For vehicle owners who are used to moving on the National Highways in India on a daily basis, the Fastag is a trusted solution thanks to which they can avoid queues at the toll plazas. Through an exchange of signals between the Fastag device positioned on the vehicle and the scanners at the toll plazas, communication takes place that allows the automatic payment of Toll, and the barrier rises which allows a vehicle to cross over the toll plaza. This communication between the Fastag device and the sensors at the toll plazas takes place with the help of technology which is known as Radio Frequency Identification technology (RFID)
Table of Contents
Fastag is much more than a small device to be installed on your vehicle. In the last year, more than ninety percent of the four-wheeler vehicle owners have purchased Fastag for their vehicle as it was made compulsory for all vehicles after 15 Feb 2021. In the last some time, Fastag has been upgraded to provide many other services than just paying toll at the toll plazas. So Fastag not only allows a user to enjoy an innovative traveling experience but also offers many other services.
How to apply Fastag from Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB)
About 30 Indian banks have agreements with NETC i.e National Electronic Toll Collection program to provide Fastag to four wheeler vehicle owners. So you can easily apply for a Fastag by contacting any of these banks including Punjab & Sind Bank(PSB). About 30000 points of sales(POS) locations have been opened by these banks at various toll plazas, petrol pumps, transport centers across the Country.
A new Fastag can also be applied from mobile apps like Paytm, Amazon, Google Pay, etc.
So you can apply a Fastag from the official website of the registered banks, by visiting the POS center or through Mobile apps. In this article, we will explain how you can apply a Fastag for your vehicle from Punjab & Sind Bank(PSB). Currently, PSB only gives the option to apply a Fastag through its branch.
- To open a Fastag prepaid account, visit the nearest branch of Punjab & Sind Bank.
- There the agent will provide you the application form for applying Fastag.
- Fill in the personal details like name, address, date of birth, mobile number, email id, and more in this form.
- Attach the photocopies of KYC documents like PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving License, etc.
- Now you have to enter the Vehicle Registration Number and also attach a copy of your vehicle’s RC.
- Make the payment and submit the form.
- After verifying your details and documents, the new Fastag will be issued to you quickly.
Documents required for Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) Fastag
The documents that you may need for applying for a Fastag from Punjab & Sind Bank(PSB) are”
- The vehicle registration certificate
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner
- The identity documents eg. Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter Card, Driving License, etc.
How to recharge Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) Fastag
If your Fastag is linked with any prepaid account, then you have to recharge it when there is a low balance in your Fastag. Fastag purchased from PSB can be recharged through one of the following methods:
Through PSB Netbanking
To recharge your Fastag through the Netbanking of Punjab & Sind Bank follow the below steps.
Login to the Netbanking account of PSB using your credentials.
After login, you will see ‘BillPay & Recharge’ option.
Choose this option and click on Continue.
Then click on the ‘Fastag Icon’ under the Pay option.
Now enter the registration number of your vehicle.
Enter the recharge amount and then tap on the Pay tab.
Your Fastag will be recharged successfully using the Netbanking of Punjab & Sind Bank
Through Mobile Payment Apps
Steps required to recharge Fastag from mobile apps are usually the same for all mobile app with only a few changes. Here we are explaining the steps required to recharge Fastag from Google Pay App.
- Open and log in to the Google Pay app in your mobile phone
- After scrolling down the home screen of the Google Pay App, you will notice some ‘Business Icon’
- Here you will see an Explore’ option next to it.
- You have to click on this option and then type ‘Fastag’ in the search bar.
In the next step, you will have to choose your bank i.e Punjab & Sind Bank from the list
- Now you are asked to enter your Vehicle Registration Number.
- After that, you will have to enter your recharge amount.
- Once the payment is done successfully, your Fastag will be recharged through Google Pay.
Through UPI Id
You can recharge your Fastag purchased from any bank including PSB through your UPI id, the steps for which are mentioned below:
- Login to any of the UPI app installed on your mobile phone.
- Here you will see ‘Send’ option. Click on this option.
