What is Fastag and How it Works
The Government of India and the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is promoting the electronic collection of Toll tax at various plazas in the country. This technique is known as Fastag. Fastag was started in the year 2014 to overcome the problem of traffic at the toll plazas and then it was made mandatory for every vehicle till 15 February 2021. So if you also have a four-wheeler vehicle, then Fastag is necessary for it to make the payments at the toll plazas.
After attaching the Fastag on the windscreen of your vehicle, you will be able to pay toll tox without stopping at the toll plazas. Your Fastag must be recharged for making the payments at the toll plaza. The Toll amount for a particular vehicle type is cut off from your Fastag account immediately when your vehicle comes in contact with the sensor of that toll plaza. For making such type of automatic collection of toll fees, a technology named RFID i.e Radio Frequency Identification technology is used in the Fastag.
A special code is used in Fastag and this code is different for all vehicles.
How to apply Fastag from Allahabad Bank
You can get a Fastag from any banks that are mentioned on the official website of NPCI ie. National Payments Corporation of India. You can either visit the nearest branch of any of these banks to get a Fastag or you can apply it online. Major banks from where you can apply a Fastag for your vehicle are SBI Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Allahabad Bank, etc. Here we will explain the step-by-step process for applying a Fastag from Allahabad Bank.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of Allahabad Bank.
- As Allahabad Bank is now merged with, so you can access the official website of Allahabad Bank through this link: https://www.indianbank.in/
- You can directly visit the link for applying Fastag from Allahabad Bank here: https://etc11.ventureinfotek.com/AlhFastTagApplication/
- After opening the above link you have to press the ‘Click Here’ button
- An application form will open up. Now you will have to fill this application form.
Various information may be required to enter in this application form, such as Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Pan Number, Vehicle Number, Address, etc.
- You will also have to enter the details of KYC documents and have to upload the scanned copy of KYC documents & the vehicle’s RC.
- After filling the application form and uploading the required documents, click on the ‘Submit button.
- Then you will have to pay the amount of applying Fastag from Allahabad Bank depending upon the type of vehicle.
- Now your Fastag will be applied through Allahabad Bank and it is received at your address in few working days.
How to activate Allahabad Bank Fastag
If you purchase a Fastag from any online shopping site or any e-wallets service like Google Pay, Amazon Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, etc, then you can activate it through the MyFastag app. You can activate the Fastag by entering your Vehicle Registration Number, Chassis Number, Phone number, etc in the MyFasta app.
But if you purchase a Fastag from Allahabad Bank, then you have to first link it with the bank. After linking the Fastag with Allahabad Bank you have to submit necessary documents like KYC documents and vehicle Registration Certificates to the bank online. After submitting these documents, your Fastag purchased from Allahabad Bank will be activated and then you can paste it on your vehicle’s windscreen.
Allahabad Bank Fastag Charges
You will have to pay issuance fees for purchasing a new Fastag from Allahabad Bank. Apart from the issuance fees, Allahabad Bank also requires Fastag customers, to deposit some security fees. This Security fee for purchasing Fastag from Allahabad Bank varies from vehicle to vehicle and it’s refundable. It means that this security amount is returned to the vehicle owner when he returns or closes the Fastag account with Allahabad Bank. Also, you need to recharge your Allahabad Bank Fastag and this recharge amount can be Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh. The fees of purchasing Fastag from Allahabad Bank is divided as below:
- Allahabad Bank Fastag Issuance Fees: Rs. 100 (Including GST)
- Security Fees: Rs. 200
- Minimum Recharge amount: Rs. 100
Documents required for Allahabad Bank Fastag
You may require the following documents for applying for a Fastag from Allahabad Bank.
- KYC Documents like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License, etc
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner.
How to Recharge Allahabad Bank Fastag
In order to enable the electronic collection of toll tax through Fastag, you have to maintain sufficient balance into your Allahabad Bank Fastag by recharging it. Fastag purchased from any bank including Allahabad Bank can be recharged with the help of Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, or any other UPI-based mobile App.
Allahabad Bank also provides the facility of recharging your Fastag through its online portal. Here are the steps required to recharge a Fastag through Allahabad Bank’s official website.
- To make Allahabad Bank Fastag recharge, visit this link: https://www.indianbank.in/departments/say-no-to-queues-and-yes-to-fastag
- Here you will see an option “To Topup Existing Fastag Wallet”
- After clicking on this option, you see redirected to a new window, where you see a button “Continue To Login”
- Make login to the official Fastag portal of Allahabad Bank, by clicking on the “Continue to Login” button and entering your login details.
- When you logged in, you will see a recharge option.
- After clicking on the recharge option, you will have to select your Fastag wallet ID and then enter the amount of recharge.
- Then you have to make the payment of recharge by selecting any mode of payment.
- When your payment is done, then your Allahabad Bank Fastag recharge will be done.
