Suppose you have joined a new job for which you have to travel to other city and pass through highways. Some people who got retired from their job, want to often spend their time by traveling to different places and by having their own four-wheeler vehicle they are free to travel anywhere and anytime. In both these cases or some other cases, people have to cross over highways and they want to avoid waiting in the long queues to pay the toll tax.
Most four-wheeler vehicle owners must know that there is now a way available to pay the toll tax at toll plazas across India without stopping and wasting time. This is the Fastag which is a device launched by NHAI. For Fastag there are now dedicated lanes reserved at all the toll plazas.
Fastag is a debit card type sticker that is mounted on the windshield of the four-wheeler vehicle and is detected by the sensors when passing through the toll plazas which automatically allows toll payment. This communication between Fastag sticker and the sensors at the toll plazas is made possible with the help of a technology called Radio Frequency Identification technology (RFID)
How to apply Fastag from Federal Bank
Fastag can be applied basically in one of three ways and these three ways are:
- Online Through the official website of any bank like SBI, HDFC, Axis Bank, Federal Bank etc
- Offline through the POS centers of banks, Toll plazas, petrol pumps, etc.
- Through mobile payment services like Paytm, GooglePay, PhonePe, etc.
Here in this section, we will explain the process of how you can apply a Fastag from Federal Bank online. New customers have the facility to apply a Fastag online from Federal Bank and once they are done with applying a Fastag and get it, then attach it on their vehicle.
- To apply the Fastag from Federal bank, a new customer has to open the official Fastag portal of the bank from here: https://netcfastag.federalbank.co.in/
- After opening the Federal Bank official Fastag link, you will see a ‘Apply Online option.
- This will take you to the NETC official Fastag application form
- Complete this application form by filling in various details like Name, Email address, Phone Number, Vehicle details and upload KYC documents, etc.
- When the user ended up filling in all the above details, then he will have to make the Fastag payment required by Federal Bank.
- The Fastag by the Federal Bank will be ready once the payment is complete.
Documents required for applying Fastag from Federal Bank
To apply for a Fastag from Federal Bank, you have to present the below documents while filling the application form:
- Registration Certificate of Vehicle
- Photograph of Vehicle owner who is applying Fastag from Federal Bank
- Valid identify documents like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN, etc for the KYC.
How to recharge Federal Bank Fastag
If you want to recharge your Fastag, does matter from which service provider you have purchased it, there are an endless number of methods to recharge a Fastag. You all might remember that earlier to recharge prepaid cards like mobile SIM cards, people have to either go to the retailer shops or purchase a recharge coupon. But this is not the case with recharging your Fastag.
As Fastag is a rechargeable device designed to pay toll tax at the highways, there are many convenient ways available to recharge a Fastag purchased from Federal Bank. Recharging of Fastag can be done through Banks’ websites, mobile payment applications, MyFastag app, etc. The mechanism used in recharging a Fastag is the same as used in other prepaid rechargeable cards like SIM cards. You can recharge a Fastag purchased from Federal Bank with an amount starting from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh. Recharge Fastag through Federal Bank takes just a few minutes. Just follow the online steps mentioned below to recharge Federal Bank Fastag.
- Open the official website of Federal Bank through this link https://netcfastag.federalbank.co.in/
- Here you will notice a ‘Quick Fastag Recharge’ option on the home screen
- By clicking on this option you will be directed to a form where you have to enter the login details of your Federal Bank Fastag account.
- Enter your mobile number registered with Federal Bank in the Login ID field
- Then fill in the captcha and then click on the ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- The OTP will be generated and will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- This OTP will be used as the password for your Federal Bank Fastag account login.
- When you are logged into your Federal Bank Fastag account, you will see a Top Up or Recharge option.
- Enter the recharge amount by clicking on this option.
- Then make the recharge amount to complete the process of recharging your Federal Bank Fastag account.
