Fastag was started for the purpose of making the toll collection process at toll plazas digital. There are special lanes at the toll plazas for scanning the Fastag sticker installed on the Wind glass of your four-wheeler vehicles. The payment of toll tax is deducted immediately from your Fastag account when your vehicles come in contact with the sensors installed at the toll plazas. Your Fastag must be recharged so that there is enough balance into it for making the payments at the toll plaza through your Fastag card. So it means that with the help of Fastag, the toll tax at the toll plazas is paid digitally.
Since 15 February 2021, all toll plazas in India are converted into Fastag lanes and the toll collection has been started through the Fastag. Fastag is an Electronic Toll collection system that is basically a rechargeable card and it uses Radio Frequency Identification technology(RFID)
How to Apply Fastag from Bank of Maharashtra(BOM)
After making Fastag compulsory by NHAI for four-wheeler vehicles, the wheeler-dealer agencies will provide the Fastag with new vehicles. So it means that, if you are purchasing a new vehicle, then you will get a Fastag along with it. But if you have an old vehicle, then you will have to purchase a Fastag for it on your own. Many top banks in India Like SBI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, etc, and many e-wallet services like Paytm, GooglePe, PhonePe have opened their Point of Sales(POS) centers at various toll plazas in India. You can apply a Fastag for your vehicle by visiting these POS. But if you want to apply for a Fastag, sitting at your home then you can do so by visiting the official websites of these Banks or e-wallet services. Below we will let you know, how you can apply a Fastag for your vehicle from the Bank of Maharashtra.
- To apply for a Fastag from the Bank of Maharashtra, you have to visit the official Fastag portal of the bank.
- You can open the official Fastag portal of the Bank of Maharashtra through this link: https://fastag.bankofmaharashtra.in/Account/createnewuser
- If you have an account with the Bank of Maharashtra, then you will have to enter the CIF Number, fill the captcha, and then Generate OTP.
- After filling in the CIF number and clicking on the ‘Generate OTP’ button, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- You have to verify this OTP.
- Then a new window will open up and you will be asked to select the type of vehicle for which you are applying Fastag from the Bank of Maharashtra.
- After selecting the type of vehicle, you will have to enter your address details and then have to enter your verification details.
- For verifying your details, you have submitted documents like Aadhar card, Voter card or PAN card, etc.
- Then you will have to upload your KYC documents and the Front and backside of your vehicle’s RC copy.
- Make sure that the copy of RC is clear and completely visible.
- Finally, you will have to click on confirm button upon which you will have to verify all the details filled in the application form
- Now make the payment required for applying Fastag from the Bank of Maharasthra through any mode of payment.
- You are now done with applying Fastag from the Bank of Maharasthra and will receive the Fastag in 10-15 working days.
Documents required for Bank of Maharashtra(BOM) Fastag
To open a Fastag account and to apply a new Fastag for your vehicle through the Bank of Maharashtra, you may need the following documents.
- Registration Certificate(RC) of your 4 or more wheeled vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC Documents of the Vehicle owner
- Address proof like Aadhar card, voter card, Driving License, etc to prove the identity of the vehicle owner.
Bank of Maharashtra Fastag Charges and validity
If you are going to apply a new Fastag for your vehicle from the Bank of Maharashtra, then the charges will be Rs. 200 as the issuance fees ie. registration fees of Fastag, Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 refundable security fees and minimum recharge of Rs. 100. An important thing to note here is that the registration fees and the security deposit may change with time and also depends upon the type & category of vehicles.
Once you purchase a Fastag from the Bank of Maharashtra, then it will remain valid for the next 5 years. During this duration, you will only need to recharge your Fastag to maintain some balance in it. After the validity of 5 years, you will have to re-issue your Fastag from the Bank of Maharashtra.
How to Recharge Bank of Maharashtra Fastag
After purchasing Fastag from the Bank of Maharashtra you have to recharge it so that there is sufficient balance in it to make the convenient payment at the toll plazas. You can add a minimum of Rs. 100 to a maximum of Rs. 1 Lakh in your Fastag card. Bank of Maharashtra Fastag Recharge can be done in various ways. Steps to recharge Fastag through the official website of Bank of Maharashtra are:
- First of all open the official Fastag link of Bank of Maharashtra here: https://fastag.bankofmaharashtra.in/
- When you receive Fastag from the Bank of Maharashtra, then you will also receive your User ID and Password in the envelope that contains the Fastag sticker.
- Login into the Fastag portal of Bank of Maharashtra(BOM) by entering these login details.
- Once you are logged into to Bank of Maharashtra Fastag portal, you will see the Fastag recharge option there.
- Click on this Fastag recharge option.
- Then enter the amount you want to recharge your Bank of Maharashtra with.
- Now make the payment by Credit card, debit card, netbanking or any other mode.
- Once your payment is successful, your Bank of Maharashtra Fastag recharge will be done.
Bank of Maharashtra Fastag balance check
You can check the balance of a Fastag issued from the Bank of Maharashtra through various methods. Here are some of the best ways to recharge your Bank of Maharashtra Fastag.
Bank of Maharashtra Fastag balance check through the website
- Visit the official website of Bank of Maharashtra(BOM) here: https://fastag.bankofmaharashtra.in/
- Login to your Fastag account by entering the credentials received with the Bank of Maharashtra Fastag sticker.
- After login, you will see various options there like: Wallet Account, Fastag registered, Recharge NETC Fastag, etc.
- Here you will also see the option of ‘Balance Check’
- Click on this option and your Bank of Maharashtra Fastag balance will be displayed to you.
Checking Bank of Maharashtra Fastag using MyFastag App
You can check the balance of Fastag purchased from the Bank of Maharashtra through the MyFastag app.
