Since Fastag has been made compulsory by the Indian Government for all vehicles traveling through toll plazas which come under the National Highways Authority of India, it became a well-known method for the vehicle owners for the electronic payment of toll tax. Although Fastag is now widely used in India on all types of vehicles be it private or corporate, still many people have many doubts about it including what is it, where to get it from, how it works, etc. So let’s see in this post in detail about Fastag and how you can purchase it from IDBI Bank.
Fastag is an electronic device that is created to avoid four-wheeler owners to stop at the toll plazas for the manual payment of toll tax. Radio Frequency Identification technology i.e RFID used in both the Fastag device on the vehicle and the scanners at the toll plazas, makes the communication between the Fastag device and the toll plazas automatically pay the toll tax. We can say that Fastag is basically a service rather than a physical device which makes the toll payment process quicker and cashless.
How to apply a Fastag from IDBI Bank
Four-wheeler vehicle owners often have to wait in queues at the toll plazas in the hope of reaching their destination so that they can spend their holidays or complete any other tasks for which they are going. Sometimes this wait is so long if the number of vehicles in the queue is large. But luckily some vehicles pass immediately with the help of Fastag. So the question will definitely come to your mind how you can also apply or get a Fastag for your vehicle.
Here we will let you know that it is quite simple and easy to get a Fastag. You can request a new Fastag for your vehicle from many places like Banks eg. SBI, HDFC, ICICI, IDBI, etc, from points of sales locations eg. Petrol pumps or from mobile payment services like PhonePe, Paytm, GooglePay, etc.
In this section, we will explain how you can apply for a Fastag from IDBI Bank. There are basically two methods of applying a Fastag from IDBI Bank and these are:
Applying Fastag from IDBI Bank Offline
Follow the below steps to apply a Fastag offline from IDBI Bank
- Search for the nearest branch of IDBI Bank and visit all the required documents.
- After visiting the branch of IDBI Bank, ask for the application form for applying Fastag.
- Fill in all the required fields in this application form.
- Now submit the application form at the dedicated Fastag counter at the IDBI Bank branch and your Fastag account will be created.
Another method of applying Fastag offline through IDBI Bank is by visiting any nearest Point of Sale center of the Bank which can be found at any of the toll plazas or some major petrol pumps.
Applying Fastag online from IDBI Bank
Steps to apply a Fastag online from IDBI Bank are:
- Open the official website of IDBI Bank from here: https://www.idbibank.in/
- Once you open the website of IDBI Bank through the above link, then you will see the ‘Apply Now’ option in the menu.
- In the drop-down of the ‘Apply Now’ option click on the ‘Apply Online’ Option
- Here you will see the ‘Fastag’ option
- Clicking on this ‘Fastag’ option will take you to a new window with the link ‘https://etcidbi.ventureinfotek.com/IDBIFastTagApplication/fastTagApplication’
- In this window, you will see an application form that requires you to fill up various fields like First Name, Last Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Bank Acc. No (if you have an account with IDBI Bank) etc.
- Then you will have to provide various details about your vehicle like Vehicle number and upload the scanned copy of your vehicle’s RC while filling the IDBI Bank Fastag application form.
- After that, you have to fill the fees-related fields like Security Deposit, Load Amount, Tag Fee, Total Amount.
- In these fields, you have to enter the fees required by IDBI Bank for applying Fastag and make the payment by choosing any payment method you like.
- Now you have to fill in some other type of information like Contact Details, Driving License, and Upload KYC documents.
- Once all fields are completed in the application form of the IDBI Bank Fastag, you have to tick on the ‘I agree on Terms and Conditions check box.
- In the final step click on the ‘Submit button.
- Now your IDBI Bank Fastag application form will be submitted
How to Recharge IDBI Bank Fastag Online
There are many methods of recharging a Fastag issued by IDBI Bank and these methods are:
Recharging IDBI Bank Fastag through the website
- Open the official website of IDBI Bank through this link: https://www.idbibank.in/fastag.asp
- Here you will see the ‘Customer Login’ option.
