If you are an owner of a four-wheeled vehicle or travel through public transport like a bus, then you must know that a lot of time is taken while crossing the toll plazas that come on the way to your destination. This time is consumed because you have to pay the toll tax at the toll plazas in order to pass through it. Toll tax is simply the amount that you pay for using an expressway or highway anywhere in the country. The Road Transport Ministry of India and NHAI keep in touch with the state Governments regarding the collection of the toll money.
While traveling from one city or state to another, then highways are the best way to travel. For providing this convenience to vehicle owners, toll tax is charged to them. This toll tax varies on different highways across India
As we have mentioned highways are a convenient way of traveling fastly, but the problem is that due to cash payment of toll tax there are long lines of vehicles as there are traffic jams at the toll plazas and it consumes a lot of time of the vehicle owners.
To avoid these traffic-related problems, NHAI came out with a solution known as Fastag. This Fastag is a chip-based card that is used to pay the toll tax at the toll plazas electronically. NHAI launched Fastag to promote the electronic and cashless payment of toll tax at the toll plazas.
Fastag is a Radio Frequency Identification technology-based device that is fixed on the windscreen on your four-wheeler vehicle from the inside. When the Fastag was made compulsory by the Indian Government on 15 Feb 2021, then sensors were installed at all the toll plazas of National Highways. These sensors scan the Fastags on the vehicle to automatically deduct the toll tax from the Fastag account.
How to apply Fastag from Union Bank of India(UBI)
Purchasing Fastag is as simple as purchasing a new SIM Card for your mobile. Like you can purchase a SIM card from many retailers or outlets of mobile network operators, similarly, there are various Centers known as POS(Point of Sales) locations set up by various banks at all the toll plazas, petrol pumps, transport offices, etc.
Many banks like HDFC Bank, SBI Bank, ICICI Bank, Union Bank of India, and e-wallet services like Paytm, Google Pay, Amazon, etc also allow vehicle owners to apply a Fastag. In this section, we will explain how you can get a Fastag from the Union Bank of India.
There are basically two ways to apply a Fastag from the Union Bank of India (UBI)
Offline and Online
Apply Fastag from Union Bank of India (UBI) Offline
You can apply for a Fastag from Union Bank of India (UBI) offline by visiting the branch of the bank. To apply the Fastag offline you simply have to visit an agent or representative in the bank’s brand and submit the necessary documents.
Apply Fastag from Union Bank of India (UBI) Online
Now we will learn the step-by-step process of applying a Fastag from Union Bank of India online.
- Go to the official Fastag portal of Union Bank of India from here: https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/netc-issuer.aspx
- Here you will see a link with the name ‘My Tag’ in red color
- By clicking on this link, you will be redirected to a new window where you can see the ‘Continue to Login’ button
- When you click on this option, you will see a window where you will have to enter your User Name and Password
- After login, you will see an application form for applying Fastag through the Union Bank of India(UBI)
- To apply for Fastag through UBI, you have to enter some of your details like Name, Address, Email id, Phone Number, etc.
- Then you will be required to enter the details of KYC documents and have to upload the scanned copy of your RC.
- After filling in all the details and uploading the necessary documents, submit the application form of Union Bank of India Fastag.
Now your Fastag account will be created and the Fastag will be sent to your address within 4-5 days.
Documents required for Union Bank of India(UBI) Fastag
To apply for a Fastag from the Union Bank of India, you need to submit a photocopy of some important documents. The list of documents required for applying for Fastag from the Union Bank of India is:
- Identity proof and KYC documents ( Aadhar Card, Voter id, etc.)
- Copy of Registration Certificate(RC)
The KYC documents required for the Individual and Corporate category of Union Bank of India Fastag are as below:
Sole – Prop
- Entity proof – Shop Establishment Certificate or GSTN Certificate or Electricity
- Bill or any other proof acceptable to the bank
- ISA (Identity, Signature & Address) of Proprietor – Aadhaar(not mandatory)& Pan Card
- GST Registration Certificate required as per the limit set by the GOI
- Partnership Deed
- PAN Card (Mandatory)
- List of Partners along with capital or profit percentage
- ISA of all the partners
- GST Registration Certificate
Limited Liability Partnerships
- LLP Agreement
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Registrar of Cos
- PAN Card
- ISA of Designated partners
- GST Registration Certificate
Private / Public Limited Companies
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration Certificate of the Firm
- Certificate of commencement of business
- Updated Memorandum & Articles of Association
- PAN Card
- List of Directors
- Board Resolution for Authorized Signatory
- GST Registration Certificate
How to recharge Union Bank of India(UBI) Fastag
A few months ago, the number of Fastag users was very few and people were less aware of it. But when the Fastag was made mandatory after 15 Feb 2021, all vehicle owners have to attach it to their vehicles for the payment of toll tax. As Fastag is a recharge-based card, so users have to recharge it whenever the balance in it becomes low.
At present time there are many apps like Paytm, Google Pay, and bank websites through which Fastag users can recharge their Fastag.
Union Bank of India also gives the facility of recharging Fastag through its official Fastag portal. Earlier Union Bank used to provide facilities like mobile recharge, Money transfer, etc. But now it has added an additional feature i.e recharging the Fastag.
