If you like traveling and go to different places by your four-wheeler vehicle, then you should know what is FASTag otherwise you may have to pay double toll charges.
The National Highways Authority of India has introduced an Electronic Toll Collection System to solve the problems faced by vehicle owners at the toll collection centers in India.
Fastag is an electronic device in which radio frequency identification (RFID) technology is used. Fastag is an easy and cashless method of paying toll fees at toll plazas.
As soon as you reach any toll plaza in the national Highways of India with your vehicle then the Fastag on the vehicle comes in contact with the sensor on the toll plaza and the tax is automatically deducted from your Fastag pre-paid account.
How to buy Fastag from ICICI bank
You can get a Fastag for your vehicle either Online or Offline. You can get the Fastag offline through many authorized banks like HDFC Bank, SBI Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, and more.
You can also apply Fastag online which is a very easy process. You can apply Fastag online through the official website of various banks like HDFC Bank, SBI Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, and many e-wallet services like GooglePay, Paytm, etc. In this article, we will explain the step-by-step process for applying Fastag through ICICI bank.
ICICI bank offers a very easy method for customers who are interested in applying a new Fastag. The process of applying a Fastag through ICICI bank is very quick and it will take only a few minutes to apply it. Here are the steps required to apply a Fastag from ICICI bank:
- First of all, visit the official website of ICICI bank i.e www.icicibank.com
- Once you open the ICICI bank website, you will see an option ‘Apply Now’ on the home page
- After clicking on this button, you are moved to a new window where you will have to enter your personal information like First Name, Last Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID
- In addition to entering the above personal details, the new applicant must also upload his/her ID proof.
- The user will then have to click on the ‘Continue’ button after uploading his/her ID proof.
- Upon uploading the ID proof and clicking on the ‘Continue’ the applicant has to make the payment for the Fastag.
- After making the payment and clicking on Confirm, the process of applying Fastag through ICICI bank is done.
- Your ICICI bank Fastag will be delivered to your doorstep within few days.
Other methods of buying ICICI Fastag
Apart from applying a Fastag through the official website of ICICI bank, there are many other options through which a vehicle owner can get a Fastag for their vehicle from the ICICI bank. These methods are:
Getting ICICI Bank Fastag through SMS
To get ICICI bank Fastag through SMS, a user only have to type this message: ITOLL Space PIN Code Space Name.
eg: ITOLL 135009 Hemant Kumar
The applicant has to send the above message to this number: 5676766
After sending the above message to this number, the applicant will receive a phone call from the representative of the ICICI bank Fastag.
Getting ICICI Bank Fastag through Call
It is very easy to get a Fastag from ICICI bank by making a phone call. For this, the ICICI bank has provided a Toll-Free Number: 1800 210 0104. This toll-free number of ICICI bank Fastag is reachable 24/7.
After making a call on the above toll-free number, the vehicle owners will be directed about everything about applying a new Fastag.
Getting Fastag through ICICI bank POS
Another method of applying a Fastag from ICICI bank is to visit the Point of Sales Location(POS) at any toll plaza. The official representatives of ICICI bank can be found at any toll plazas in India. To apply a Fastag through ICICI bank POS, users must have to take all the required documents like RC, Photograph, and KYC documents along with the vehicle.
By submitting all these documents at ICICI bank POS, users will be able to apply a Fastag and get it immediately.
How to recharge Fastag using ICICI bank
One of the top benefits of getting a Fastag from ICICI bank is that it is very easy to add money into it. Recharging a Fastag through ICICI bank is a very quick and simple process. So follow the below-mentioned steps to recharge Fastag through ICICI bank
To recharge Fastag via ICICI bank first of all open the official portal of ICICI bank Fastag i.e www.icicibank.com/fastag
After opening the above link you see a ‘Recharge’ option.
When you click on the ‘Recharge’ Option you will further see various options of recharging your Fastag. These options are:
- Recharging your Fastag using ICICI bank IMPS
- Recharging your Fastag using ICICI Internet banking
- Recharging your Fastag using UPI
Recharging your Fastag using ICICI bank IMPS
- To recharge your Fastag using ICICI bank IMPS, first, you need to log in to ICICI iMobile App by entering your credentials.
- Once you log in to ICICI bank iMobile app, then in the Dashboard you have to click on the ‘Recharge’ option.
- Now you have to choose the type of recharge.
- After choosing the type of recharge, you have to enter the recharge amount
- Now click on the ‘Confirm’ option.
- After this, you have to select the ‘Pay to Pay Instantly’ option from your ICICI bank account.
- Now your Fastag will be recharged instantly.
Recharging your Fastag using ICICI Internet banking
- Login to your ICICI bank Fastag account by entering your Login details
- After login choose the ‘Recharge amount’
- Now you have to select ‘Pay to CUG’ wallet
- Once you select ‘Pay to CUG’ wallet option, you have to enter the desired recharge amount.