- How to Recharge Allahabad Bank Fastag through Google Pay – Step by Step Guide
- Google Pay UPI transaction limit & Supported Banks List in India
- How to Recharge Allahabad Bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
- How to Recharge Allahabad Bank Fastag through Paytm – Step by Step Guide
Benefits of Allahabad Bank Fastag
Several benefits of purchasing Fastag from Allahabad Bank are:
- Fastag purchased from Allahabad Bank saves your time because you don’t have to wait in long lines at the toll plazas.
- By attaching Allahabad Bank Fastag to your vehicle, your fuel consumption will be less.
- Fastag solves the problem of cash payment at the toll plazas.
- A monthly cashback offer of up to 2.5% is available on your transactions made through Allahabad Bank Fastag.
How to check Allahabad Bank Fastag Balance
If there is not ample balance in your Fastag purchased from Allahabad, then you will not be able to make the transactions at toll plazas, therefore it is necessary to check the balance in your tag at regular intervals. Various methods of checking Allahabad Bank Fastag balance are:
Through Allahabad Bank Website
If you want to check the balance of your Allahabad Bank Fastag any time and anywhere then you can do so by visiting the official website of Allahabad Bank. Steps required to check the balance of Fastag through the Allahabad Bank website are:
- Visit the official website of Allahabad Bank Fastag through this link: https://etc11.ventureinfotek.com/alhnetc/
- Here you have to log in to your Allahabad Bank Fastag account by entering your username and password.
- Once you do the login to Allahabad Bank Fastag portal, you will see the remaining balance in your Fastag.
Through Miss Call facility of Allahabad Bank
Allahabad Bank Fastag has issued a toll-free mobile number. Allahabad Bank Fastag users can check the balance in their Fastag wallet by giving a miss call on this number. The users have to give a miss call from their mobile number registered with Allahabad Bank to check the balance in their Fastag account.
If you purchased a Fastag from Allahabad Bank and when you pass through a toll plaza on your vehicle, then an SMS will arrive on your registered mobile phone each time money is deducted from your Fastag account. The detailed information about your transaction including the Fastag balance can be seen in this SMS.
Allahabad Bank Fastag Validity
The validity period of Fastag issued by all banks including Allahabad Bank Fastag is 5 years. After 5 years, you have to apply a new Fastag from Allahabad Bank. The validity period may expire before 5 years in many cases. For example, if your Fastag is damaged, then you have to renew it earlier. If the Fastag is not in use for the last six months, then it is disabled and needs to be renewed again. Fastag issued by Allahabad Bank may also be deactivated if there is not sufficient balance in it for a long time. Fastag also needs to reissued in such situations also.
Allahabad Bank Fastag Colors
The Fastag purchased from Allahabad Bank has different colors for different vehicles. Various colors of Allahabad Bank Fastag depending upon the category of vehicles are:
Personal Vehicles: For personal vehicles like cars, jeep, and van the color of Fastag issued by van Allahabad Bank is violet.
- Light Commercial vehicles: For light commercial vehicles, Allahabad Bank issues Fastag in Red and Yellow colors.
- Mini Bus: The Color of Allahabad Bank Fastag for Mini Bus is Orange Color
- Bus: For Buses, the color of Allahabad Bank Fastag is Green and yellow
- Heavy Machinery and Commercial vehicles: For heavy commercial vehicles like earth-moving vehicles, the Fastag issued by Allahabad Bank is of Black Color.
How to activate Allahabad Bank blacklisted Fastag
If you are not able to maintain a minimum balance in your Fastag purchased from Allahabad Bank, then it is blacklisted. When you recharge your Fastag again, then it will be reactivated and removed from the blacklist. Also, a Fastag issued by Allahabad Bank may be blacklisted, if it is damaged or not in use for the last few months. In such situations, a user may call the toll-free number issued by Allahabad Bank or NHAI which are mentioned below. By calling on these toll-free numbers, the respective customer support representative will guide you in detail regarding how you can remove your Fastag from Allahabad Bank Fastag from the blacklist
Allahabad Bank Fastag Customer Care
A Fastag user of Allahabad Bank can face several problems. Some of these problems related to Allahabad Bank Fastag are, your Fastag sticker pasted on the windscreen of your vehicle may get damaged, there is some technical issue like the scanner at a toll plaza not able to scan the Fastag, money gets deducted from your Fastag account twice due to some technical issue, etc. In any of such situations, you can get help from the customer support team of Allahabad Bank Fastag. Allahabad Bank has provided many ways of contacting their Customer support team.
- Allahabad Bank Fastag Help Toll-Free Number: 18002586680
- Email_id: Send your queries in detail at this email id [email protected]
- Missed Call for Checking Balance: 8886658808
Give a miss call on this number to check the balance of your Allahabad Bank Fastag
- Toll-Free Helpline number issued by IHMCL Helpline: 1033