Fastag is a credit card-type sticker that is pasted by four-wheeler vehicle owners on the windscreen of their vehicle. This card is used to make the toll payment at the toll plazas and it was introduced by NHAI i.e National Highways Authority of India. Fastag needs to be recharged like a SIM card and a user can add money from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh into it.
National Electronic Toll Collection i.e NETC is responsible for collecting the money earned from toll tax across India and it is said that the Government is earning an estimated amount of Rs. 80 Cr per day from the toll collection through Fastag.
Fastag works on RFID i.e Radio Frequency Identification technology which is used in the Fastag sticker installed on a vehicle as well as the sensors installed at the toll plazas. When the RFID technology of sensors comes in contact with the RFID of the Fastag card, then the toll payment is automatically transferred from the Fastag account to that particular toll plaza account.
How to apply a Fastag from South Indian Bank(SIB)
There are many ways of getting a new Fastag for a four-wheeler vehicle. You can choose any method according to your convenience from where you want to purchase Fastag.
The Indian Government has given authority to 31 banks to offer Fastag services. All these banks have created separate Fastag portals from where a new user can apply a Fastag card for his vehicle. The list of 31 banks includes Government as well as Private banks like SBI, AXIS Bank, HDFC Bank, South Indian Bank(SIB), etc.
Indian Government has also given the facility to vehicle owners for applying a Fastag through various Point of Sale locations which are located at almost all toll plazas in the country. An interested person can visit any of these POS locations with documents and purchase a Fastag.
There is also a third way of getting a Fastag for a vehicle and that is through mobile payment applications like Paytm, Google Pay, Amazon, Airtel Payment Money, etc.
Here we will explain the steps of how a new user can get a Fastag online through South Indian Bank(SIB).
- Open the official website of South Indian Bank Fastag from here: https://fastag.southindianbank.com/
- Here you will see a ‘Register’ option.
- After clicking on the ‘Register’ option an application form will open up.
- You have to fill out the application form to complete your Fastag registration with South Indian Bank(SIB).
- There are many fields in this application form that you have to fill up:
- Some of these fields are First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Gender, Date of Birth, etc.
- You have to enter all such personal details, and vehicle details and then have to submit KYC documents.
- Photo proof of the vehicle and the photograph of the vehicle owner must also be uploaded while filling out the application form of South Indian Bank Fastag.
- When all the information is filled up in the application form, then click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Now you will have to make the payment in the final step and then your South Indian Bank Fastag registration process will be completed.
Documents required for South Indian Bank(SIB) Fastag
When you are going to apply for a Fastag online from the website of South Indian Bank then you must have to submit the following documents while filling out the application form:
- You must have to submit the documents related to your four-wheeler vehicle like the Registration Certificate of your vehicle.
- If you have an account on South Indian Bank, then you may also have to submit documents related to bank account.
- A passport-size photograph of the vehicle owner is also required
- Then you also have to submit documents for the ID Proof of vehicle and also for the KYC. These documents can be Voter Card, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving Licenses, etc.
Benefits of South Indian Bank Fastag
There are many benefits of South Indian Bank(SIB) Fastag
- The main advantage of a Fastag purchased from South Indian Bank is the saving of time because there is no rush of vehicles while paying toll tax at the toll plazas.
- Fastag helps in saving fuel and reduces pollution
- Fastag can also be used as a tracking device to track your vehicle in case your vehicle is lost or stolen
- Because with the help of Fastag, toll tax is paid digitally so there is less chance of corruption which is beneficial for both the vehicle owners as well as the Government.
How to recharge South Indian Bank Fastag
Fastag is one of the best things that have been launched in recent times by the Government of India as it has made the process of toll payment totally cashless and quick. No matter which part of the country we travel through, we can easily pay toll tax at any toll plaza without waiting in long queues of vehicles. So to roam hassle-free through your vehicle and to pay toll tax quickly, you must maintain enough balance amount in your Fastag i.e you have to recharge your Fastag to keep enough money in it.
There are many companies that have launched their apps. Some of these companies are Paytm, Google Pay, Phone Pe, etc. By downloading these apps, a Fastag user can recharge his Fastag anytime and anywhere.
But the best way to recharge a Fastag is from the website of the bank through which you have purchased your Fastag eg. South Indian Bank. As you know, South Indian Bank(SIB) has a website that is for now used for different types of online payments like Mobile Recharge, Purchasing Movie tickets, DTH recharge, etc. But now South Indian Bank has a dedicated Fastag portal from where Fastag users can recharge their Fastag.
So in this section, we will explain to our readers how they can recharge their Fastag online from the website of South Indian Bank.
- To recharge Fastag from South Indian Bank(SIB) go to the official website of the bank here https://fastag.southindianbank.com/NETCPortal/login
- After that enter the username and password.
