If you go on highways through your vehicle, then you have to pay toll tax. It takes a long time to pay this toll tax, sometimes there is a long line and a lot of our time is wasted due to paying toll tax. But in today’s modern life, the task of paying toll tax at the toll plazas manually can be done easily by using Fastag.
The Fastag is exactly the same as the SIM card in mobile phones. You have to recharge your Fastag also like you recharge your SIM card.
The Fastag is pasted on the windshield of the vehicles. A scanner is installed at the toll plazas and when your vehicle crosses the toll plaza, the scanner will automatically scan the Fastag card on your vehicle and the toll charges will be cut from your Fastag card, and the barrier at the toll plaza opens up.
But many times it happens that the gate does not open even after the card is scanned. This situation will occur only if there is no balance in your Fastag card. In such cases you have no need to get scared, you only have to recharge your Fastag.
Fastag uses RFID technology which means Radio Frequency Identification Technology. RFID technology-enabled device emits Radio Frequencies. RFID is basically of two types i.e Passive RFID and Active RFID. In passive RFID no battery is used and it is attached to the vehicle’s windscreen. In active RFID battery is used and it is installed in the scanners at the toll plazas so that it can catch the radio frequencies emitted by the Fastag installed on the vehicles.
How to buy Fastag from HDFC bank
Fastag can be purchased offline or online. To purchase Fastag offline you can visit any of the POS agents or any of the authorized bank’s branches offline. But if you want to avoid waiting in the long queues and save your time, you can apply Fastag online through many platforms eg. e-wallets like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, or visiting the official website of the banks like HDFC, SBI, ICICI etc.
So here in this article, we explain how you can get a Fastag online through HDFC bank. To buy a Fastag for your vehicle through HDFC bank you need to follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to visit the official Fastag portal of HDFC bank through this link:
- After opening the above link, you have to choose one of the two options i.e Whether you already have an account with HDFC bank or not.
- If you already have an account with HDFC bank, you will have to select ‘Yes’ and log in by entering your Customer ID and verify an OTP that you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- If you don’t have an account with the HDFC bank, then you will have to choose ‘No’ and you will be redirected to the next question
- Now you will have to choose, do you want Fastag for a private vehicle or for a commercial vehicle.
- You have to provide these details if you are applying a Fastag for a private vehicle:
Name, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, Email id, State, City, Pincode, Gener, Driving License, PAN number etc
- If you are applying Fastag for a commercial vehicle, you have to provide these details like Contact Person name, Corporate Name, Mobile Number, Email id, Address, State, City, Number of vehicles, Pincode, Driving License.
- Once you provide the above details depending upon the type of vehicle, you have to fill in the Vehicle RC number ie Registration Certificate Number.
- After filling in the RC number of your vehicle, you have to upload the scanned copy of RC and then select the vehicle type.
- Once you filled in all the above details, you should go through your application form again to avoid any mistakes in the details provided.
- After verifying the application form you have to click on the Generate Verification Code.
- You will receive the verification code at your mobile number registered with the HDFC bank.
- Now in the final step of applying Fastag through HDFC bank, you will be redirected to the payment option of purchasing the Fastag once you submit the verification code.
- When you complete the payment, you are done with the process of applying Fastag through HDFC bank and the Fastag will be delivered at your mentioned address in 2-3 working days.
How to recharge Fastag from HDFC bank
After getting a Fastag for your vehicle it is a must to keep it active and recharge it on time when the balance in it becomes low. HDFC bank offers five different ways to its Fastag customers to recharge the Fastag. Here we will learn all the ways of recharging your Fastag through HDFC and their step-by-step process.
Recharging Fastag through HDFC bank Netbanking
To recharge your Fastag through Netbanking of HDFC bank you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to open your HDFC bank Netbanking account by login into it
- Now choose the “BillPay & Recharge” option which you can found under the ‘Continue’ option.