- After clicking on this option, you have to log in by entering your login details which you receive when you apply Fastag from IDBI Bank
- Now you will see a recharge option.
- Here you have to enter the recharge amount that you want your IDBI Bank Fastag to be loaded with.
- Finally make the recharge payment by choosing one of the various payment methods like Debit Card, Credit, Net Banking, and more.
Recharging IDBI Bank Fastag through UPI
- For this, first of all, you have to download any of the UPI App on your smartphone.
- You can download any of the UPI App eg. Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe, BHIM UPI, etc.
- Now you have to enter the Virtual Private Address i.e VPA which is in this format NETC.Vehicle number@idbi
- When you have entered VPA, then you have to select the ‘Send Money option
- Now fill up the amount you want your IDBI Bank Fastag to be recharged with.
- After making the payment, your IDBI Bank Fastag will be recharged.
Recharging IDBI Bank Fastag through Netbanking
Steps to recharge Fastag using Net-banking of IDBI Bank are:
- Login to the internet banking of IDBI Bank
- Click on the ‘Fastag’ tab.
- Now you have to click on the ‘Recharge’ option.
- After that fill up your vehicle number and then enter the amount of Fastag recharge.
- Then you will have to enter the password and generate the OTP.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Now your IDBI Bank Fastag account will be recharged.
How to check IDBI Bank Fastag Balance
There are many ways of checking the balance in your IDBI Bank Fastag which we are explaining below
Checking Fastag balance through IDBI Bank Website
- To check the account balance in your IDBI Bank Fastag, you will have to open the official website of the bank from here: https://www.idbibank.in/fastag.asp
- Here you will see the ‘Customer Login’ button in yellow color.
- Upon clicking on this option, you will see the ‘Continue to Login’ option
- This will redirect you to a new window where you will have to log in by entering your ‘user ID’ and ‘Password’
- After login into your Fastag account of IDBI Bank, you will see the ‘My Account’ option.
- Here you will be able to check the details of all your toll tax transactions including the balance in your IDBI Bank Fastag wallet.
Checking IDBI Bank Fastag Balance through the MyFastag app
NHAI has also made an application available for free for both Android and ios users. This app named MyFastag can be easily downloaded from Playstore or App Store. MyFastag allows IDBI Bank Fastag users to keep a track of their all transactions as well as the balance of your Fastag.
- Once you have installed the MyFastag app on your Mobile phone, login into the app with your Login details
- After login, you will be able to see all the useful information related to your IDBI Bank Fastag including the balance in it.
Checking IDBI Bank Fastag Balance using NHAI Miss call Facility
To check the IDBI Bank Fastag balance, a Miss Call has to be given on the Toll-Free number i.e +91-8884333331 which is launched by NHAI especially for the Fastag users to check their tag balance. After a miss call, the information of the balance in the IDBI Bank Fastag will be given on the registered mobile number of the user through an SMS.
IDBI Bank Fastag Balance Through SMS
When there is a low balance in your Fastag or when you cross any toll plaza and make a toll payment, then SMS alerts will be sent by the IDBI Bank to the Fastag users on their mobile number which is registered with the bank.
Charges of IDBI Bank Fastag
All banks have their own costs for the Fastag. So IDBI Bank also charges money for the Fastag as per its own policies. IDBI one-time issuance fees for Fastag are equal to Rs. 100. This fee doesn’t include the rest of the expenses. The rest of the expenses needed to get a Fastag from IDBI banks are the refundable security fees and minimum first-time recharge.
The security deposit for getting a Fastag from IDBI Bank Fastag is Rs. 200 for vehicles like cars, Van, Jeep, etc. The security fees are different for colors of the Fastag and the maximum security deposit required by IDBI Bank for issuing Fastag is Rs. 500 (For Heavy Commercial vehicles)
Till the time of writing this article, the minimum balance amount is Nil for Violet color Fastag. But for other colors, you need to keep a minimum balance of Rs. 200 to Rs. 300 in your IDBI Bank Fastag.
