If you have a four-wheeler vehicle and you travel through National Highways in India, then after 15 Feb 2021, you can’t cross the toll plazas without a Fastag. Fastag is a device that gives four-wheeler vehicle owners the advantage of skipping the long toll lanes at the toll plazas and providers many other services also.
Table of Contents
So what is a Fastag, how does it works, and from where you can get it, here in this article you will find answers to all of these questions in full detail
Fastag in simple terms is a device that was launched by the National Highways Authority of India(NHAI) with the orders of the Indian Government. Fastag is placed on the windshield of our vehicle and it makes contact with the sensors at the toll plazas with a technology named Radio Frequency Identification Technology i.e RFID. The sensors at the toll plazas reveal the vehicle’s identity through this RFID technology, automatically cuts the money from our Fastag wallet and then the bar at the toll barrier is raised up and you can then cross the toll.
Fastag has been launched in India only a few years ago, but now it is compulsory at all toll plazas and it is used as a method to automatically collect the toll taxes.
How to apply Fastag from Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
One can apply a new Fastag offline through branches of Banks like HDFC Bank, SBI, ICICI, Indian Overseas Bank, through websites of banks, or through mobile payment service providers like Paytm, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, Phone Pe and more.
In this article, we will have a detailed look at, how you can apply a Fastag from Indian Overseas Bank. For now, you can’t apply a Fastag online through IOB, but you can easily get a new Fastag by visiting the nearest branch of Indian Overseas Bank. NHAI and NETC have issued a list of more than 30 banks through which you can apply a Fastag and IOB is one of these banks. By visiting the branch of Indian Overseas Bank, you can get a Fastag immediately most of the time.
The steps required to apply a Fastag from Indian Overseas Bank’s branch are mentioned below:
- Ask for the application form for purchasing a new Fastag after visiting any branch of Indian Overseas Bank(IOB)
- The applicant has to fill all the required information in this application form
- The applicant must take the necessary documents as mentioned below while visiting the IOB branch for applying new Fastag
- After attaching the photocopy of these documents, the applicant must also attach the front and back copy of the vehicle’s RC
- When all the information is filled up and necessary documents are attached, the application form of Fastag can be submitted to the IOB agent along with the payment.
- The agent will then process the application form for purchasing Fastag from IOB.
- Once the application is processed, the Fastag is ready is handed over to the applicant immediately.
- Now the user can install this Fastag purchased from Indian Overseas Bank on his/her vehicle and can pay the fees at the toll plazas.
Documents required for Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Fastag
In addition to providing personal details, you must need to submit the following documents while applying a Fastag from IOB
- Scanned/Photostat copy of Vehicle’s RC
- Passport Photo of vehicle’s owner
- Identity documents like PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving License, Passport, etc
- Identity documents are also required for updating KYC with the IOB.
How to recharge Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Fastag
If the balance in your Fastag purchased from Indian Overseas bank ends up or becomes low, then you can easily recharge it through Netbanking, UPI, and many other methods.
Indian Overseas Bank Fastag can also be recharged from the recharge counter located at various toll plazas, petrol pumps, or point of sales locations.
Fastag can be recharged with a minimum amount of Rs. 100 and maximum amount of Rs. 1 Lakh.
So various popular ways of recharging Indian Overseas Bank Fastag are explained below:
IOB Fastag recharge through Netbanking
Follow the below steps to recharge Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Fastag through Netbanking
- Login to Intnetbanking of IOB with your Username and Password.
- Here you will see the ‘Payment and Top Up’ option.
- Click on this option and then select the ‘Recharge’ tab.
- Now you have to choose the Wallet ID of the Fastag Wallet in which you want to reload the money.
- Enter the recharge amount.
- Choose the payment mode and then click on Continue.
- After clicking on Continue, you will be asked to enter the bank login details.
- When you enter the details, your process of recharging Fastag through IOB Netbanking is completed.
IOB Fastag recharge through Paytm/Google Pay/Phonepe
No matters from which bank you purchased your Fastag, you can recharge it from any of the mobile payment apps like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, etc. So it means that you can easily recharge your Fastag purchased from Indian Overseas bank through any of these mobile apps. The steps required to recharge IOB Fastag through any of mobile payment apps are almost the same and are mentioned below:
- Download any of the above mobile payment apps in your Mobile Phone.
