Payment Banks are like other commercial banks in India but they have slightly different operations than commercial banks. For example, Payment Banks work on a small scale and they can be used for making deposits, receiving money, transferring money, sending money from mobile phones, and can issue Debit cards but they can not issue Credit Cards and provide loans. In addition to this, there is a limit on the amount that can be deposited in Payment Banks.
Until this time, users can make a deposit of up to Rs. 1 Lakh in payment banks. Bharti Airtel launched its Payment bank service in India on 11 April 2016 in collaboration with Kotak Mahindra Bank and this service was named Airtel Payments Bank.
Airtel became the first organization in India to obtain a license of Payment Bank from RBI (Reserve Bank of India).The main motive of Airtel Payments Bank is to provide banking services to people in villages and small towns. For this Airtel has started Airtel Payment Outlet points at thousands of places across India.
People can open an account at Airtel Payments Bank easily by visiting any of the nearest outlets. They have no need to submit a lot of documents, they can open an account at Airtel Payments Bank just with the help of their Aadhar Card.
Apart from providing basic and convenient banking services to the people, Airtel Payments Bank is now also providing the facility of getting a Fastag for four-wheeler vehicles. So here in this article, we are going to explain, how you can apply a Fastag from Airtel Payments banks and recharge it.
What is a Airtel Payments Bank Fastag?
It is now a must for people to have Fastag installed on their four-wheeler vehicles since 15 Feb 2021. Fastag is mandatory for people traveling through Toll Plazas of the highways to pay toll taxes and without having Fastag they may have to pay double toll charges. Fastag is now used at all Toll Plazas of National Highways for Toll collection.
In simple terms, Fastag is an electronic Toll Collection technique developed by the National Highway Authority of India(NHAI) to solve problems such as waiting in Long Lines at toll plazas, paying toll tax by stopping your vehicle, and getting rid of the problem of having change money.
The Fastag is pasted on the windscreen of your vehicle by removing the self-adhesive tape of the Fastag sticker. A technology named RFID i.e Radio Frequency Identification technology is used in the Fastag. When a vehicle comes near a toll plaza, then sensors at the toll plaza scan the Fastag attached to your vehicle with the help of RFID, and the toll prices are cut off from the Fastag account. In this way you will be able to pay tax without stopping at the toll plazas, you just have to slow down your vehicle for a moment.
How to get Fastag from Airtel Payments Bank?
A person can get a Fastag in many ways. He can go to a Point of Sale location i.e POS, or visit any bank’s branch with the necessary documents. But visiting any such location physically will take time and you may have to wait in long queues. For this Airtel Payments Bank is providing its users a facility to apply Fastag online through its official portal. With the help of this online portal, new users can apply Fastag online very easily and it will be delivered to their home in 3-4 hours.
Airtel Payments Bank provides various methods for applying a Fastag online. A user can apply a new Fastag from Airtel Payments Bank through:
- MyAirtel app
- Internet Banking of Airtel Payments Bank
- Calling at the toll-Free Customer Care Number of Airtel Payments Bank i.e 400 or 8800688006
Steps required to apply a Fastag through Internet Banking of Airtel are mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to open the official portal of Airtel Payments Bank through this link: https://www.airtel.in/bank
- When you open the official link of Airtel Payments Bank, you will see ‘NETC Fastag’ option in the top menu.
- After clicking on this option, you will be redirected to the Fastag page of Airtel Payments Bank
- Here you have to first enter your Vehicle Registration No.
- Below the Vehicle Registration Number field, you will see the ‘Upload Vehicle RC’ option.
- Now upload the Front and Backside of your Registration Certificate (RC)
- After uploading the copy of RC, Click on the Green ‘Next’ Button
- Once you click on the ‘Next button you will have to make the Fees of purchasing Fastag from Airtel Payments Bank.
- You can make the Fastag payment either by using Internet Banking or from your Airtel Wallet
- Upon making the Fastag Fees, the Airtel Payments Bank Fastag registration process is complete and you will receive Fastag in 3-4 days at the mentioned address.
How to activate and recharge Fastag using Airtel Payments Bank
Once the Fastag from Airtel Payments Bank reaches your home, you can self-activate it by using the MyFastag app. When it is activated you can easily paste it on your vehicle. You can recharge your Airtel Payments Bank Fastag up to a maximum of Rs. 1 Lakh. Steps required to recharge Fastag using Airtel Payments Bank are mentioned below:
- To recharge Fastag through Airtel Payments Bank open this link: https://www.airtel.in/bank/FASTag
- Here you have to make login into your Airtel Payments Bank Fastag account by entering using Login details i.e Username and Password.
- After login, you will see the Fastag recharge option there.
- Just select this option and add any amount you want to top up in your Airtel Payments Bank Fastag account.
- Once you make the Payment your Airtel Payments Bank Fastag recharge will be done.
- How to Recharge Airtel Fastag Using PhonePe App
- How to Activate Blacklisted Airtel Fastag
- How to Recharge Airtel Fastag through Google Pay
- Fastag Banks List with customer Care Number
- Google Pay UPI transaction limit & Supported Banks List in India
- How to Activate Airtel Payments Bank Fastag Online
- How To Change Airtel Bank Fastag Mobile Number
Benefits of using Airtel Payments Bank Fastag
The Fastag was launched by Indian Road and Transport Ministry to provide various benefits to the users. Although its main purpose was to solve problems of long lines and change money at the toll plazas. There are many other benefits of using Fastag provided by Airtel Payments Bank:
- Fastag obtained from Airtel Payments Bank will save time and fuel.
