Fastag is an automatic toll collection system in India that was initially launched in the year 2014 by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and then it was made compulsory for all four-wheeler vehicles after 15 Feb 2021. Toll payments are now accepted through Fastag at all toll plazas in India.
Physically Fastag is a sticker that is fixed on the windscreen of your vehicle from inside and it is tracked by the sensors at the toll booths by sending a signal that raises the bar, registers the vehicle, and charges the toll directly from the Fastag holder’s prepaid account. The technology that is used in the Fastag sticker and the sensors at the toll plazas to catch the signals is known as Radio Frequency Identification technology or RFID.
How to apply Fastag from Indusind Bank
There are many ways to apply a Fastag from Indusind Bank and these are:
- Apply a Fastag online from Indusind Bank
- Apply a Fastag Offline from Indusind Bank
Apply a Fastag online from Indusind Bank
You can request a new Fastag for your four-wheeler vehicle online through the official Fastag portal of the Indusind Bank. Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag online from Indusind Bank
- First of all, visit the official Fastag portal of Indusind Bank from here: https://fastag.indusind.com/
- Here you have to create a new Fastag prepaid account by clicking on the
- Login/Signup button at the top.
- Here you will have a Green Color ‘SignUp’ button.
- After clicking on this button, an application form for applying Fastgag online through Indusind Bank appears in front of you.
- On top, you will see a message “Do you have an IndusInd bank account?”
- If you have an account with IndusInd Bank, then check the ‘Yes’ option, otherwise ‘No’ option
- KYC documents like Voter Card, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.
- Now you will have to enter your personal details like Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email id, etc
- After entering all the necessary details, you will have to do the KYC of your documents.
- You can upload any of these documents for KYC: Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, etc.
- In the next step, you will have to enter your vehicle’s registration number.
- Once you have uploaded the scanned copy of all the required documents and entered the vehicle’s number, you will have to make the necessary payment.
- When the payment is done, you will click on the ‘Submit button.
- Now your application form for purchasing a new Fastag from Indusind bank is submitted and the processing will start.
- You will receive a new Fastag from Indusind Bank within 5-7 working days.
Apply a Fastag Offline from Indusind Bank
Apart from applying a Fastag online from Indusind Bank, you can also apply it by visiting the nearest branch of the Bank. There are branches of IndusInd Bank in almost all cities of India. So will easily locate a branch of Indusind Bank near to you. Follow the below steps to apply Fastag offline from Indusind Bank.
- After visiting the nearest branch of Indusind Bank you will have to request the application from the concerned person.
- When you fill-up the form, you will be asked to show the original as well as a photocopy of the required documents.
- Original documents are required to verify your personal identity and the details about your vehicle.
- Once the verification of your documents is done, you can submit the application form in the Indusind Bank’s branch by paying the required fees.
- You will be handed over the new Fastag from Indusind bank within some time.
Documents required for Indusind Bank Fastag
To apply for a Fastag from Indusind Bank, the following documents are required
- Photocopy of the documents of the vehicle
- Passport size photo vehicle’s owner
- Any document for verifying the Date of Birth of the vehicle’s owner
Charges of Indusind Bank Fastag
To purchase a Fastag from Indusind Bank, you will have to pay fees according to the type of vehicle. There is a tag joining fee of Rs. 100 which is fixed by Indusind Bank for all vehicles. Then there are security and the Minimum first-time recharge amount which changes according to the type of vehicle. For light and personal vehicles like Cars, Jeeps, etc, the security deposit is Rs. 200, and the maximum amount of Rs. 500 for Heavy Construction Machinery, will be required to be deposited as the security fees.
Minimum First-time recharge of Rs. 150 to Rs. 300 will be needed for small to Heavy Construction machinery.
The charges of purchasing new Fastag from Indusind Bank can be distributed as below:
- Tag Joining/issuance Fees= Rs. 100
- Security deposit= Rs. 200 – Rs. 500
- Minimum First Time recharge= Rs. 150 – Rs. 300
Fastag issued by Indusind Bank is valid for five years from the date it is issued. The Fastag holder has to get the Fastag reissued again after five years.
How to Recharge Indusind Bank Fastag
To pay the toll fees through the Fastag issued by Indusind Bank and to get other benefits and services offered by Fastag, it is necessary to keep sufficient balance in it, and for this, you have to recharge it from time to time.
There are many ways to recharge your Indusind Bank Fastag
Recharge Fastag online through Indusind Bank
To recharge Fastag online through Indusind Bank follow the below steps:
- Open the official Fastag portal of Indusind Bank from here: www.fastag.indusind.com
- Here you will have to Login by entering your login details.
- Once you are logged into the official Fastag portal of Indusind bank, you will have to go the
‘Recharge Fastag’ section.
- Here you will have to select the Fastag account you want to add money.
- Enter the desired amount you want your Indusind Bank Fastag to be reloaded with.