- Now you will have to install this app and have to register with your mobile number.
- When you create your account on this mobile app, you will have to go to the home screen of the app.
- Here you will see the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option.
- After clicking on this recharge option, you will see the list of Fastag recharge options for all banks.
- From this list, you have to choose Indian Overseas Bank.
- Now you will have to enter your vehicle number and click on Confirm
- Next, you have to enter the recharge amount and then click on the ‘Send’ option.
- In the last step, you will have to enter your UPI Pin, after that your IOB Fastag recharge will be done.
How to check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Fastag Balance
With the development of the internet, India is rapidly moving toward becoming Digital India. Now it has become very easy to transfer money from one bank to another, recharging Mobile, DTH, making Bill Payments, Book Movie tickets, etc. Apps are available to do all such tasks very easily. Similarly, various apps and online methods are available to check the balance of your Indian Overseas Bank Fastag.
Different methods of checking IOB Fastag balance are mentioned below:
Checking IOB Fastag balance through the MyFastag app
- Download the MyFastag app on your smartphone from the Google Play store.
- Make login to your MyFastag account by entering your login details.
- After login, you will be able to see the balance in your IOB Fastag and all other details related to your Fastag account.
Checking IOB Fastag balance through Miss Call
An IOB Fastag user can check the balance in his/her Fastag wallet through the miss call facility provided by the NHAI. For this, they have to give a miss on this number +91 88843 33331 and the balance in your Fastag will be sent to your registered mobile number through a text message.
Checking IOB Fastag balance through SMS
The mobile number which you provide while filling the application form of IOB Fastag is linked to your Fastag account. When you cross a toll plaza and the toll fees are paid automatically from your account, then every time an SMS will be sent on this registered mobile number in which all the details including the current balance in your Fastag are listed.
Read Also : Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Fastag KYC Form
Benefits of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Fastag
There are many benefits of purchasing Fastag from the Indian Overseas Bank(IOB). Some of the top benefits of IOB Fastag are mentioned below:
- A Fastag including IOB Bank Fastag is a means of avoiding long queues at the toll plazas in India.
- Toll fees is charged automatically from your IOB Fastag account, so need to keep cash money.
- Fastag can now also be used for paying the parking fees, petrol filling fee, etc at some places.
- IOB offers many offers and discounts to its Fastag customers
- The use of Fastag has helped in reducing the air pollution level to some extent.
Charges of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Fastag
The charges of purchasing Fastag are not fixed and they change depending upon the type of service (i.e type of vehicle, the color of Fastag, etc) and the service provider that you choose.
The basic charges of Purchasing Fastag from Indian Overseas Bank(IOB) include Tag Joining fees, Security Deposit, and Minimum First Time Recharge.
These charges are different for different vehicles and you can apply a Fastag as per your needs i.e whether you want a Fastag for Personal Vehicle, Commerical Vehicle or Heavy Construction Machineries, etc.
So the Fees of purchasing Fastag from Indian Overseas Bank can be divided as below:
- Tag Joining Fees: Rs. 100 for all category Vehicles
- Security Deposit Fees: Rs. 200 to Rs. 500
- Minimum First Time Recharge: Rs. 150 to Rs. 300
The validity of Fastag purchased from Indian Overseas Bank is five years, after which you have to reissue it by paying the above-mentioned fees again.
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Fastag customer care number
From a customer support point of view, the Indian Overseas Bank(IOB) provides everything to satisfy the needs of its users. The Fastag users will find all necessary ways of contacting the customer support team of IOB starting from the Toll-Free Number to the email id for detailed answers to their problems regarding Fastag.
IOB Bank Toll-Free Number: 1800 425 4445
If you want to speak directly to an executive of IOB, then you can call the above toll-free number and explain your problems to them. The operator will listen to your problem or queries with care and provide all possible solutions to them.
Users can also use the email to contact the customer support team of Indian Overseas Bank. The email id for IOB regarding Fastag-related problems is [email protected] the response through email service is not instant, but still it is very Fastag and you are likely to get the reply in only an hour (in working hours.)