- Choose the ‘Pay’option under the ‘Fastag’ option
- After choosing the HDFC bank Fastag option, you have to fill in Vehicle
- Registration Number or your Fastag wallet id.
- Now click on the ‘Pay’ Option. After clicking on ‘Pay’ option you have to enter the amount you want the Fastag to be recharged with.
- Make the payment by choosing any Payment method.
- Now your Fastag recharge is done through HDFC bank Netbanking
Recharge Fastag through HDFC bank Website
The second method to recharge your Fastag through HDFC bank is by visiting its official website. So you can recharge your Fastag through HDFC bank website by following these steps:
- Visit this link to recharge Fastag via HDFC bank official website: https://fastag.hdfcbank.com/RetailRoadUserLogin/Index?icid=learningcentre
- When you will visit the above link, you will see the Login option. Log in here by entering User ID and Password. Fill in the Captcha Code and then click on the Login button
- Here you will see the recharge option. Click on this option.
- After clicking on the ID number, you will have to choose the record i.e the desired row
- Now choose the ‘YES’ option by entering the desired recharge amount.
- Once you enter the desired recharge amount and make the payment, your Fastag is recharged through HDFC bank website
Recharging Fastag through HDFC bank Mobile Banking
To recharge your Fastag through HDFC bank Mobile Banking, you can follow the below procedure:
- The first thing that you need to do in order to recharge your Fastag via HDFC bank Mobile banking is to log in to HDFC bank Mobile banking.
- Click on the Utility/Bill Pay option that you will notice after doing Login at HDFC Mobilebanking.
- After choosing the ‘Pay’ option you have to choose the ‘Add Biller’ option and then enter the details of your vehicle.
- Here you have to click on the Fastag Option.
- You will see a dropdown list from which you have to choose HDFC bank Fastag
- When you selected the HDFC bank Fastag from the dropdown list, you have to fill in the registration number of your vehicle, Fastag wallet id.
- Now click on the ‘Continue’ option after updating the Biller name.
- Do verify all of your details before proceeding.
- Click on the confirm option after ticking the T&C checkbox.
- Once you do the confirmation, the details of Biller will automatically be added to your biller’s list
- Now to recharge your Fastag Wallet, you have to choose the Biller name and enter the desired recharge amount.
- So your Fastag recharge is done through HDFC bank MobileBanking.
Recharging your Fastag through HDFC bank PayZapp is undoubtedly one of the easiest and quickest ways of adding money to your Fastag wallet. Follow the below-mentioned steps to recharge your Fastag using HDFC Bank PayZapp
- Download and install HDFC bank PayZapp on your smartphone if you have not done it already.
- After installing the PayZapp you have to login into the App.
- Now you have to choose the Recharge/BillPay option and then choose the ‘Fastag’ option which you can check under the ‘Utility/BillPay option.
- Once you click on the Fastag option, you have to now click on the HDFC Bank Fastag option.
- After that, you have to select the ‘Confirm’ option once you enter the registration number of your vehicle.
- Once you choose the ‘Confirm’ option, you will see the remaining balance in your Fastag wallet.
- If your balance is below the minimum balance then you have to recharge it by entering the desired amount and by making the payment using the desired payment method.
- After making the Payment your Fastag wallet recharge is complete using HDFC Mobile banking.
In addition to recharging your Fastag through HDFC bank website, you can also recharge your Fastag by using other banks like SBI Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, and UPI Apps for example PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm etc. The steps required to recharge your HDFC bank Fastag through any of the UPI app are almost the same.
- Download and open any of the UPI app in your smartphone
- Now choose Pay by UPI ID option and then enter Virtual Payment Address (VPA)
- To recharge your HDFC bank Fastag, you have to enter the Virtual Payment Address which is in this form: netc.RJ02AK2715@hdfcbank.
- After that you to enter other required information.
- Once you enter the desired details, you have to make the payment for your Fastag recharge.