Here we will explain the steps to online recharge Fastag through the website of Union Bank of India(UBI)
- Open the official Fastag portal of Union Bank of India from here: https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/netc-issuer.aspx
- Follow the same process to login to your Fastag account as mentioned in the ‘How to apply Fastag from UBI’ section
- After you log in to your Union Bank of Fastag portal, you can recharge your Fastag account by finding the ‘Recharge’ option
- When you click on the Recharge option, you will need to put the recharge amount.
- After entering the recharge amount that you want your Union Bank of India Fastag to be loaded with, choose a payment method
- After choosing a payment method, complete the payment and then click on Submit.
- Now your payment is done and money will be added to your Union Bank of India Fastag account.
How to check Union Bank of India Fastag Balance
If you have an account in a bank and want to check the balance in your account then you can either go to the branch of the bank or visit the nearest ATM to check the balance. But do you know how you can check the balance of Fastag issued by a bank like Union Bank of India?
To check the balance in your Union Bank of India Fastag, you don’t have to go to the branch of the bank or to any Point of Sales locations. You can check the balance in your Fastag simply through Message, Miss call or by visiting the website of the Union Bank of India. All banks in India which provide Fastag services have launched numbers through which users can know the balance in their Fastag. Similarly, the Union Bank of India also has launched mobile no. to help Fastag users check the balance in their Fastag wallet.
Checking Fastag balance through the Union Bank of India website
- For this, first of all, you have to visit the official website of Union Bank of India through this link https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/netc-issuer.aspx
- Here click on ‘My Tag’ >> Continue to Login >> Enter your Login details
- Once doing the login, click on the ‘My Account option in the dashboard at the top
- Now click on the ‘Check Balance’ option
- You will see how much balance is present in your Union Bank of India Fastag
Checking Union Bank of India Fastag balance through the MyFastag app
- To check the balance in your Union Bank of India Fastag through the MyFastag app, the app must be installed on your Mobile phone.
- When you have installed the MyFastag app, then you have to enter your login details to login into the app
- After login, you can check the balance in your Union Bank of India Fastag.
- The balance in the MyFastag app is displayed in various colors.
Checking Fastag balance through Miss call or SMS
If your mobile number is registered with NHAI, then you can get the information regarding your Union Bank of India Fastag through SMS or Miss Call. A mobile number +91-8884333331 is launched by NHAI for allowing the Fastag users of any bank including Union Bank of India to get the balance in their Fastag wallet. Fastag users will have to dial this number from their registered mobile and have to give a miss call. Then a message will be received in your mobile inbox in which your Fastag balance information can be found.
After you pay toll tax at any toll plaza then also an SMS with your balance in Union Bank of Fastag is sent on your registered mobile number.
Charges for Union Bank of India Fastag and validity
A one-time deposit fee of Rs. 100 is required by the Union Bank of India(UBI) while applying a new Fastag for your vehicle. There are some other charges that a new Fastag applicant must also have to pay to the Union Bank of India. These charges depend upon the colors of the Fastag and are mentioned below:
- One-Time Deposit Fees: Rs. 100
- Tag Security Deposit: Starting from Rs. 200 to Rs. 1000 depending upon the color of the Fastag
- Minimum First Time Recharge amount: Rs. 200 to Rs. 1000 which again depends upon the color and Category of Fastag.
Fastag issued by Union Bank of India comes with a validity period of five years after which it needs to be reissued by paying the same fees as mentioned above.
Union Bank of India Fastag benefits
- As the toll tax payment is deducted automatically from your Fastag account, so it makes the movement of vehicles quick at the toll plazas.
- Fastag issued by Union Bank of India helps vehicle owners not to take care of
- keeping the change or cash money for the toll payment
- Money can be reloaded into your Fastag account easily through the website of Union Bank of India.
- For easy transactions done at any toll plaza, the Union Bank of India Fastag users will receive messages on their mobile with all the details on it.
- Fastag helps in reducing air pollution as less fuel is consumed.
How to activate Union Bank of India Blacklisted Fastag
A Fastag user must make sure that the balance in this Fastag issued by the Union Bank of India must not be less than the minimum threshold amount. If there is a low balance in your Union Bank of India Fastag, then the result of it will be that your Fastag will be moved to the blacklist. A blacklisted Fastag means that your toll payment can not be done through your Fastag account and you may also have to pay a penalty.
So if your Fastag is blacklisted for low balance, then you can react by recharging it again with a sufficient balance.
Some other reasons are also associated with getting Fastag blacklisted like you use Fastag issued by Union Bank of India for one vehicle on another vehicle or a toll plaza is not able to properly scan it due to some technical issue. If these are the reasons for getting your Fastag blacklisted, then you can contact the Customer support of Union Bank of India through one of the below-mentioned methods.
Union Bank of India Fastag Customer Care Number
As various Fastag service providers exist in the market today, Union Bank of India(UBI) doesn’t stand behind any of them because of its very good services including Customer support service.
The customer support service of Union Bank of India is very efficient and can be availed throughout the day.
- The number to contact the Union Bank of India Fastag customer care staff by telephone is 18002586400
- The address to receive support via e-mail, Customercare@unionbankofindia.com
- Before contacting the Union Bank of India Customer care staff directly, it is however possible to find a series of detailed questions and answers in the appropriate section i.e Frequently Asked Questions which can find here: https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/netc-issuer.aspx