For this, you have to first download this app to your mobile. After downloading login into the app and then you will easily check your Bank of Maharashtra Fastag balance.
When you cross a toll plaza in a vehicle with a Bank of Maharashtra enabled Fastag, then an SMS will be received on your Mobile number registered with Bank of Maharashtra. The balance remaining in your Fastag will be shown in this SMS.
How to activate Bank of Maharashtra (BOM) Blacklisted Fastag
If the balance in your Fastag purchased from the Bank of Maharashtra is low or it becomes zero, then your Fastag wallet will not be able to pay toll tax at the plazas. If such a situation occurs, then your Bank of Maharashtra Fastag will go on the blacklist. So in order to keep your Fastag working, you need to recharge your Fastag again and maintain adequate balance into it. After recharging your Bank of Maharashtra Fastag, it will be reactivated and removed from the blacklist.
Benefits of Bank of Maharashtra Fastag
After receiving a Fastag from the Bank of Maharashtra and activating it, you can get various benefits by using it. Here are some of the most common benefits of Bank of Maharashtra Fastag
- Fastag issued by any Banks including the Bank of Maharashtra has solved the problems of traffic jams at toll plazas to a great extent.
- With the use of Bank of Maharashtra Fastag, you will receive various cashback offers from time to time
- Because transport vehicles travel a long distance and have to cross various toll plazas during this journey, so the use of Fastag will save their lot of time and help in speedy delivery of goods.
- Less pollution due to use of Fastag.
- Since toll tax is now cut off automatically from the Fastag account, so there is no need to keep change money for the tax payment
How to do Bank of Maharashtra Fastag KYC
The full form of KYC is ‘Know your Customer which means to get information about your customer. KYC is basically a form, in which the customer gives all the information related to himself and submits it to the organization or financial institute he is dealing with. For example, if you are going to apply for a loan from any bank, then you have to provide documents like Aadhar card, PAN Card, Voter Card, Driving License, etc to the bank before applying for the loan. By updating your KYC with the Bank of Maharashtra, you can use the services of Fastag in a better way.
For getting any financial services from the Bank of Maharashtra, like purchasing a Fastag, KYC plays an important role. To update the KYC with the Bank of Maharashtra you have to simply fill a form which you can download from the official website of the Bank of Maharashtra.
Type of Bank of Maharashtra Fastag KYC
There are two types of KYC that you can update with the Bank of Maharashtra
If need to have any government-approved document like Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, etc for doing Mini KYC of Fastag at Bank of Maharashtra. By doing Mini KYC with the Bank of Maharashtra, you can add up to a maximum balance of Rs. 10000 in your Fastag wallet
After doing full KYC with the Bank of Maharashtra, a customer will be able to get the complete benefits of the Fastag. To do the full KYC with the Bank of Maharashtra, you have to visit the nearest agent of the bank and then submit the documents to him. If you do full KYC with the Bank of Maharashtra, then you will be able to add an amount of up to Rs. 1 Lakh in your Fastag wallet.
Bank of Maharashtra Fastag Customer Care
If there is some problem with your Bank of Maharashtra Fastag, it doesn’t work at a toll plaza or is lost somewhere then you can call the customer care support service at Bank of Maharashtra. The customer service offered Bank of Maharashtra related to any Fastag queries. The Fastag users will be able to experience both the telephone and email service.
The telephone numbers to call Bank of Maharashtra Customer Care anytime are 1800 233 4526 and 1800 102 2636
The toll-free number issued by NHHAI i.e 1033 can be called at any time to get information related to Fastag issued by the Bank of Maharashtra.
The e-mail address of the Bank of Maharashtra is [email protected] with replies usually processed within 24 hours after sending.
Bank of Maharashtra also has a Frequently Asked Questions section. For this, you have to open this link: https://www.bankofmaharashtra.in/netc-fastag. Here you will see the Frequently Asked Questions tab. The FAQ section provided by the Bank of Maharashtra offers complete assistance to the users for their problems regarding Fastag. Here you will find answers for all the most frequently asked questions.
Fastag Banks List with customer Care Number
|Bank||Customer Care Helpline
||Tag issuance charge|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400||Rs. 100|
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||1800 103 1222||Rs. 100|
|IDFC FIRST Bank||1800-266-9970||₹200 including service tax|
|PAYTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480||Rs. 100|
|State Bank of India||1800-11-0018||Rs. 100|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1800-419-8585||Rs. 200 + service tax|
|Federal Bank||1800-266-9520||Rs. 100|
|Indusind Bank||1860 -500- 5004||Rs.200|
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993||Rs. 200|
|Syndicate Bank||1800-425-0585||Rs. 200|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568||Rs. 84.74 + GST|
|FINO Payments Bank||1860-266-3466||Rs.100 + GST|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916||Rs.100|
|Punjab National Bank||080-67295310||Rs.100|
|Union Bank of India||1800- 22- 22 44||Rs.100|
|Canara Bank||1800-103-3568||Rs. 200|
|HDFC Bank||1800-120-1243||Rs. 200|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-300-69090||Rs. 100|
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank||1800-266-9545||Rs.100|
|Yes Bank Ltd||1800 -1200||Rs.100|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200||Rs. 200|
|ICICI Bank||1800-2100-104||Rs. 99.12|
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800 -266- 7183||Rs 100|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
|Bank of India||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
|Bank of Maharashtra||18002334526
|AU Small Finance Bank||1800 258 7300||Rs 100|
|Central Bank of India||1800 22 1911||200|
|Karnataka Bank||1800 425 1444||200|
|Indian Overseas Bank||18008904445 / 18004254445||200|
|J&K Bank||1800 572 1370||200|