With the help of Fastag, you don’t have any need to stop at the Toll Plazas on National Highways of the country, you just have to cross from the toll plaza. Fastag has been made compulsory for vehicles in India to make the payment at toll plazas cash-free.
Fastag is an electronic Toll gathering system started by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) initially in 2014. NHAI started to implement this technique slowly across the Toll plazas of the country and finally, it was made necessary for every vehicle to have Fastag mounted on them till 15 February 2021.
Once you Install Fastag on your vehicle, then you will be able to pay toll tax hassle-free without facing problems at the toll plazas. Fastag just need to be recharged from time to time to make payments at the toll plazas.
How Fastag works
You may have noticed the sensors installed at the toll plazas in India if you pass through these Toll plazas in your personal vehicles or public transport. These sensors at the toll plazas track the Fastag when a vehicle with Fastag crosses these plazas. When these sensors track the Fastag on your vehicle then the toll fees will be automatically cut off from your RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) enabled Fastag and the toll payment will be done.
Because the Fastag has been made necessary for every Four or more-wheeler vehicle, so you may have to pay extra fees at the toll plazas if Fastag is not installed on your vehicle.
How to apply Fastag from AU Small Finance Bank
If you want to get a Fastag for your vehicle then you can visit any eCommerce platform like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, and many major banks like SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank. You may also purchase Fastag from small Finance banks like AU Small Finance bank. If you are interested in purchasing a Fastag for your vehicle then we suggest you get it from AU Small Finance as they provide very good services to customers looking to purchase Fastag. Here in this article, we will explain the process of purchasing a Fastag for your vehicle from AU Small Finance Bank.
- For applying for a Fastag from AU Small Finance Bank, you have to first visit the official website of the bank through this link: https://www.aubank.in/
- After opening the above link, you have to select Personal Banking >> Digital Banking >> Payment
- Once you select the Payment option, then you have to select the ‘NETC Fastag’ option
- This will redirect you to the official Fastag portal of AU Small Finance Bank.
- Here you will see an ‘Apply Now’ button in Orange Color.
- When you click on the ‘Apply Now button, you will see a new window where you have to fill ‘Customer Deails’
- If you are an existing customer of AU Small Finance Bank, then tick on the ‘AU Customer check box, otherwise tick on ‘Non-AU Customer’ checkbox.
- By choosing any of the above options, you have to enter your details like Name, Address, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- After this, you will have to upload your KYC documents and a copy of RC.
- Now you will be asked to enter your Vehicle Status i.e Vehicle Number and then click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Once you click on the ‘Submit’ button, you will have to make the Payment for applying Fastag through AU Small Finance Bank.
- You can make the payment by choosing any of the payment methods mentioned there.
- Your Fastag is applied through AU Small Finance Bank after making the payment.
- The Fastag will be delivered in few days at the address you mentioned while filling the application form of AU Small Finance Bank Fastag.
How to Recharge AU Small Finance Bank Fastag
If you purchase a Fastag from AU Small Finance Bank, then you can recharge it from various mobile payment applications like Google Pay, Amazon Pay, PhonePe, Paytm. It is also possible to do Fastag recharge using UPI ID.
One of the simplest methods of doing Fastag Recharge is through the official website of AU Small Finance Bank. Below we are explaining all the steps that are required to recharge Fastag through the AU Small Finance Bank website:
- To recharge Fastag, customers have to visit the official Fastag portal of the AU Small banking through this link: https://fastag.aubank.in/customerportal/aucustomernetc/
- Here you will see the ‘Continue To Login’ button.
- AU Small Bank Fastag users have to login into their Customer Portal by entering Login details
- After login, they have to Go to the ‘Payments Section’ and then click on the ‘Recharge Account’
- Now users have to select the Fastag wallet from the list(if there are multiple Fastags) for which recharge has to be made.
- After selecting the particular Fastag wallet, enter the amount of recharge.
- Make the recharge amount payment by using any of the desired modes.
- Now your AU Small Bank Fastag recharge will be done.
Documents required for AU Small Finance Bank
The following documents are required when you apply for a Fastag from AU Small Finance Bank
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle for which Fastag is needed
- Passport size photograph of the owner of the vehicle for which Fastag is to be applied from AU Small Finance Bank
- KYC documents, which may contain your Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN, Driving License, Passport, etc.