- You can get a cashback offer of Rs. 5% upon making toll transactions through Airtel Payments Bank Fastag
- It is very easy to keep track of your transactions made through Fastag of Airtel Payments Bank because you will receive a message and email alert for all these transactions.
Documents Required for applying Fastag from Airtel Payments Bank
Various documents that a user need to apply a Fastag from Airtel Payments Bank are:
- First of all, you need RC i.e Registration Certificate of your vehicle
- Passport Size photograph of the vehicle owner
- Original and Photocopies of various KYC Documents like Voter Card, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.
Airtel Payments Bank Fastag Charges
The fees of purchasing the Fastag is fixed by the National Corporation of India which is Rs. 100. But since you can get a Fastag from different banks and online platforms, so all these banks and online platforms have different policies for the fees of Fastag.
Airtel Payments Bank charges Rs. 450 as Fastag Fees if you are applying Fastag for a personal vehicle like Cars, Jeeps, and Vans. The break up of this Fastag Fee is like this, Rs. 100 are the one-time issuance fees of Fastag, You also have to pay a Refundable security Fess of Rs. 200 and have to maintain a minimum balance of Rs. 150 in your Fastag purchased from Airtel Payments Banks.
The fees of purchasing Fastag from Airtel Payments Banks for commercial vehicle is different and it depends upon the category of vehicles. Below we have mentioned Fastag purchasing Fees of Airtel Payments Bank for different vehicles.
|Tag Class||Description||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||Violet||100||200|
|4||TATA Ace and similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||Violet||200||100|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle / Mini Bus||Orange||300||100|
|6||Bus 3 Axle||Yellow||400||100|
|6||Truck 3 Axle||Yellow||500||100|
|7||Bus 2 Axle / Truck 2 Axle||Green||400||100|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer / Truck 4/ 5/ 6 Axle||Pink||500||100|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||Blue||500||100|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||Black||500||100|
How to check Fastag Balance through Airtel Payments Bank
If you want to know how much balance is left in your Fastag, then you can easily do it through Airtel Payments Bank. Fastag users can check the actual balance left in their Fastag wallet through Airtel Payments Bank by following the below steps
- For checking Fastag balance, first, open the official website of Airtel Payments Bank i.e https://www.airtel.in/bank
- Now you have to select the ‘NETC Fastag’ option
- After clicking the ‘NETC Fastag’ option fill in the details of your vehicle
- Once you enter your vehicle details, login to your Airtel Payments Bank Fastag account
- When you are logged into your Airtel Payments Bank Fastag account you can check the balance in your Fastag wallet.
How to activate Airtel Payments Bank Blacklisted Fastag
National Payment Corporation of India may blacklist your Fastag issued by Airtel Payments Bank if the minimum balance is not maintained in it. In this case, your Fastag becomes disable and you will not be able to pay Toll tax through it at the toll plazas.
So in order to keep your Fastag purchased from Airtel Payments Bank, active and remove it from the blacklist, you will have to maintain a minimum balance in it ie. Rs. 150 as mentioned above.
Also Read :
- How to download Airtel Bank Fastag Statement Online
- Airtel Payments Bank Fastag KYC Form PDF Download – How to update online
- How to Activate Inactive Airtel Payments Bank Fastag
- How to Recharge Airtel Payments Bank Fastag through Amazon Pay
- How to Recharge Airtel Payments Bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
- How to Recharge Airtel Payments Bank Fastag through Paytm & Step by Step Guide
- Airtel Payments Bank Fastag Customer Care Toll Free Number
- Documents Required for Airtel Payments Bank FASTag
- How to Check Online Airtel Payments Bank Fastag Balance
Validity of Airtel Payments Bank Fastag
A Fastag obtained from Airtel Payments Bank is valid for 5 years. After 5 years the users have to renew their Fastag again. The recharge amount in the Airtel Payments Bank has no validity. It remains active as long as the validity period of Fastag does not expire.
During this validity period of Fastag, users can recharge it any number of times through Airtel Payments Bank as mentioned above in the how-to recharge section.
Airtel Payments Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
Customers who have purchased Fastag from Airtel Payments Bank have various options to contact the help center of the bank. Customers can talk to the customer support team of Airtel Payments Bank and ask any questions or get information if they have any problems or issues regarding their Fastag.
Airtel Payment Bank has issued toll-free numbers for contacting their Customer Support team. Users can also dial the toll-free number issued by NHAI to get any help for their Fastag purchased from Airtel Payments Bank. All these toll frees numbers are mentioned below:
Airtel Payments Bank Toll-Free Numbers:
- For Airtel Subscribers the toll-Free number is: 400
- Subscribers of operators other than Airtel can dial this number: 8800688006
NHAI Toll-Free Number:
Airtel Payments Bank has also provided an email for getting any help regarding Fastag. Send your queries to this email id: wecare[@]airtelbank.com