ICICI Bank has made a partnership with Amazon Pay to issue Fastag. With this tie-up, vehicle owners can apply a new Fastag from ICICI Bank through Amazon Pay, recharge their Fastag, track Fastag, and a lot more. After doing the partnership with PhonePe and Google Pay, ICICI Bank has also added Amazon Pay to this list.
There is a huge number of people in India who use the Amazon Pay App. ICICI Bank officials announced that this partnership is done to provide the facility and convenience of purchasing Fastag to millions of vehicle users across India through Amazon Pay. While making this announcement, the bank’s officials said that they are happy to join hands with Amazon Pay for issuing Fastag to the vehicle owners.
In this article, we will explain how you can order ICICI Bank Fastag through Amazon Pay, recharge it, check balance, etc. But before that, we will describe what is a Fastag and how to use it.
What is a Fastag?
If you visit National Highways and passes through Toll Plazas, then you may have noticed that some vehicle cross over the toll plazas through dedicated lanes without waiting a lot. This is done with the help of a new device known as Fastag. Fastag is a small device that is attached from the inside of the vehicle’s windshield and allows you to pay at toll plazas without having to stop the vehicle.
As mentioned, Fastag allows you to pay the toll tax or parking fees without stopping your car. This happens with the help of a technology known as RFID i.e Radio Frequency Identification Technology. With the help of RFID, the antennas at the toll plazas or parking areas detect your vehicle when you come near them and automatically charge the amount of toll or parking from your Fastag account.
Installing Fastag on your vehicle is very easy and it takes just a few minutes. You have to clean the area of the windscreen where you have to place the Fastag, so the Fastag sticker grips well on your vehicle.
You can purchase a new Fastag for your vehicle from many platforms either online or offline. ICICI Bank has recently partnered with Amazon Pay to issue Fastag. So you can easily apply a new Fastag through Amazon Pay.
How to Apply ICICI Bank Fastag through Amazon Pay
Follow the below steps to apply an ICICI Bank Fastag with the help of the Amazon Pay app.
- Download and install Amazon App on your Mobile Phone, if it is not already installed.
- After installing the app, open it and you will see the ‘Amazon Pay’ icon.
- After tapping on this option, you will see the ‘Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Fastag’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Fastag’ option and then the ‘Buy Fastag Now’ option.
- You will now be moved to a new window where you will see an application form.
- You will have to enter various personal information in this application form like ‘Registration Number of your vehicle’, Date of Birth, Mobile, Address, etc.
- After filling in all the above information, you will be redirected to a page where you have to make the payment for applying Fastag.
- Various payment methods are available there like Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, Mobile Wallets, etc.
- Make the payment by choosing any of the above methods of payment.
Once the payment of applying Fastag is done, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now the process of applying ICICI Bank Fastag through Amazon Pay is complete.
How to recharge Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Fastag?
You can not only recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag through Amazon Pay but can also recharge Fastag issued by any bank through Amazon pay. Below are steps to recharge your Fastag through Amazon Pay.
- You have to open the Amazon App on your mobile phone.
- On the front screen, you will notice the ‘Amazon Pay’ icon.
- After touching the ‘Amazon Pay’ icon, you have to touch on the ‘Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Fastag’ icon
- Tapping on the ‘Amazon Pay ICICI Bank’ Fastag option will show you the ‘Recharge Fastag’ button.
- Tap on the above option and then enter the amount you want to add to your Fastag purchased from Amazon Pay.
- Choose your desired method of payment for making the recharge payment.
- Complete the payment after selecting a payment method.
- Now your Fastag recharge will be done through ‘Amazon Pay’.
How to Check Balance in your Fastag using Amazon Pay?
Follow the below steps to check the balance in your ICICI Bank Fastag with the help of the Amazon Pay app.
- Open and log in Amazon App on your mobile phone.
- Open the ‘Amazon Pay’ icon.
- You will have to tap on the ‘Recharge & Buy Fastag’ option under the ‘Recharge’ section.
