Fastag is a device that helps you to pay toll fees automatically at the toll plazas any time without any need to stop your vehicle. With Fastag you can circulate between any toll plazas in India and enjoy the hassle-free journey because there is no manual work involved while making toll payments through Fastag.
The process of paying toll fees through Fastag is very easy. You have to first apply a Fastag from any authorized service provider. National Highways Authority of India(NHAI) launched Fastag earlier in 2014 for testing in a few major cities like Delhi, Mumbai. NHAI kept on increasing the service area of Fastag every year and then finally made it compulsory from 15 February 2021. It means after 15 Feb 2021, all lanes at the toll plazas were dedicated to Fastag and every vehicle must be Fastag enabled to pay toll tax.
NHAI has partnered with many banks like SBI bank and mobile payment service providers like Paytm etc to issue Fastag. Vehicle owners can buy Fastag from any of the authorized service providers either online or visit the nearest Point of Sales(POS) location.
You have to submit a few documents like Photographs, Identity proof documents, and KYC documents like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc to purchase a Fastag. Once you submit documents and apply for a Fastag, the Fastag device which usually comes in the form of a sticker will arrive at your physical address in a few days. After receiving the Fastag device, you have to install it on the windshield of your vehicle from inside in the upper central part. Make sure you affix Fastag in the upright position so that it is easily detected by the scanners at the toll plazas.
When you pass through a toll plaza, then Fastag placed on your vehicle is detected by the sensors at the toll plazas through RFID i.e Radio Frequency Identification technology and the toll fees are charged automatically from your Fastag account.
To access various services of any Fastag including SBI Bank Fastag, like recharging Fastag, checking balance, etc, you must log in to your SBI Fastag account with the details provided to you at the time of receiving the Fastag device. You must remember the username and password details for login into your SBI Fastag account, but sometimes there are cases that you lost or forget your password. Here in this article, we will give complete information about how to reset your SBI Bank Fastag password if you forget it.
Steps to reset SBI Bank Fastag password
Follow the below steps to reset the password of your SBI Bank Fastag account.
- Visit the official Fastag portal of SBI Bank through this link: https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/
- You can log in to your account by entering your mobile number and password.
- But if you lost your password, then you have to click on the “Forgot Password?” option at the bottom.
- After clicking on this option you have to enter any of this information like Registered Email ID or Wallet ID.
- After that, you will have to enter your Registered Mobile Number.
- Then you have to click on the ‘Generate OTP’ option.
- An OTP will arrive on your registered mobile number.
- You have to verify this OTP.
- Once you validate this OTP, you will be redirected to a new window to reset your password.
- You will then have to enter the new password and click on the ‘Reset’ option.
- Your SBI Fastag account password will now be reset and you will automatically be redirected to the Login page where you can log in to your Fastag account with your new Password.