So overall the Fees of getting a Fastag from IDBI is as below:
- Tag Joining Fees= Rs. 100
- Security Deposit Fees required by IDBI Bank= Rs. 200 to Rs. 500
- First time recharge= Zero for Violet Color Fastag, Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 for other colors of Fastag.
Tag Issuance Fee, Security Deposit, Minimum Recharge Amount Details
|Tag Classes||Description||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit||Threshold Amount|
|04||Car/ Jeep/ Van||Violet||200||Nil|
|04||Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicles||Violet||300||300|
|05||Light Commercial Vehicles / Mini Bus||Orange||300||300|
|06||Bus 3 Axle||Yellow||500||300|
|06||Truck 3 Axle||Yellow||500||300|
|07||Bus 2 Axle / Truck 2 axel||Green||500||300|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with Trailer / Truck 4/ 5/ 6 Axle||Pink||500||300|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||Blue||500||300|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||Black||500||300|
- Issuance / Re-issuance Charges (Inclusive of Taxes) : Rs. 100
- Applicable taxes will be levied on all type of top ups and transactions.
- A minimum convenience fee will be levied for all kind of top ups, recharge of the IDBI FASTag.
- Minimum Balance is the minimum recharge amount to be done at the time of RFID tag activation.
- Security amount would be applicable as per vehicle class and will be refunded to the customer at the time of closure of the RFID Tag Account.
How to activate Blacklisted IDBI Bank Fastag
When you purchase a Fastag from IDBI Bank, arrive at some toll plaza then scanner at the toll plaza tries to scan the Fastag but the Fastag is not scanned and the barrier does not go up. Such type of situation may occur when your Fastag purchased from IDBI Bank is blacklisted. A blacklisted IDBI Fastag means that you can not pay toll tax and so will not allow crossing a toll plaza.
The main reason why your IDBI Fastag becomes blacklisted is that you have no money in your Fastag wallet. In such cases, you may also have to pay a penalty. So you can remove your IDBI Bank Fastag from the blacklist by recharging it.
Your IDBI Bank Fastag also gets blacklisted if you violate or offends some rules like using a Fastag purchased from one vehicle and install it on another vehicle.
IDBI Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
IDBI Bank offers Customer service in different ways. IDBI Bank provides support to its Fastag customers that can satisfy any request. The main contact methods available at IDBI Bank are the Toll-Free number which allows for almost immediate contact with the customer support staff.
You also have an email available which you can send to IDBI with any question or request regarding Fastag and have to wait for the detailed answer in your inbox.
You will also have access to the FAQ section which is very often useful to solve any doubts related to Fastag.
When you contact IDBI Customer support, then you will feel that it is very Fastag and efficient.
So the various Customer Support methods available at IDBI Bank for Fastag users are:
- Toll-Free Number: 1800-266-1962
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAQs section: Visit this link https://www.idbibank.in/faqs-fastag.asp, to access the FAQs section of IDBI Bank Fastag.
Other ReLated Pages:
- How to Activate IDBI Bank Fastag Online
- How To Change IDBI Bank Fastag Mobile Number
- How to Download IDBI Bank Fastag Statement Online
- IDBI Bank Fastag KYC Form PDF Download – How to update online
- How to Activate Inactive IDBI Bank Fastag
- How to Recharge IDBI Bank Fastag through Amazon Pay
- How to Recharge IDBI Bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
- Documents Required for IDBI Bank FASTag
- IDBI Bank Fastag Customer Care Toll Free Number
- How to Deactivate IDBI Bank Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Check Online IDBI Bank Fastag Balance
- How to Recharge IDBI Bank Fastag through Paytm & Step by Step Guide
- How to Recharge IDBI FASTag through Google Pay – Step by Step Guide