- Then enter the ‘Captcha’ Code and click on Login.
- Now you will reach your Fastag account section of the South Indian Bank(SIB).
- Here you will have to follow the further steps for recharging your Fastag.
- Click on the ‘Top Up Recharge’ or ‘Recharge’ options.
- Enter the top-up amount you want to add to your Fastag purchased from South Indian Bank.
- Then make the payment by using either a Credit card, debit card or net banking, etc
- Then click on Submit.
- Now your South Indian Bank Fastag recharge has been done.
How to check South Indian Bank(SIB) Fastag Balance
In this section, we will learn how you can check the balance in your South Indian Bank Fastag. In today’s time, checking the balance in your Fastag has become very easy. You can check the balance in your Fastag within two minutes. In today’s hectic life it is very difficult for people to find out a lot of time for doing things like checking balances in the Fastag.
Keeping this in mind South Indian Bank has started offering many facilities to their Fastag customers. You can do most of the Fastag-related work sitting at home without going to the bank. For example, you can check the balance of your Fastag in one of the many ways mentioned below:
Checking Fastag balance through the South Indian Bank(SIB) Website
Checking your Fastag balance through the website of South Indian Bank is the easiest method, through this you can check your Fastag balance sitting at home.
- For this, you have login the official Fastag portal of South Indian Bank(SIB) through this link: https://fastag.southindianbank.com/NETCPortal/login
- You can log in to your South Indian Bank Fastag account by entering your Username and Password.
- After login, you will be able to access the dashboard of your South Indian Bank Fastag account.
- Once you log in to the dashboard of your South Indian Bank Fastag, you can do the balance inquiry of your Fastag.
Checking Fastag balance through MyFastag App
If your mobile number is linked with NHAI, then by downloading and installing MyFastag app on your smartphone you can check the balance of your South Indian Bank Fastag anytime and anywhere.
- Download the MyFastag app on your Android or ios Mobile.
- Now login into the app through your Login details.
- After login into your MyFastag app account, you can check the balance in your South Indian Bank Fastag.
Checking Fastag balance through Miss Call
NHAI has also given a mobile number to the Fastag customers. After registering your mobile number with NHAI, if you give a miss on this number, then you can see the balance in your South Indian Bank through an SMS on your mobile.
Charges of South Indian Bank(SIB) Fastag
Because there are many banks and e-wallet service providers through which a customer can apply a Fastag, so these service providers decide the price of Fastag according to their policy. These providers decide how much a one-time deposit and how much a threshold amount is to be charged from a Fastag applicant.
South Indian Bank requires a user to pay tag issuance fees of Rs. 100. An applicant also has to pay a security deposit fee of Rs. 200 to Rs. 500. This fee is different depending upon the category of the vehicle for which one is applying a Fastag from South Indian Bank.
The threshold amount of South Indian Bank(SIB) Fastag starts from Rs. 140 and it be up to Rs. 300.
So the breakup of South Indian Bank Fastag charges are:
- Tag Issuance Fees= Rs. 100
- Security Deposit Fees= Rs. 200 to Rs. 500
- Minimum Recharge Amount= Rs. 100 to Rs. 300
How to activate Blacklisted South Indian Bank Fastag
When you purchase a Fastag from South Indian Bank(SIB) and cross a toll plaza for the first time, but if your Fastag does not work, then there may be two reasons behind it. The first reason is that your Fastag is still not activated and the second reason is your Fastag is blacklisted.
If your Fastag is showing blacklisted at a toll plaza then the top reason for this is that it is under Low Balance Status.
So when your South Indian Fastag is under Low Balance status, then you can remove it from the blacklist by recharging it.
If you have activated Fastag from multiple banks for the same vehicle, then also your Fastag gets blacklisted. In such a case, you should avoid getting Fastag for the same vehicle from multiple banks.
South Indian Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
The Customer Service of South Indian Bank is available 24 hours by telephone and email. There is also an FAQ section available where any doubts are clarified and everything is explained in detail. The Customer service of South Indian Bank(SIB) is considered the best among other Fastag service providers in the market.
A Fastag user can receive assistance from South Indian Bank(SIB) every day by calling the toll-free number 1800 425 1809.
If you have any complaints regarding Toll Plaza then you can the toll-free number of NHAI which is 1033.
Assistance via email is also available at South Indian Bank by writing to [email protected]. For those who need to receive information regarding Fastag before registering at South Indian Bank(SIB), they can also use this email address.
The other method of getting assistance from South Indian Bank regarding Fastag is the FAQS section. It is possible that you will find the answer to most questions through the FAQS section. When you open the official website of South Indian Bank through this link https://fastag.southindianbank.com/, then you can see the FAQ section in the extreme right at the footer.