The requirement of documents may be different for different categories of vehicles. ie. you may need few more documents depending upon whether your vehicle is private or commercial.
Benefits of AU Small Finance Bank Fastag
Various benefits of purchasing Fastag from AU Small Finance bank are:
- You don’t have to keep the change money for making toll payments if you buy a Fastag from AU Small Finance bank
- As of, now there are dedicated lanes at every toll plazas in India, so while crossing these plazas you have no need to stop and wait in the long lines of vehicles for making toll payments.
- When you purchase a Fastag from AU Small Finance Bank, then you will receive a cashback bonus of up to 2.5% of all the transactions made from the Fastag in one month. This cashback will be received in your account at the end of that month.
- Customers of AU Small Finance bank can keep track of all their transactions through the message that will be received on their mobile each time money is deducted at the toll plazas from your Fastag account.
AU Small Finance Bank Fastag Charges
To purchase a Fastag from AU Small Finance Bank, you have to pay Fastag purchasing Fees of Rs. 100 which is the same for all categories of vehicles including Personal as well as Commerical vehicles. GST is also included in this fee of Rs. 100.
In addition to this Fastag purchasing Cost of Rs. 100, the users also have to pay security Fees which depends upon the color of the Fastag. For example, the Security Fee is Rs. 200 for Violet Color Fastag (For Car, Jeep, and Van).
For Light Commerical Vehicles and Mini Bus, orange Color Fastag is used and the security fee is Rs. 300. For Heavy Construction vehicles like JCB Machines and Earth Moving vehicles, you may have to pay a security fee of Rs. 500 for Black Color Fastag.
AU Small Finance Bank has also set up a Threshold amount for different categories of vehicles which means that the Fastag users have to maintain a minimum balance in their Fastag. For Personal vehicles like cars, Jeep and Van, the Threshold amount is Rs. 200 and for all other categories of vehicles, the Threshold amount is Rs. 300.
An important point to mention here is that AU Small Finance Bank is currently providing a waiver on Fastag issuance fees of Rs. 100 and this offer is valid till 31 May 2021.
Validity of AU Small Finance Bank Fastag
The Fastag purchased from AU Small Finance Bank has a validity of 5 years, after which you have to install a new Fastag on your vehicle. The users of AU Small Finance Bank Fastag will receive an SMS on their mobile phone when the toll tax amount is deducted from the Fastag wallet, which means the users will always be aware of the balance in their Fastag account. During this five years validity of AU Small Finance Bank Fastag, it only has to be recharged when there is low balance in it.
How to check AU Small Finance Bank Fastag Balance
If you have purchased a Fastag from AU Small Finance Bank and when you pass through a Toll plaza, then you will receive a message after toll tax is deducted from your Fastag account. With the help of this message, you will be easily able to know how much balance is left in your AU Small Finance Bank Fastag. Also, you can check the balance of your Fastag anytime through the official portal of AU Small Finance Bank. For this you have to follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of AU Small Finance Bank by visiting this link: https://www.aubank.in/personal-banking/digital-banking/payments/fastag
- After opening the above link, you have to login into your AU Small Finance Bank Fastag wallet by entering your login details
- Once you login into AU Small Finance Bank Fastag account, then you can easily the Fastag balance
In addition to checking AU Small Finance Bank Fastag balance, the users can also give a miss call on the number provided by the Bank. This number is 9594-744-440. You can call your registered mobile number to check your Fastag balance.
AU Small Finance Bank Fastag Customer Care
If you want to ask any questions related to your Fastag, then you can get help from the customer support of AU Small Finance Bank.
The various ways to contact the Customer support team of AU Small Finance Bank for your problems related to Fastag are:
Toll-Free Number: 1800-258-7300
This toll-Free Number of AU Small Finance Bank Fastag Customer Care is available 24*7 and you can call it anytime to resolve your problems related to Fastag.
Miss call facility for Fastag Balance: 9594-744-440
As mentioned above, the Fastag users can give a miss on this number of AU Small Finance Bank to check the balance of their Fastag account.
NHAI Toll-Free Number: 1033
This toll-free Number issued by NHAI can be dialed at any time for AU Small Finance Bank Fastag related questions and problems.
Email id: email@example.com
AU Small Finance Bank Fastag customers can send an email at this email id if they have any issues related to their Fastag. The benefit of sending an email to the customer support team of AU Small Finance Bank is that you can send a detailed message for your issues regarding your Fastag.