Long lines and queues now won’t stop you at the toll plazas across India thanks to the introduction of Fastag technology. With the use of Fastag, you can now pay toll taxes at toll plazas without stopping, without contact, and without cash money. Just enter a toll plaza, the Fastag attached to your vehicle comes in contact with the sensors of that plaza, and the toll is deducted automatically.
Table of Contents
In this article, we will explain how to link your Fastag with your vehicle number.
How to Link Fastag with Vehicle Number?
Fastag is an easy and comfortable way to cross the tolls of the different motorways. Every four-wheeler vehicle owner needs to install Fastag on their vehicle. Fastag can be purchased from banks or many service providers. To buy Fastag you either have to visit the official website of a service provider or go to their POS location.
After you have purchased Fastag for your vehicle from any service provider, you have to activate and link it to your vehicle so that it can be used for making toll payments at the toll plazas.
There are basically two ways of linking your Fastag with the vehicle number.
- Linking Fastag with Vehicle Number Offline
- Linking Fastag with Vehicle Number Online
Linking Fastag with Vehicle Number Offline
In this method, you can link your Fastag with your vehicle number and activate it by visiting the official branch of the bank from where you have purchased your Fastag. If you have an account with the bank from which you have got your Fastag, then it will not be difficult for you at all to link your Fastag with the vehicle number. Your Fastag can also be linked with the vehicle number by going to any POS i.e Point of Sales center of your Fastag service provider.
- Visit the bank branch or POS of your Fastag service provider.
- Let the representative there know that, you want to activate your Fastag and link it with your Vehicle number.
- The representative will ask for the details about your Vehicle including the Vehicle Number.
- You also have to give KYC details about your Vehicle.
- After providing all the details, your Fastag will be activated and your vehicle number be also be linked with it.
Linking Fastag with Vehicle Number Online
The easiest and quick way of linking your Fastag to your vehicle number is online for which you have to follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to install the MyFastag app on your mobile phone.
- Create an account/Signup to this app, you are not done already.
- Once you have created an account on MyFastag app and log in, you will see an option ‘Link new Fastag’
- Choose this option and then you will have to enter the code given to your Fastag device.
- You are now required to enter some details about your vehicle.
Here you will have to enter the vehicle number for which the Fastag has been
- Now proceed and your Fastag will be linked with the vehicle number automatically.
- Your Fastag is now activated and you can now paste it on the windscreen of your vehicle to start it working.
- Once your Fastag is linked with the vehicle number and activated you can also link it to your bank account.
Which Documents are Required for Linking Fastag with Vehicle Number?
To link your Fastag with the vehicle number, you need to submit a few documents which are mentioned below:
- Passport-size photograph of the vehicle’s Owner.
- Scanned copy of your Vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC) from both sides i.e back and front.
- Address Proof the vehicle owner.
- KYC documents such as Passport, Voter ID, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.