Fastag is a plastic card that is used by vehicle owners for the payment of toll tax at the toll plazas. Fastag is completely a pre-paid card through which money is deducted from your account on every transaction at the toll plaza. Fastag card contains Fastag Trademark logo, a bar card which is unique for every vehicle, Tag color, an antenna, TID ie. Tag ID.
Fastag was started by NHAI (National Highways Authority of India) and it uses Radio Frequency Identification technology. Fastag is attached to the windscreen of your four-wheeler vehicles. When the Fastag comes in contact with the sensors of Toll plazas, then the toll amount is cut off from it. With the help of Fastag, there is no need to pay the toll fees through Cash. Toll payment is deducted through Fastag from the bank account linked with it.
How to apply Fastag from Kotak Mahindra Bank
There are many banks in India like SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, etc which provide the facility of purchasing Fastag. Lots of other platforms are available from which we can apply Fastag. Some of these are Paytm, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, etc.
Today is the era of Fastag internet which has made our life so easy that, we don’t have to go outside our home for performing most of the tasks. Earlier these tasks used to consume a lot of time but not we can do such works from our home through a computer or mobile devices within few minutes. Fastag is another such thing that can be purchased online within some time.
Here we will explain step by step process of how to apply a Fastag from Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Visit the official Fastag website of Kotak Mahindra Bank through the link: https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-banking/cards/prepaid-card/fastag/how-to-apply.html
- Here you will an orange color button ‘Apply Now
- After clicking on this button you will see a ‘Proceed’ option on the next page
- Then you will see options like ‘Do you have Kotak Bank Account
- If you have an account, then Click on ‘Yes’, enter your CRN Number and then
- Generate OTP by entering Captcha Code.
- If you don’t have an account, then click on the ‘No’ option
- Now you have to enter your vehicle number.
- Then you have to fill in various details in the Fastag application form of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- When you complete all details in the application, then make the payment and your Fastag will reach your address.
Documents Required for Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag
To apply for a Fastag from Kotak Mahindra Bank, you will have to submit the following documents
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle for which you are applying Fastag from Kotak Mahindra Bank
- KYC documents depending upon whether the vehicle owner is an individual or corporate
For individual Following, KYC Documents are required
- ID proof and Address proof
- Valid driving license
- PAN card
For corporate Following, KYC Documents are required
- Public Ltd./ Private Ltd./ Partnership Proprietorship
- Certificate of Incorporation/ Partnership Deed/Registration certificate of the firm PAN Card of Proprietor
- PAN Card of the corporate Address Proof of the Proprietor
- Photo ID of signing authority Shop Act or other Firm Proof
- List of Directors with addresses/Name and addresses of Partners.
How to recharge Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag
A lot of banks have their websites dedicated to Fastag through which we can put money in our Fastag prepaid account. SBI, HDFC, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and many more banks allow users to recharge their Fastag purchased from any bank. One way to recharge your Fastag is to directly visit the website of any bank and recharge it from there. Another way to recharge Fastag is from mobile applications like Freecharge, Paytm, Google Pay, etc.
Here we will explain the steps to recharge your Fastag from Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Open the official Fastag portal of Kotak Mahindra Bank through this link https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-banking/cards/prepaid-card/fastag/fastag-disclaimer-portal-login.html
- Here you will see the ‘Recharge/Portal Login’ option.
- A new window will appear where you will have to enter user User ID/Mobile number
- Then click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- After login, you can see a recharge option
- By selecting this recharge option, you will have to enter the recharge amount and then make the payment by using any Debit/credit card or Netbanking.
- After clicking on proceed to pay, your recharge in Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag will be done.
How to recharge Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag through UPI
- Install any UPI APP on your Mobile Phone
- In the beneficiary, address add netc.[VehicleNO]@kotak.
- For example: Suppose your vehicle number is RJ02XXXX then your beneficiary address will be netc.RJ02XXXX@kotak.