- Your HDFC bank Fastag recharge through UPI App is done when you pay the recharge amount.
- How to Recharge HDFC bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
- How to Activate Blacklisted HDFC bank Fastag
- How to Recharge HDFC bank Fastag through Google Pay
- Fastag Banks List with customer Care Number
- Google Pay UPI transaction limit & Supported Banks List in India
HDFC bank offers four different ways for its Fastag users to check the balance of their Fastag wallet. These four ways of checking HDFC bank Fastag balance are:
Through HDFC bank Fastag portal
When you receive your Fastag from HDFC bank, you will also receive the credentials to login into your Fastag wallet account. So it is very easy for you to check your Fastag balance through HDFC bank’s official Fastag portal by login in with your login details. Once you log in you will able to see your Fastag wallet in front of you.
Through Text Message
When you cross any toll plaza and make the toll payment through HDFC bank Fastag, then an SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number. Your Fastag balance is mentioned in this SMS. This SMS will be sent each time you make a transaction at the toll plaza
Similar to the text message, you will also receive an email for every transaction made at any toll plaza with Fastag. You will receive this email on your registered email id every time money is deducted from your Fastag account. Your remaining Fastag balance is mentioned in this email
Through HDFC bank customer support
In addition to checking the HDFC bank Fastag balance through the above three methods, you can also check the balance of your Fastag wallet by calling on the toll-free number of the HDFC bank customer care center. This toll-free number of HDFC bank customer support is: 1800-120-1243
You need the following documents before applying a Fastag through HDFC bank:
- Registration Certificate of your vehicle
- Driving license of the owner of the vehicle
Passport size photo of the owner of the vehicle
- Also you need to have the KYC documents like Aadhar card, PAN Card, Voter card etc for the verification of your address proof.
HDFC bank Fastag Charges
The cost of purchasing Fastag from HDFC bank depends upon the type of vehicles and it is different for different types of vehicles.
So it means that the cost of Fastag depends upon whether you want Fastag for your car, jeep or heavy commercial vehicles like Bus, Truck, JCB machines etc. The cost of purchasing Fastag from HDFC banks starts from Rs. 100 and it may be up to Rs. 500.
In addition to the fees of purchasing the Fastag, you may also have to deposit some amount as the security fees and it is Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 and it may depend upon the security terms and conditions of the place from where you purchase Fastag.
After you receive the Fastag for your vehicle from HDFC bank, you have to activate it.
- First, you have to install the MyFastag app on your mobile phone to activate the Fastag.
- Now you have to log in to the app with the Fastag serial number.
- After that, you have to enter all the other details that will be asked by the app.
- Once you enter all the required details in the app, your HDFC Fastag will be activated.
Validity of HDFC bank Fastag
Once you get a new Fastag for your vehicle from HDFC bank, you need not worry about it for the next few years, because the validity of HDFC bank Fastag is 5 years from the date of issuing.
On the other hand, there is no validity period of the recharge amount in your Fastag, it means that if you have recharged your Fastag and have not traveled across any toll plaza for a long time, the recharge amount in the Fastag remains as it is.
But make sure that, you maintain sufficient balance in your HDFC bank Fastag when you cross any toll plaza otherwise you may have to pay double toll tax as a penalty.
Benefits of HDFC bank Fastag
There are many benefits associated with HDFC bank Fastag. The main benefits of having a Fastag for your vehicle are:
- Because of the manual transactions at the toll plazas, there used to belong queues due to which a lot of time was wasted, but the use of Fastag saves this time.
- Due to waiting in long lines, the vehicles engines were also kept on running, but with the use of Fastag, there is no need to wait for long and keep the engine running, so it reduces the problem of pollution also.
- Because paying through Fastag takes much less time than paying manually, so it helps in less fuel consumption
- Less consumption of fuel means saving money also.
- The use of Fastag reduces the need for more Man Power and it means there will be less corruption.