- After this, you have to choose ‘Internet Banking’ as your mode of payment
- Now make the recharge payment after choosing the ‘Make Payment’ Option
- Your Fastag recharge will be done using ICICI Bank Internet banking
Recharging your ICICI Bank Fastag using UPI
- To recharge your Fastag through ICICI bank using UPI again you have a login to your Fastag account by entering your Login details
- After login, you have to click on the ‘Recharge account’ option
- Now Choose the ‘UPI’
- Click on proceed after adding the Recharge amount
- In the Virtual Payment Address field, you have to enter the payer VPA
- Now you have to select the ‘Make Payment’ option
- Once you click on ‘Make Payment’ a voucher will be created and you have to log in to any of the UPI apps like BHIM UPI, Google Pay, Paytm, etc.
- Once you log in to UPI app, the payer VPA is mapped.
- And the recharge will be done when your payment is successful.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge using UPI
The simplest method of recharging your Fastag purchased from ICICI Bank bank is to recharge it using any UPI app like BHIM UPI. ICICI Bank Fastag users can recharge their Fastag by following very simple steps. Below are the steps required to recharge ICICI Bank Fastag using UPI.
- First of all download and install any UPI-enabled app in your smartphone.
- After installing the UPI app open this app and Click on the ‘Pay’ Button there.
- When you click on Pay button, then you have to enter your UPI ID.
- For Fastag purchases from ICICI Bank, we have to type @okicici for recharging Fastag
- The VPA i.e Virtual Private Address of ICICI Bank bank Fastag will be in this form: netc.vehicle [email protected].
- So for example, if your vehicle no. is RJ053187 then UPI id for Fastag recharge will be: [email protected].
- After entering this UPI ID, you will have to enter the necessary recharge amount.
- Upon completing the above steps, your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge will be done using UPI.
ICICI Bank Fastag recharge using Google Pay
With the help of Google Pay you can easily recharge Fastag purchased from any bank including ICICI Bank bank. This feature of recharging Fastag has been introduced into Google Pay app recently. Fastag recharge through Google Pay is done using UPI. So if you are using Google Pay already but not see the option of Fastag recharge, then you can see it by updating the Google Pay App.
Below are the steps that you can follow to recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag using Google Pay.
- First of all open the Google Pay app on your mobile Phone.
- Now you will see the option ‘New Payment’
- After clicking on the ‘New Payment’ Option, in the next screen you will see ‘Bill Payments’ tab.
- Click on this tab.
- After clicking on the ‘Bill Payments’ App, a list of various options can be seen under the heading ‘Pay your bills and DTH’
- When you scroll down this list, then you will find the option ‘Fastag Recharge’
- After clicking on the Fastag Recharge option, a list of various banks will appear in front of you.
- Select your bank from this list e.g ICICI Bank bank in this case.
- Before recharge, your ICICI Bank Fastag, make sure that your Google Pay account is linked with ICICI Bank bank account.
- So once you have linked both Google Pay and ICICI Bank bank and selected the bank from the list of banks, now you will have to make the payment of Fastag recharge
- Now you have to proceed with the payment. Once your payment is done, your ICICI Bank Fastag will be recharged using Google Pay.
ICICI Bank Fastag recharge using Paytm
Paytm App is so far one of the most popular and widely used payment apps that is used for recharging ICICI Bank bank Fastag. Recharging ICICI Bank Fastag using Paytm takes only few minutes and involved only 4-5 steps which are explained below:
- The first thing you need to recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag using Paytm is to download and install this app on your Smartphone.
- Once you install the Paytm app, open it.
- On the home screen of Paytm app, you will see the ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’ option
- When you click this option, you will see various options in the next screen.
From these options, you have to select ‘Fastag Recharge’ option
- After clicking on the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option, a list of various banks opens up
From this list select ICICI Bank Bank.
- Now you have to enter the Fastag recharge amount and then proceed.
- So your ICICI Bank bank Fastag will be recharged using Paytm.
ICICI Bank Fastag recharge using PhonePe
PhonePe is one of the easy-to-use and popular mobile app that can be used for doing various things like Mobile recharge, bill payments, DTH recharge, transferring money from one bank account to another, and various other online transactions. In addition to performing the above task, PhonePe can also be used for recharging your Fastag purchased from any bank including ICICI Bank bank. Follow the below-mentioned steps to recharge your ICICI Bank bank Fastag using PhonePe
- First of all install and open PhonePe app in your Mobile Phone.
- After opening the phonePe app, you will see various recharge options there.
- From these options select the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option
- Select and Open this ‘Fastag Recharge’ option
- Now you have to click on ‘Add New Vehicle Option
- Once you click on the ‘Add New Vehicle’ option, a list of all Fastag banks will appear.
- As we have purchased our Fastag from ICICI Bank Bank, so we will select ‘ICICI Bank Bank’ from this list.