- Now you will have to choose the mode of payment. Here you have to select ‘Pay by online
- After choosing ‘Pay by Online, you will have to click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- A list of various banks appears in the next window.
From this list, you have to choose the Indusind bank.
- After choosing the Indusind bank from the list, make the payment.
- Your Fastag recharge will be done online through Indusind Bank.
In addition to recharging your Fastag online through the website of Indusind bank, you can recharge it by visiting the nearest branch of the bank and paying the recharge amount through cash.
You can also recharge your Indusind bank Fastag through mobile payment apps like Paytm, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, PhonePe, or any other UPI-based mobile app.
How to check Indusind bank Fastag balance
Checking the balance in your Fastag issued by Indusind bank is necessary so that you may know how much amount is left in it in order to make the payments at the toll plazas.
There are many ways of checking the Indusind Bank Fastag balance and there are mentioned below:
- Checking Fastag balance through the Indusind website
- Checking Fastag balance through Miss Call
- Checking Fastag balance through SMS and email
Checking Fastag balance through the Indusind website
The simplest and most common way of checking the balance in your Fastag is through the official website of the Indusind bank, steps for which are mentioned below:
- Visit the official Fastag portal of Indusind bank here: https://fastag.indusind.com/
- Here you will have to log in to your Indusind Fastag account by entering your login details.
- After login in, you will see your profile in the dashboard.
- Here you can see all the full statements of your Fastag prepaid account including the balance in it.
Checking Fastag balance through Miss Call
The remaining balance in your Indusind bank Fastag can also be checked through the miss call service launched by NHAI. Give a miss call from your registered mobile number to this number +91-8884333331.
The message with the balance amount in your Fastag will be sent to your registered mobile number within 2-3 minutes after giving the missed call
Checking Fastag balance through SMS and email
Another easiest way to check the remaining amount in your Indusind bank Fastag prepaid account is to check your registered mobile number or registered email id immediately when you pay the toll fees at the toll plaza through your Fastag.
When you pay the toll fees, a message with the balance in your Induind bank Fastag will be sent on your mobile as well as on your registered email id.
Benefits of Indusind bank Fastag
There are many benefits of purchasing a Fastag from Indusind bank.
- Fastag simplifies the toll payments at the toll plazas because there is no need to carry cash
- Fastag saves time and fuel because there is no need to wait in queues at the toll plazas.
- Indusind bank Fastag can be recharged online from anywhere and anytime.
- SMS alerts are sent to Indusind bank Fastag users when they cross a toll plaza and pay their toll tax.
- Cashback offers are also available to Induind bank Fastag offers.
- Fastag users can check all details about Fastag transactions through the online portal of Indusind bank Fastag.
How to activate blacklisted Indusind bank Fastag
Fastag has appeared as a reliable method of making the toll payments at the toll plazas which has not only benefited the Government in terms of collecting toll taxes but is also proved to be a very useful source when it comes to saving fuel and time while making the toll payments.
But there are some situations in which Fastag users may have to face some problems at the toll plazas. One such problem is becoming the Fastag issued by any bank including Indusbank blacklisted, which may occur due to low or no balance in the Fastag.
To avoid getting into such problems, you must recharge your Fastag issued by Indusind bank by using any one of the above-mentioned recharge methods.
Indusind Bank Fastag Customer care number
The customer support at IndusInd bank is always helpful and punctual. Customer support is ready to answer all the questions rapidly.
Toll-Free Number: 18602677777
You can contact customer service of Indusind bank at the above number every day. Telephone support at Indusind bank is available all the time. To speak to an operator by voice you can call the above toll-free number.
Another way to get assistance from Indusind bank for your problems regarding Fastag is to send an email to the above-mentioned address. Indusind bank offers the best customer support service in a timely manner.
The FAQ is also well managed by Indusind Bank, answering all the most frequently asked questions related to Fastag. The FAQ section of Indusind bank Fastag is very complete and is able to solve most of the frequent problems of the Fastag customers.
The customer service at Indusind bank will fully satisfy the Fastag customers and it is of an excellent level.
Other Related Pages:
- How to Activate IndusInd Bank Fastag Online
- How To Change IndusInd Bank Fastag Mobile Number
- How to download IndusInd Bank Fastag Statement Online
- IndusInd Bank Fastag KYC Form PDF Download – How to update online
- How to Recharge IndusInd Bank Fastag through Amazon Pay
- How to Activate Inactive IndusInd Bank Fastag
- How to Recharge IndusInd Bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
- How to Recharge IndusInd Bank Fastag through Paytm & Step by Step Guide
- Documents Required for IndusInd Bank Fastag
- IndusInd Bank Fastag Customer Care Toll-Free Number
- How to Check Online IndusInd Bank Fastag Balance
- How to Deactivate IndusInd Bank Fastag & Surrender Online
- How to Recharge NETC Indusind Bank Fastag through Google Pay