What is the Fastag wallet id?
You receive a Wallet ID for FASTag from the company that provides FASTag service. Fastag Wallet ID is similar to the customer ID issued with your bank account. You can now recharge your Fastag issued by any bank with the help of your Fastag Wallet ID. Here in this article, we will explain step by step process of recharging your Fastag by using Wallet ID, but before that, we will give you a brief overview of What is it.
Like the Customer ID of a bank which is a type of unique ID that the bank gives to its customers for identifying them, the objective or main motive of a Fastag Wallet ID is also the same i.e to uniquely identify the Fastag customers.
A wallet ID is distinguished from others by having a unique set of 14 numbers and is provided by each Fastag service provider to its customers when they purchase Fastag. The 14 Digit Wallet ID is represented in this format: 17xxxxxxxxxxxx. You can read more information about What is Fastag Wallet and How to Get it
How to Recharge your Fastag Using Wallet ID?
As mentioned above, you can recharge your Fastag by using the Wallet ID that comes with the welcome email or in the envelope, when you receive your Fastag from the bank or other service provided through which you apply it. There are many ways to recharge your Fastag by using Wallet ID. Some of these methods of recharging Fastag with the help of Wallet ID are:
- Recharge FASTag Using Wallet ID Through Netbanking
- Recharge FASTag Using Wallet ID Through NEFT/RTGS
- Recharge FASTag Using Wallet id Through Google Pay
How to Recharge FASTag Using Wallet ID Through Netbanking
Once you receive your Fastag and get it activated, then the first way to recharge your Fastag account is through Wallet ID with the help of Netbanking. You have to follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag with Wallet ID through Netbanking.
- To recharge your Fastag through Wallet ID, the first step is to open the official Website of the bank from which you have purchased your Fastag.
- You will then be required to make a login to your bank account by using your Credentials.
- Once you are logged in to your bank account, you have to access the ‘Netbanking option’
- After you have chosen the Netbanking option, you will have to find the ‘Fastag’ option which can be found in the ‘Payment option’
- In the next step, you must fill in your unique Fastag Wallet ID of 14 digits and then choose the ‘Payment’ tab.
- You will now see a field where you are needed to mention the amount that you want your Fastag account to be recharged.
- Proceed to complete the recharge payment by using ‘Netbanking’.
- When the payment is done successfully, your Fastag account will be recharged by using Wallet ID through Netbanking.
How to Recharge FASTag Using Wallet ID Through NEFT/RTGS
Recharging your Fastag through NEFT/RTGS by using Wallet ID is another method of adding money to your Fastag account if the balance in your Fastag account becomes less than the minimum required amount. To recharge your Fastag with Wallet ID through NEFT/RTGS follow the below steps.
- The first step to recharge your Fastag using Wallet ID Through NEFT/RTGS is to open the official website of the bank which has issued your Fastag device.
- Log in to your bank account, by entering your username and password.
- When you made log in to your bank account, then you have located the ‘Beneficiary’ section.
- In this Beneficiary section, you have to enter your ‘Wallet ID’ or ‘Vehicle number’.
- The next step requires you to fill in the IFSC code of your Fastag issuing bank.
- Now enter the desired amount that you want to add to your Fastag account.
- Complete the payment and when the payment is made successfully, then your Fastag recharge will be done by using Wallet ID through NEFT/RTGS
How to Recharge FASTag Using Wallet id Through Google Pay
To recharge your Fastag using Wallet ID Through Google Pay, follow the below steps.
- Start Google Pay.
- Hit New.
- Tap More next to “Suggested business” Tap More once more if FASTag isn’t displayed.
- Tap FASTag, then choose to Get started.
- Enter the details of your account. Your FASTag was issued by this issuing bank. Your FASTag sticker will include the name of the bank on it.
- Then click Next.
- Examine the account details, then select Link Account.
- After linking your FASTag account, tap your vehicle no. or wallet id.
- Choose the FASTag account that you want to send money to.
- Enter the amount.
- To confirm, tap the ‘Tick’ mark.