How to check Federal Bank Fastag Balance
When you have purchased a Fastag from Federal and successfully activate it, then you would like to make sure that you maintain sufficient balance into it in order to avoid a penalty at the toll plazas. It very necessary for Fastag users to know that how much credit or balance is left in it before they cross a toll plaza. By having an idea of how much balance is left in your Federal Bank Fastag you can avoid your Fastag running out of the balance. There are many ways to check the balance in your Federal Bank Fastag, you just need to spend few minutes reading this section where we will explain all the available methods to check the balance of Federal Bank Fastag.
Checking Fastag balance through Federal Bank website
- Again open the official website of Federal Bank Fastag through this link https://netcfastag.federalbank.co.in/
- Here you have to log in by using the same steps as mentioned in the recharge section.
- When you are logged into your Federal Bank Fastag account, you will be able to access your account profile
- When you click on your account profile, you can check the balance in your Federal Bank Fastag.
Checking Federal Bank Fastag balance through Miss Call
There is a mobile number available to check the balance of Federal Bank Fastag. Fastag users only have to give a miss call on this number to check the credit left in it. This Miss call facility is launched by NHAI and the toll-free number is +91-88843 33331 on which the Fastag users have to give a miss call from their registered mobile number, after which they will receive the credit left in their Federal Bank Fastag through SMS.
Charges for Federal Bank Fastag
The charges for applying a Fastag from Federal Bank are different and they vary according to the type or category of vehicle choice and the services required.
The basic cost of purchasing a Fastag is Rs. 100 which is the issuance fees.
Applying Fastag from Federal Bank costs some additional charges like security deposit and minimum deposit amount.
The security deposit for a Federal Bank Fastag is between Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 and the minimum first-time recharge value is Rs. 200 to Rs. 300
Federal Bank offers a validity period of five years for a Fastag from the date of its issuance.
So the overall charges of Federal Bank Fastag are:
- Federal Bank Fastag issuance Fees= Rs. 100
- Security fees needed to deposit with Federal Bank= Rs. 200 to Rs. 500
- Minimum Recharge value= Rs. 200 to Rs. 300
Benefits of Federal Bank Fastag
Many benefits of a Fastag purchased from Federal Bank are:
- Fastag purchased from Federal Bank allows cashless payment at the toll plazas.
Fastag avoids waiting in queues at the toll plazas.
- Through Fastag, toll payment is made in a simple and automatic way.
- Since the toll payment is made automatically from the Federal Bank Fastag, so it
- allows faster movement of vehicles at the toll plazas.
- Federal Bank also offers the facility of SMS alerts for all transactions to its Fastag users.
- The less paperwork reduces the user of paper
How to activate Federal Bank Blacklisted Fastag
Usually when you cross a toll plaza, then the barrier will be automatically open up when the toll fees are deducted from the Fastag. But sometimes it happens that you arrive at a toll plaza but the barrier doesn’t lift up, this may be due to some malfunction at that particular toll plaza or another reason for this is, your Fastag purchased from Federal Bank is blacklisted.
The insufficient balance in your Fastag is the main reason that it becomes blacklisted and does not function while crossing toll plazas. Therefore recharging the Fastag again, purchased from Federal Bank is the only solution to remove it from blacklisted and put it into work again.
Federal Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
Customer support is an important aspect of any Fastag provider company including Federal Bank. Customer support is necessary because through it you will find answers to all questions or doubt whether they are related to the basic information of Fastag or other important information like how to apply, recharge and check the balance of Fastag.
Federal Bank offers absolute reliable and full customer support to users who purchased Fastag service from it. Federal Bank has a specialized and friendly customer support staff who are always there to help Fastag users.
So various methods of contacting the customer support of Federal Bank are:
When you want to have an immediate answer or want to communicate directly with a person for your Fastag related issues, then you can call on this 1800 266 9520 tolls a Free number of Federal Bank. This phone number is active 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
You can choose to send your Fastag related question to Federal Bank by using this email address [email protected]. You can explain your problem in detail in this email form and will get a specific and targeted answer to your problem.
Another method of contacting the customer support team of Federal Bank for Fastag related issues is the FAQs section. On this FAQ page, you will find answers and solutions to the most frequent questions that are usually asked by other Fastag users. The FAQ section of Federal Bank is located in the footer of the official Fastag website of the Bank.