- Here you have to Tap on the ‘Recharge all bank Fastag’ option.
- A list of various Fastag issuer banks will appear to you.
- From this list, you have to choose ICICI Bank (Or any other bank from where you have purchased your Fastag)
- When you select your bank from this list, you will have to enter the Vehicle Registration Number or ‘Wallet ID’.
- After entering any of these, you will have to Tap on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Once you click on the ‘Confirm’ button, a new page will be opened where
- you can check details about your Fastag including the balance left in your Fastag wallet.
Benefits of Amazon Pay Fastag
There are many advantages of purchasing Fastag for your vehicle through the Amazon Pay app and these are:
- The first advantage of using Amazon Pay Fastag is the speed and convenience as you do not have to stop when you reach the highway tolls.
- You don’t have to worry about the queues and traffic jams at the toll plazas for paying toll fees.
- It avoids the need to keep cash payments or change money for paying toll tax.
- There are many exclusive discounts and cashback available with the Amazon Pay Fastag.
- You can keep track of all your Fastag related transactions done at the toll plazas.
- Fastag is a contactless payment method so you can maintain social distance.
- Amazon Pay Fastag can now also be used to pay at various parking areas.
What are the charges of purchasing Amazon Pay Fastag?
The charges of purchasing Fastag from Amazon Pay mainly depend upon the category of the vehicle. Based on these categories, seven colors are assigned to the Fastag. The overall cost of purchasing Fastag depends upon these color codes.
The price of purchasing Fastag for personal vehicles through Amazon Pay is Rs. 500 and this cost is distributed as below:
- Fastag RFID sticker cost or Joining Fees: Rs. 100
- Refundable security deposit: Rs. 200
- Fastag Minimum balance: Rs. 200
Fastag issued through Amazon Pay remains valid for years from the date of issuing. Whereas the balance in your Fastag is valid for a lifetime and you can use it anytime for making toll payments.
Documents Required for Purchasing Fastag through Amazon Pay
You need to submit the following documents while applying for a new Fastag through Amazon Pay.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Passport Size Photo
- KYC Documents like PAN card, Aadhar card Driving License, Voter ID, etc.
How to Reactivate Blacklisted Amazon Pay Fastag
You should make sure that your Amazon Pay Fastag has enough balance in it while crossing a toll plaza. If the balance in your Fastag is less than what is required in your wallet, then you can get a situation in which you can’t use your Fastag to make the toll payments at the toll plazas. This condition is known as blacklisted Fastag.
Fastag purchased from any platform including Amazon Pay can be removed from the blacklist mode when you top up it again with the minimum balance required to maintain in your wallet. Once you reload or recharge your Fastag again, it will be reactivated immediately.
If your Fastag is blacklisted for any other reason then you must call the customer support service of Amazon Pay or the bank from which you have purchased your Fastag. You can also contact the Toll-Free Customer Care number i.e 1033 of NHAI to raise your complaint regarding blacklisted Fastag.
Amazon Pay Fastag Customer Care Number
An important aspect that should not be taken lightly for a good Fastag provider is customer support. It may happen that you have questions about using the Fastag or you may encounter some problems while using the Fastag. To solve any problem or question, the user makes use of the support team which must guarantee easy and helpful assistance.
If you purchase ICICI Bank Fastag through Amazon Pay, then you can contact customer support through various methods. Some of the popular methods available for contacting the Customer support of Amazon Pay Fastag are listed below:
Toll-Free Number: 1860-267-0104
You can access the customer support of Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Fastag through this Toll-Free Number: 1800-210-0104. There is another number also to contact the customer support team and that is 1860-267-0104, but this number is chargeable.
Amazon Pay Fastag users can access the Help and Support service through the FAQ page. On this frequently Asked Questions page, you will find an answer to the most common questions. In case the doubts or issues persist, you can contact the support team through the Toll-Free Number of Email mentioned above. The FAQs section of Amazon Pay Fastag can be visited by clicking here