- Now you will see a blank box where you have to insert your vehicle number
- After entering the vehicle number you have to click on confirm option
- Enter the desired amount that you want your Fastag to be recharged with
- Click on the Pay option in the last step.
- Once you click on the Pay option, your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge will be done using PhonePe
- How to Recharge ICICI bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
- How to Activate Blacklisted ICICI bank Fastag
- How to Recharge ICICI bank Fastag through Google Pay
- Fastag Banks List with Customer Care Number
- Google Pay UPI transaction limit & Supported Banks List in India
Benefits of ICICI bank Fastag
There are many benefits of getting Fastag from ICICI bank. Some of the major benefits of ICICI bank Fastag are:
- The first and major benefit of ICICI bank Fastag is that you will not have to stop at the toll plaza.
- No need to stop at the toll plazas will save both your time and fuel.
- Saving fuel means that you will be able to save money.
- If your vehicle is stolen, then it will be easy to track it, because whenever that person crosses any toll plaza, then the alert for the transaction at that plaza will be received at your registered mobile number through an SMS.
- This way you will get information that which area your vehicle has crossed recently.
Documents required for applying Fastag from ICICI bank
- Registration Certificate of your vehicle
- Passport-size photo of the owner of the vehicle.
- Any kind of KYC Documents for example Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, and Aadhaar Card.
How to activate ICICI bank Fastag
If you purchase a Fastag for your vehicle from e-wallet platforms like GooglePay, PhonePe, Paytm, etc then you will only get a Fastag sticker that is not activated by default. To activate the Fastag purchased from the above platforms you have to register Fastag with your vehicle and then you have to link it with the payment method.
But if you purchase Fastag from a POS or any of the authorized banks like ICICI bank, then your Fastag is already activated, you just to stick it to your vehicle by removing its self-adhesive tape. So it means that if you get a Fastag from ICICI bank, then it is pre-activated.
Charges of ICICI bank Fastag
Purchasing a Fastag for your four-wheeler vehicles like a car or any other vehicle like Jeep, Van or any type of commercial vehicle is very cost-effective. The price of purchasing a Fastag from ICICI bank depends upon the type of vehicle because the color of Fastag is different for different kinds of vehicles.
So depending upon the type of vehicle, the cost of ICICI Fastag starts from Rs. 500. In this amount of Rs. 500, various prices are included. Here Rs. 100 (Including GST) is the amount of purchasing Fastag. Rs. 100 is the minimum recharge amount and Rs. 200 is the security fee which is refundable.
So the total amount of purchasing Fastag from ICICI bank is Rs. 100 (Fastag charges) + Rs 100 (Minimum Recharge)+ Rs 200 (Security Fees) = Rs. 400.
How to use ICICI bank Fastag
Follow the below steps to paste and use ICICI Fastag for your vehicle:
- Remove the adhesive tape of the Fastag sticker that you receive from the ICICI bank.
- After removing the tape, paste the Fastag on the windscreen of your car or any other vehicle from the inside.
- Do remember not to remove the Fastag sticker once you have pasted it on the windscreen of your vehicle
- Because if you try to remove the Fastag after pasting it on your vehicle, then it may damage the tag.
- Don’t use any other tape or glue to fix the Fastag on your vehicle.
- Make sure to maintain ample balance in your Fastag.
- Once you paste Fastag sticker on your vehicle and when you cross any toll plaza then the toll amount will automatically start deducting from it.
- A message of each transaction will be sent to your mobile number
You have to recharge your Fastag immediately before the balance in it gets low.
ICICI bank Fastag Offers
When you get a Fastag from ICICI bank, then you will get various offers. Some of these offers are:
Special offer with ICICI Bank FASTag
ICICI bank is offering a special offer to its Fastag customer. Through this offer, the Fastag customers will get an Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 100 when they purchase a new Fastag from ICICI bank.
To participate in this offer, the users will have to give a miss call from their registered mobile number at this number: 8141000850
ICICI Bank FASTag Referral Program
When you refer any of your friends or relatives to ICICI bank for purchasing a new Fastag, then you and your friend will get an Amazon voucher worth Rs. 100. So refer your friend now to avail this gift voucher.
ICICI Bank FASTag Customer Care Number
What are the different WhatsApp Banking services for ICICI Bank FASTag?
Add the Mobile number +91 8640086400 to your contacts list and type ‘Hi’ on +91 8640086400 from your registered mobile number to start the conversation by getting a secure and interactive menu on your mobile screen through WhatsApp messaging platform.
WhatsApp Banking provides the following services under ICICI Bank FASTag:
- Check Tag Balance.
- See Tag transaction details.
- Request for a New Tag.
- Update the Vehicle Licence plate number
Please follow the steps mentioned below to use any of the above-mentioned services.
- Save the number 8640086400 in your contact list
- Say Hi from your registered mobile number
- You will see a total of 10 menu options. Type FASTag or the option number to proceed
- You will see a total of 4 menu options
- Please select an option number to proceed.