What is MyFastag App?
National Highways Authority of India i.e NHAI has made it easier to make toll payments at the Toll Plazas by making the toll collection system electronic. NHAI launched Fastag earlier in November 2014 and then made it mandatory for all Four-wheeled vehicles to have Fastag after February 2021.
NHAI released a mobile app named ‘MyFastag App’ which provides various facilities to the Fastag holders. MyFastag App is now made enable with many features like you can recharge your Fastag, check the balance in your Fastag, etc.
Because Fastag is now compulsory for all vehicles to make toll payments, therefore if you have a four-wheeler vehicle and are using a Fastag on it then the MyFastag app can be really helpful for you. It can save a lot of time as you can easily recharge your Fastag and check the balance in it within a few minutes.
How to Apply Fastag through MyFastag App?
You have to follow the below steps to apply a new Fastag from the MyFastag app
- Download and Login MyFastag app on your Mobile Phone.
- When you log in to your MyFastag app account, you will see many options there.
- There are two main sections there: ‘NHAI Fastag (Bank – Neutral Fastag), Bank Specific Fastag (Fastag Issued by Banks).
- If you want to purchase Fastag directly from NHAI then click on the ‘Buy NHAI Fastag’ option.
- If you want to buy Fastag from any bank then click on the ‘Buy Bank Issued Fastag’ option.
- Depending upon the option you choose, you have to enter various information including your personal information like Name, Address, Vehicle Number.
- Upload the required documents.
- Then make the Fastag applying payment and submit the application form.
- The process of applying the new Fastag through the ‘MyFastag App’ is now complete and you will get it delivered to your mentioned address within 5-7 days.
How to Download MyFastag App for Android or iOS?
You can easily download MyFastag App on your Android or iOS mobile phones. MyFastag App is available to download free of cost for your Android Phone from the Google Play store and iOS phone from App Store. As mentioned above it is not only possible to check the balance in your Fastag using MyFastag App, recharging it, you can also keep a check on your transaction history of Fastag with the help of MyFastag App.
Follow the below steps to download MyFastag App on your mobile phone.
- First of all, you have to open Google Playstore or App Store on your mobile phone depending upon the type of device i.e Android or iOS.
- In the search box, you have to type ‘MyFastag’
- After searching, you will see the option to install the ‘MyFastag’ app.
Click on the ‘Install’ button.
- MyFastag app will be downloaded and installed on your mobile phone.
- Once MyFastag App is installed on your phone, you can create an account on it and then log in to use its services.
How to recharge Fastag using MyFastag app?
Below we have explained the step-by-step process to recharge your Fastag with the help of the MyFastag app.
- After you have downloaded and installed MyFastag App on your mobile phone, you have to log in by entering your login details.
- Once you are logged into your ‘MyFastag’ app account, you will see a ‘Recharge Via UPI’ option.
- You will now to required to select the bank from which you have purchased your Fastag.
- Then you have to enter the vehicle number for which you want to recharge your Fastag.
- A form will open up in a new window where you see various fields under two headings ‘Pay To’ and ‘Pay From’
- Under the ‘Pay To’ heading you have to enter many details like ‘Payee UPI’, ‘Payee Name’, ‘Recharge Amount’, ‘Remarks’.
- Under the ‘Pay From’ field, you have to enter information like your UPI id through which you want to make the payment..
- After filling above details, Tap on the ‘Pay’ button.
- The payment will be done and your Fastag will be recharged using the ‘MyFastag App’.
How to Check Balance in your Fastag using MyFastag App?
NHAI has recently provided this new feature into the MyFastag app through which you can get all information about the remaining balance in your Fastag in no time. The process to check the balance in your Fastag requires just three steps which are mentioned below:
- Open the MyFastag app on your mobile phone once it is installed.
- Login to your MyFastag app account by entering your login details.
- When you are logged into your account, you can see your profile where you will see the balance remaining in your Fastag wallet.
Color coding system has been made enabled in the MyFastag App which helps you to check the status of your Fastag. There are three color codes that indicate the Fastag balance status as below:
- If MyFastag App shows ‘Green Color‘ then it means that there is sufficient balance in your Fastag.
- The ‘Orange Color‘ means there is a low balance in your Fastag.
- The ‘Red Color‘ in MyFastag App indicates that your Fastag is blacklisted.
How to Activate Fastag using MyFastag App?
Once you have purchased a new Fastag for your vehicle from any platform, then there are many ways to recharge it. It is possible to activate your Fastag and start using its services at the toll plazas, by yourself or you can visit the nearest branch of the bank to activate it. Another important feature of the NHAI issued MyFastag App is that you can also activate your Fastag through it.
Follow the below steps to activate your Fastag through MyFastag App
- Open the MyFastag App on your Mobile.
- Log in to the app with your credentials.
- You will then be asked to enter various information such as Customer ID, Wallet ID, Vehicle Number, etc.
- After entering the above information your Fastag will be activated.
- When your Fastag is activated you can link it with your bank account also after following the required steps.