Fastag has now become an essential service in India for all four-wheeler vehicles to pay the toll tax. The Government of India and NHAI (National Highways Authority of India) have completely ended the cash collection of toll tax at all toll plazas to make it digital by using Fastag. As per the orders of the Indian Government, no four-wheeler vehicle will be able to cross a toll plaza after 15 Feb 2021 if it is not using Fastag.
Fastag is a device in the shape of a sticker that can be installed on four-wheeler vehicles easily by attaching it to the windshield from inside by using the adhesive material that comes with the Fastag sticker. This Fastag sticker automatically allows the payment of the vehicle’s toll tax at the toll plazas automatically by debiting the money from your Fastag account or wallet.
The base of Fastag is the RFID technology i.e Radio Frequency Identification technology which is used to scan the Fastag by the scanners at the toll plazas.
How to Apply Fastag from Karnataka Bank (KBL)
Although purchasing a Fastag is quite simple but still many visitors to our website don’t know how they can get a new Fastag for their vehicle. Many people still knew that the only way they can purchase a Fastag is by visiting the branch of a nearby bank like SBI, HDFC, ICICI, Karnataka Bank. For purchasing Fastag from the branch of any bank, the new customers have to wait in long lines for many hours.
There are few other ways of purchasing a Fastag like you can purchase a Fastag from the Point of Sales(POS) of banks, Petrol, Pumps, and toll plazas.
But today every task can be done from your mobile device like you can pay bills, recharge phones, do online shopping, book tickets, etc by using various mobile apps like Paytm, GooglePay, Freecharge, PhonePe, etc. These mobile apps provide various features to their users and also give the option of purchasing a Fastag also.
Here in this article, we will give knowledge to our readers on how they apply a Fastag from Karnataka Bank. The Fastag can be applied directly online from the website of Karnataka Bank. Karnataka Bank is one of the top banks in India and it gives the vehicle owners the opportunity to get a Fastag online from their website. Steps to apply a Fastag from Karnataka Bank are:
- To apply for a Fastag from Karnataka Bank there is no need to have an account with the bank, you can open a new Fastag account just by visiting the official website of Karnataka Bank from here: https://karnatakabank.com/index.php/
- Here you have to open the Fastag application form by clicking on the ‘Apply Now button.
- Then you have to enter your personal details, Name, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile number, etc
- While applying for a Fastag from Karnataka Bank, KYC is necessary for which you have to upload documents like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN Card, etc.
- It also necessary to enter the information and details of your vehicle and also have to upload a copy of the RC
- When all the documents are uploaded you have to make the Fastag payment.
- Now your Fastag with Karnataka Bank will be ready and you can use it on your vehicle.
Documents required for Karnataka Bank (KBL) Fastag
To apply for a Fastag from Karnataka Bank you need the following essential documents:
- Registration certificate of vehicle
- Passport size photograph of the owner of the vehicle
- Personal details document for verifying the identity like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.
How to recharge Karnataka Bank Fastag
You can very easily recharge a Fastag purchased from Karnataka Bank with the help of payment apps like Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, and more. To recharge Fastag from these apps, you must have added money into these apps account or your e-wallets must be linked with any bank account so that you can recharge your Karnataka Bank Fastag.
Before the start of the year 2020, only 50% of the Indian users were using mobile apps for making online transactions, but after 2021 this number has been increased rapidly and there are about 70-80% of mobile users in the country who prefer to make transactions online.
And as the Fastag service has been in highlights since the start of the year 2021 due to its compulsion for toll payments, the Fastag users are looking for a convenient way to get a Fastag and recharge it online. One such way is to recharge your Fastag online through the website of Karnataka Bank.
Follow the below steps to recharge Fastag using Karnataka Bank Official website:
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of Karnataka Bank
- Then you have to enter your username and password and then login into your Fastag account.
- In the new window that will open up after login, you will see a ‘Recharge’ option
- When you click on this recharge option, you have to enter the recharge amount and make the payment by using any of the payment methods.
- When you are done with the payment a message will be sent on your registered mobile number and your Karnataka Bank Fastag will be recharged.
How to check Karnataka Bank (KBL) Fastag Balance
If you are a Karnataka Bank Fastag holder then you must know that how important it is to recharge and therefore it is necessary to check the balance in your Fastag account. There are many ways to check the balance in your Karnataka Bank Fastag which allows you to freely check your Fastag wallet balance at any time.
Checking Fastag balance through Karnataka Bank Website
Follow the below steps to check the balance of Fastag using the website of Karnataka Bank.
- Open the official website of Karnataka Bank Fastag
- Login by entering your login details
- Now you will see the My Profile or My Account section of your Karnataka Bank Fastag
- Here you can click on the ‘Balance’ option to check the amount left in your Karnataka Bank Fastag.
