice to our readers that, whenever you purchase a Fastag or multiple Fastags for a different vehicle, then make sure to keep a record of the serial number and account details of all your Fastags, so that in case of a vehicle stolen you can get your Fastag closed immediately after calling on the toll-free number of the South Indian Bank (SIB). By keeping a record of all the details about Fastag, you will not have to face any problem while closing it. Because when the customer care executive at the Toll-Free number of South Indian Bank (SIB) asks you for these details, you can immediately provide these details to them and they immediately start the process of deactivating your Fastag account.
These details will also be required when you are going to deactivate your Fastag through the official website of the South Indian Bank (SIB).
Deactivate Fastag through Paytm
- You need to open the official website of Paytm i.e or the Paytm app on your smartphone
- Now login to your Paytm account by entering your registered mobile number.
- Scroll the top navigation of the home screen of Paytm, and here you will see a ‘Passbook’ option
- Here you will see the ‘Paytm Wallet’ option and other wallets like Paytm Fastag wallet.
- Now you have to select the ‘Paytm Fastag wallet option.
- After entering into the Paytm Fastag wallet option, you will see the Manage Fastag option
- Under the See Manage Fastag option, you will see all your active Paytm Fastag.
- From this list, you can choose the desired Fastag wallet account.
- Now you can easily deactivate or surrender your Fastag from here.
How to deactivate Fastag from Bank through website
Another option to deactivating a Fastag temporarily or permanently is by calling the customer support team of that bank or by visiting the official website of that bank. For example, to deactivate the Fastag issued by South Indian Bank (SIB), there are mainly two ways
Through Toll-Free Number:1800 425 1809
Fastag users can call the customer support team of South Indian Bank (SIB) through this toll-free number 1800 425 1809. By calling on this number the support team executives will guide you completely regarding how you can deactivate your Fastag. The support team will provide you complete information related to deactivating your South Indian Bank (SIB) Fastag and it will be deactivated within few hours. So if you want to block or close or South Indian Bank (SIB) Fastag, then call on the above toll-free number.
Through the official website of the Bank
Deactivating the South Indian Bank (SIB) Fastag through the official website of South Indian Bank (SIB) is very simple and it just required few steps. The steps required to deactivate your South Indian Bank (SIB) Fastag online are:
- First of all, you have open the official Fastag portal of South Indian Bank (SIB) through this link: https://fastag.southindianbank.com/NETCPortal/custLogin
- Enter your login details like Username or id and password
- After entering the login details you will log into the official Fastag portal of the South Indian Bank (SIB)
- Here you will see this option “Select Request Type as Closure Request to close the RIFD Tag or Wallet.”
- After clicking on the Closure Request option, your request for closing Fastag with South Indian Bank (SIB) will be processed and your Fastag will be deactivated or surrendered with the bank.
Fastag users can also send a request at the official email id of the South Indian Bank (SIB) to close their Fastag by mentioning all the details about their Fastag.