- Now you have to enter your Fastag UPI id which has this format: netc.vehiclenumber@psb
- After that, you will have to click on ‘Verify UPI ID’
- Then you will have to enter the recharge amount.
- Once you enter the recharge amount, you will have to authenticate the payment by entering your pin.
- Your PSB Bank Fastag recharge through UPI Id will be done.
How to check Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) Fastag balance
Checking the balance in your PSB Fastag is very easy and you can check it sitting at your home. You can check the balance in your Fastag purchased from Punjab & Sind Bank in just 2 minutes by using one of the below methods.
Checking PSB Fastag balance through Miss Call
To check the balance in your Punjab & Sind Bank Fastag, you have to give a miss call from your registered mobile number. You must give a miss call on this number +91 88843 33331, which is issued by NHAI. When you give a miss call on this number, an SMS will be received on your registered mobile number through which you can keep track of the remaining balance in your PSB Fastag account.
Checking PSB Fastag balance through MyFastag App
You can check the balance of Fastag issued by Punjab & Sind Bank through MyFastag app. For this, your mobile number be registered. Follow the below steps to check the Fastag balance through MyFastag app.
Open the MyFastag app on your Mobile.
Log in to the app if you are not already logged in.
Here you can see the balance in your PSB Fastag prepaid account.
Checking PSB Fastag balance through SMS
Whenever you cross a toll plaza, the money is automatically deducted from your Punjab & Sind Bank(PSB) Fastag wallet and the message is sent to your Mobile Number registered with the bank. The balance in your PSB Fastag account is specified in this SMS.
Charges of Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) Fastag
The cost of purchasing Fastag varies according to the type of service chosen. i.e on the color of Fastag. Fastag is available in seven different colors which depend upon the type of vehicle for which you are purchasing it. The cost of each color of Fastag is different. The cost of Fastag also depends on the bank from which you are purchasing a Fastag. The cost of purchasing Fastag from Punjab & Sind Bank(PSB) is mentioned below:
- Fees for Issuing Fastag from PSB: Rs. 100
- Refundable Security fees: Rs. 200 – Rs. 500
- First-time recharge amount: Rs. 100 – Rs. 300
After purchasing Fastag from Punjab & Sind Bank, it remains valid for five years after which it has to be renewed again.
Benefits of Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) Fastag
There are many benefits of purchasing a Fastag from Punjab & Sind Bank(PSB).
- Fastag installed on your vehicle allows the cashless way of making toll payment
- Fastag allows fast payment at the toll plazas as there are dedicated lanes for Fastag at the toll plazas.
- All the transactions made through PSB Fastag can be easily monitored through the SMS sent on your mobile.
- Punjab & Sind Bank also provides a cashback program for its Fastag users.
- Besides all the above advantages, Fastag saves time as well as fuel for the users.
How to activate blacklisted Punjab & Sind Bank(PSB) Fastag
Sometimes it happens that, you reach a toll plaza but the money is not deducted from our Fastag prepaid account, and the barrier at that plaza is not lifted. This situation may occur if your PSB Fastag is blacklisted.
A blacklisted Fastag means that it is forbidden to make the payments at the toll plazas and the biggest reason for becoming a Fastag blacklisted is the low or zero balance in it. So Fastag issued from Punjab & Sind Bank can be reactivated and removed from the blacklist by adding sufficient balance into it.
There are other reasons for blacklisted Fastag which are:
- Registration Certificate(RC) is not scanned properly.
- The Fastag issued for one class of vehicle is pasted on other class of vehicle
To avoid a Fastag, not becoming blacklisted, you should avoid all of the above situations.
Punjab & Sind Bank(PSB) Fastag Customer Care Number
The customer support team of Punjab & Sind Bank Fastag can be reached through two most common ways and these are through Phone and email
Toll-Free number: 1800 419 8300
If you want to speak with an operator of PSB regarding your Fastag related issues, you can call this number. Although there are specific hours to call this number, it is very excellent and you will get the solutions to your problems instantly most of the time.
E-mail: [email protected]
If you are not in hurry, then you can send an email to the support team of PSB at this id. By sending an email, you will receive a more detailed and specific answer to any Fastag related questions.