Checking Fastag balance through the MyFastag app
Like you know all mobile operator companies eg. Airtel, Idea, JIO have their own apps through which you can check the balance of your SIM card just by downloading and login into this app. Similarly, there is a dedicated Mobile app provided by NHAI to check the balance of Fastag users.
Just look at the following steps that are required to recharge Karnataka Bank Fastag using MyFastag app
- For checking Karnataka Bank Fastag balance you need to install the MyFastag app on your Mobile phone.
- Now you have to log in by entering your login details.
- After login, you will be able to check the main balance in your Karnataka Bank Fastag as well as other details about it.
Checking Karnataka Bank (KBL) Fastag balance using Miss Call or SMS
Karnataka Bank Fastag customers can check the balance of their Fastag with the help of an SMS that will be received on their registered mobile number when they will make a miss call on the Toll-Free number i.e +91-8884333331 issued by the NHAI.
When you give a miss call on the above number then the call will be automatically disconnected after 2-3 seconds and within 5 seconds you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number in which the remaining balance in your Karnataka Bank Fastag is mentioned.
Karnataka Bank also provides its customers to know the balance in their Fastag through an SMS that will be automatically sent to their mobile number when they cross any toll plaza and make a toll transaction.
Charges of Karnataka Bank (KBL) Fastag
The cost of the Fastag varies according to the form which you are purchasing it and also on the type of vehicle on which you want to install it. Purchasing a Fastag from Karnataka Bank has a very low cost of about Rs. 100 with some other payments like Security Fees and Minimum First time recharge Amount.
In other words, we can say that getting the service of Fastag from Karnataka Bank is not very expensive and one can get a Fastag for his vehicle from Karnataka Bank by paying the charges as mentioned below:
- Tag Joining or Issuing Fees: Rs. 100
- Security Deposit: Rs. 200 – Rs. 500
- Minimum First Time amount to recharge in your Karnataka Bank Fastag: Rs. 100 to Rs. 300
A Fastag purchased from Karnataka Bank is valid for five years and after that, it needs to upgraded or reissued again.
Benefits of Karnataka Bank (KBL) Fastag
There are a lot of benefits if you purchase a Fastag from Karnataka Bank.
- With the help of a Fastag purchased from any Bank like Karnataka Bank, you can pay toll tax at any toll plaza in India and there is no need to wait for a long time.
- By saving little fuel every time you cross a toll plaza and pay using Fastag, you will be able to save a good amount of fuel in total per month and in turn will be able to save money too.
- Various discounts and offers are provided by Karnataka Bank to its Fastag users.
- Reduction in Air pollution due to low consumption of fuel at the toll plazas is another benefit of Fastag.
- No need to keep cash or change money in your Fastag and it can be recharged anywhere and anytime from your mobile.
How to activate Blacklisted Karnataka Bank (KBL) Fastag
This section is beneficial for those Fastag users whose Fastag has been blacklisted. Once a Fastag purchased from Karnataka Bank is blacklisted then the users have to face many problems and one of these problems is that they will not be able to pay at the toll plazas.
Most Fastag users are unaware that what is the reason for getting a Fastag blacklisted and how to remove it from the blacklist. In most cases of blacklisted Fastag, the reason is the low balance in your Fastag wallet. So if the Karnataka Bank Fastag is blacklisted because of the low balance, then the users must recharge it immediately to remove it from the blacklist and to continue using its services.
Sometimes a particular toll plaza is not able to scan your Karnataka Bank Fastag and it shows the tag in blacklist mode. The solution to such kind of issues can be got by calling the toll free helpline number of NHAI i.e 1033
Karnataka Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
Various methods of contacting the Customer care at Karnataka Bank are:
If a Fastag user needs help with any problem or doubt regarding his Fastag, then Karnataka Bank offers a dedicated toll-free phone number to assist its customers. The Toll-Free Customer care number of Karnataka Bank Fastag is 1800 425 1444
There is also a dedicated FAQs section where you can see the answers to anything that you need to know regarding the Fastag like how to apply, how to recharge Fastag from Karnataka Bank etc. You can visit this FAQ section to check if the answer to your problem is present there. If not then you can follow other means of contacting the Customer support at Karnataka Bank like email. The FAQ section of the Karnataka Bank Fastag is available in the form of a PDF file and it can be accessed from here: https://karnatakabank.com/sites/default/files/2021-03/fastagfaq.pdf
So if FAQs section of Karnataka Bank Fastag doesn’t help you enough, then you can contact the customer support team of the bank directly with the help of the email. The email address to contact the customer support team of Karnataka Bank is: email@example.com