- Now fill in the amount you want to recharge your Fastag with
- Now Click on Pay to complete the recharge in your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag
Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag
- The first advantage of Fastag is that the vehicle owners get rid of the habit of keeping cash money with them.
- Because the Fastag is directly linked to your bank account, so toll transaction can be done from this card instantly without vehicle owners waiting at the toll plazas
- Quick payment of toll tax saves a lot of time for the vehicle owners
- It is easy to add money and recharge Fastag from your mobile
- Some offers are also provided by Kotak Mahindra Bank to its Fastag customers at various times
- Since the number of vehicles is increasing in India day by day, so Fastag helps to reduce the traffic problem at the toll plazas.
How to check Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag Balance
If you are also a Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag user, then you must also want to know the balance in it. The number of Fastag users in India is increasing day by day but many people still don’t know how to check the balance it. Here we will tell you many ways to check the balance of your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag.
Checking Kotak Mahindra Bank Balance through the website
The steps required to check the balance of Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag through the official website are:
- Log in to the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag from here: https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-banking/cards/prepaid-card/fastag.html
- Login to your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag portal by entering your Login details.
- After login, go to your ‘My Account section and you will be able to check the balance in your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag.
Checking Fastag balance through the MyFastag app
MyFastag app is another best alternative to check the balance of your Kotak Mahindra Bank. Let’s know how you can check the balance of your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag through MyFastag App.
- First of all, install the MyFastag app on your mobile phone.
- Now just log in with your login details.
- Here you can check the balance of your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag and other information related to it.
To check the Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag balance, your mobile number must be registered with NHAI
Checking Fastag balance through Miss Call
If you want to know the balance of your Kotak Mahindra Bank, then you can give a miss on the above-mentioned number. Just give a miss call on this number and you will receive the balance in your Kotak Mahindra Bank through an SMS on your registered mobile number. This miss call facility has made the process of checking Fastag balance very convenient and easy.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag balance check through SMS
Your mobile number is registered with your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag. So when you pay toll tax at any toll plaza in India, then a message will be sent to your registered mobile and you can check the balance in your Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag through this message.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag Charges
When you purchase a new Fastag for your vehicle, the first thing that comes to your mind is that how much it costs. So here we want to let your know that, if you are planning to purchase a Fastag from Kotak Mahindra Bank, then it usually charges a one-time deposit or joining fees of Rs. 100 for all categories and colors of vehicles. Kotak Mahindra Bank has attached a lot of Fastag customers with them in a very short period of time because of their reasonable charges and good services. In addition to providing Fastag services to its customers at a very low cost, Kotak Mahindra Bank is providing many other services and the Fastag users can get the benefits of these services.
After paying the joining fees of Rs. 100, Fastag users also have to pay a security deposit of Rs. 200 and a minimum threshold amount of 200. When you maintain a minimum balance of Rs. 150 in your Fastag then you can recharge it later with any amount you want.
So the Fees of Kotak Mahindra Fastag is divided as below:
- One Time Deposit fees: Rs. 100
- Security Fees: Rs 200
- Minimum Recharge: Rs. 200
Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
You can access the customer support of Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag through the helpline line of the bank from here: https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-banking/cards/prepaid-card/fastag/helpline.html
Here the Fastag users will find two main methods of contacting the customer support team of Kotak Mahindra Bank, which are telephone assistance and email assistance.
As far as telephone assistance is concerned, the latter corresponds to the number 1800 3006 9090 and is active every day.
1860 266 6888 also has another telephone number but calling on this number will be chargeable
As far as the e-mail service of Kotak Mahindra Bank is concerned, the latter corresponds to the following address: [email protected] and is also active every time.
If Kotak Mahindra Bank Fastag users wants assistance through another method, then they also have the option to get help through FAQs section. Fastag users can always take advantage of the FAQ section of the Kotak Mahindra Bank which can accessed from here: https://www.kotak.com/en/personal-banking/cards/prepaid-card/fastag/fastag-faqs.html