PNB FASTag Login link : Click Here
NHAI i.e National Highway Authority of India has launched the Fastag system which is a rechargeable pre-paid card that uses RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology and is attached to the windscreen of your four-wheeler vehicles for paying toll tax at the toll plazas in the country. Since Fastag is now compulsory in India so all toll plazas in the country are now enabled with sensors that can scan the Fastag installed on your vehicle from a distance of even 25 meters. So when your vehicle with a Fastag on its windscreen comes near these sensors, then the toll tax will be deducted from your account without any need to stop the traveler at the toll plaza.
After getting Fastag for your vehicle from any bank including Punjab National Bank, you have to paste it on the windscreen of your vehicle from the inside. The Fastag sticker should be pasted on the top of the windscreen of your vehicle. Note that, the card should be pasted by cleaning it properly and making sure that it is not damaged while pasting it on the vehicle. Forcefully trying to remove the Fastag card, once it is pasted on your vehicle may damage it, in that case, you have to apply a new Fastag.
How to apply Fastag from Punjab National Bank (PNB)
Any person willing to purchase a Fastag can purchase it from his nearest Point of Sales Location. These POS centers can be found at the branches of various partner banks, Toll plazas, petrol pumps, or online payment services eg. BHIM UPI, Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe, Amazon, etc. On the other hand, Fastag can also be purchased online from the official Fastag portals of banks like Punjab National Bank which avoids you from waiting in long lines to filling the application form for Fastag. Here are the steps required to apply for a Fastag through Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Open the official Fastag portal of Punjab National Bank through this link https://www.pnbindia.in/PNB-NETC.html
- Here you will see the ‘Apply Online’ button by scrolling a little down
- In the next window, you will see the ‘I Agree’ option.
- You will be moved to a new window, where you will see a yellow ‘Click Here’ button.
- Clicking on this button will open up the Punjab National Bank Application form for applying Fastag.
- New Fastag users will be required to fill in various personal details here like, First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, PAN Number, Vehicle Number, Address, etc.
- Applicants must have to upload various documents like Address proof, RC Copy, etc.
- After filling in all the above information, you have to click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Then you will have to pay the fees for applying Fastag from PNB
- Then your Punjab National Bank(PNB) Fastag application process will be complete.
Punjab National Bank (PNB) Fastag Fees and Validity
The fee of purchasing a new Fastag from PNB is Rs. 100 and after purchasing the Fastag it will remain valid for five years. You don’t have to pay this issuance fee every year it means this is a one-time fee. You have to recharge your Punjab National Bank Fastag in between these five years and recharge can be done with a small amount of Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh. Punjab National Bank also requires its new Fastag users to deposit a security fee of Rs 200.
The security fees are charged depending upon the type of vehicle i.e whether it’s a small vehicle or a large commercial vehicle. If the Fastag is damaged or its validity period expires then you have to reapply Fastaga again by paying the fees again.
So the fees of getting Fastag from Punjab National Bank (PNB) is divided as below:
- Fastag applying Fees: Rs. 100
- Security Fees: Rs. 200 to Rs. 500
- Minimum Recharge amount: Rs. 100
Documents required for Punjab National Bank(PNB) Fastag
Since Fastags are linked with banks, so while purchasing Fastag from banks like Punjab National Bank(PNB), users have to upload their KYC and other documents to the banks. Documents necessary for applying a Fastag through PNB are:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents depending upon the category of the vehicle
- PAN Card, Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport, etc
Punjab National Bank (PNB) Fastag Recharge
Fastag Purchased from Punjab National Bank(PNB) can be recharged by visiting the official Fastag portal of the bank. By visiting the official Fastag platform of PNB, users can easily recharge their Fastag by using Credit cards, debit, Netbanking, etc. Steps for Punjab National Bank Fastag recharge are :
- Open the official Fastag link of Punjab National bank by visiting here: https://www.pnbindia.in/PNB-NETC.html
- Enter your login details received with your Punjab National Bank Fastag sticker
- After login, you will have to click on the ‘I Agree’ button
- Clicking on ‘I Agree’ button will take you to a new window where you have to click on the ‘Continue To Login’ option
- Here you will see a recharge option, where you can recharge your Punjab National Bank Fastag by entering the desired amount.
Punjab National Bank Fastag (PNB) Balance Check
Earlier NHAI made it compulsory to maintain a minimum balance in your Fastag wallet. But now NHAI has announced that there is no need to keep a minimum balance in the Fastag account. But still, you want to regularly check how much balance is left in your Punjab National Bank Fastag so that you can recharge it on time for making the toll payments. Fastag can be recharged through the official website of Punjab National Bank and the steps required to do this are:
Fastag Balance Check through the PNB website
- Log in to the official Fastag portal of Punjab National bank by entering your credentials at this link: https://www.pnbindia.in/PNB-NETC.html
- Again you have to click on the ‘I Agree’ button, after which you will be moved on to a new window.
- Here you will see the ‘Continue to Login’ button where you have to log in.
- After login, you can check all details about your Punjab National Bank Fastag including the total balance in it.
Punjab National Bank Fastag balance check through Miss Call
NHAI has issued a toll-free number on which you can give a miss and will get the balance in your Punjab National Bank Fastag through SMS. The miss call number by NHAI for balance check is:
Benefits of Punjab National Bank (PNB) Fastag
Various benefits associated with purchasing Fastag from Punjab National bank are:
- You will be able to save your time and Fuel at the toll plaza.
- Because toll tax is paid digitally so there will be no problem with keeping cash
- By using Fastag at the toll plazas, there is no need for receipt, so it will reduce paperwork
- There will be less pollution
- Toll tax transactions can be tracked easily through SMS
- Cashback is also offered on toll transactions
How to activate Punjab National (PNB) Bank Blacklisted Fastag
Fastag issued from Punjab National bank should have a sufficient amount in it and it has been recharged when there is a low balance in it. Since Fastag is like a prepaid card, so it is a must to have a balance in it. If the balance in Fastag is exhausted then it becomes blacklisted and you as a vehicle owner will not be able to make the payments at the toll plaza. If the Fastag issued by Punjab National Bank goes into blacklist mode, then it will restart working immediately after adding balance into it.
Punjab National Bank (PNB) Fastag Monthly Pass
PNB banks provide the facility of creating monthly passes for their customers. With the help of a monthly pass, the users don’t have to recharge their PNB Fastag again and again, instead, they can pay the monthly fees of Fastag at once and can cross a particular toll plaza anytime throughout the month. For applying a monthly Pass of the Fastag, users can visit the official website of Punjab National Bank and follow the step-by-step process.
How to update Punjab National Bank (PNB) Fastag KYC
While transferring money from any payment or any bank like Punjab National Bank, we need to update the KYC with the bank. The main purpose of doing KYC is that the banks can ensure the identity of their customers. To get information about the customers like their Names, and addresses, PNB requires them to submit various documents. This process is known as KYC. Customers can update their KYC with Punjab National by filling a form through the bank’s website
There are two types of KYC in PNB:
The benefits associated with Mini KYC are less compared to full KYC. With Mini KYC, Customers can add up to a maximum of Rs. 10000 amount in their Punjab National Bank Fastag
To get the full benefits and services of Fastag, users must be required to do the Full KYC which can be done by visiting the nearest agent. With Full KYC, users can add up to Rs. 1 Lakh in their Fastag wallet.
Punjab National Bank (PNB) Fastag Customer care Number
Problem-related to Fastag purchased from PNB be resolved by taking help of the customer care. As the implementation of Fastag is in its early stage, so users are facing many issues regarding this. There are many ways to contact customer support regarding problems related to Fastag. These are:
PNB Fastag customer care: 18004196610
The quickest way to contact Punjab National Bank Fastag customer care is definitely through the phone which is operated by the bank staff 24/7
NHAI Toll-Free Number: 1033
PNB Fastag customers can call the 24/7 toll-free number provided by NHAI to get help related to Fastag.
IHMCL Website: www.ihmcl.com
Users can also visit the above website for their Fastag-related problems
Punjab National Bank Fastag customer care can also be contacted via Email through this Email id [email protected]
We will also mention here the presence of the section dedicated to frequently asked questions (FAQ), with solutions to all the most common problems and doubts about the Fastag: from how to apply Fastag, recharge, check balance, etc.