Due to problems of collection of toll at toll plazas on the National Highways of India, the Fastag system has been introduced. With the help of Fastag, vehicle owners can pay tax at the toll plaza without stopping there. For this, Fastag has to be applied to your vehicle.
Fastag is Applied to the Front Glass of your vehicle and it uses RFID technology. As your vehicles approaches the toll plaza, the sensor on the toll plaza comes in contact with Fastag and the toll plazas deduct toll tax from your Fastag account.
Fastag not only solves the problems of traffic jams at the National Highways but it also helps in making the traveling convenient as there will be less consumption of fuel because of no need to stop in the queues at the toll plazas for a long time. Fastag has now been implemented in almost all highways in the country and the Indian Government has already announced that, if Fastag is not installed on any vehicle, then the vehicle owner has to pay double toll tax as a penalty.
At this time Fastag can be purchased from more than 30 authorized banks in India, Petrol Pumps, toll plazas, other POS (Point of Sales), and various digital e-wallet Apps like Google Pay. With the help of Google Pay App, it is very easy to buy Fastag as well as recharge it.
In order to facilitate Fastag users, e-wallet service, Google Pay has introduced a new feature in its App. Now the App has added UPI recharge option into it. With the help of this feature, the Fastag users can recharge their Fastag at any time and anywhere and also have no need to face the inconvenience at the toll plazas.
Documents required for Creating Fastag Using Google Pay
You need the following documents for creating Fastag using Google Pay
- Registration Certificate of Vehicle (RC)
- Coloured Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC Documents of the vehicle owner. The KYC documents may include Driving
- License, PAN Card, Voter Card, Aadhar Card etc.
Benefits of Using Google Pay Fastag
- The biggest advantage of using Fastag is that there is no need to wait in long lines on the toll plaza. Because of the convenience of payment there is no need to keep cash with
- Paperwork is also reduced on toll plazas.
- Pollution is also reduced because there are now not big lines of vehicles in the lane.
- Less consumption of fuel
- Many types of cashback and other offers are also available on the use of Fastag.
How to buy Fastag from Google Pay
Recently Google Pay has joined hands with ICICI bank to issue Fastag to vehicle owners across the country. With the help of this, users will be able to purchase Fastag for their vehicle online from Google Pay app easily sitting at their home. This collaboration will avoid the need for the vehicle owners to visit any toll plaza or point of sale for purchasing Fastag. Below are the steps that are required for a vehicle owner to follow in order to purchase Fastag from Google Pay
- The first step is to install and open Google Pay App on your Mobile phone
- Now click on the ‘ICICI Bank FASTag’ option which can be found under the ‘Business’ tab.
- Now click on the ‘Buy New Fastag’ Option
- After this, you have to submit your RC Copy, PAN Card number, vehicle number, and other address details.
- An OTP will be received on your registered mobile number. You have to verify your mobile number through this OTP.
- Now you will see the payment option.
- Once you make the payment, the process of generating the Fastag starts, and your Fastag will be delivered to the mentioned address as soon as possible.
How to recharge Fastag using Google Pay
If you have installed Google Pay App on your mobile phone and created an account on it, then you can very easily recharge your Fastag through it. To recharge Fastag with Google Pay, you will have to link your FASTag account to Google Pay. Here are the steps that you can follow to recharge your Fastag through Google Pay
- First of all open the Google Pay App on your Mobile Phone
- Now click on the New Payment Option.
- You will see the Fastag option in the Bill payment section
- Click on the Fastag Recharge Option
- You will see a list of banks that issues Fastag. Fastag issued by the following banks are listed there: Axis bank, Baroda Bank, Equitas Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC bank, ICICI bank, IDFC bank, IHMCL NHAI, Indusind bank, J & K bank, in Google Pay app.
- Now click on the bank which has issued the Fastag
- After this, you have to enter your vehicle number and click on Payments with Bank account.
- Your FASTag will be recharged after the payment is completed.
- The main thing to note here is that you can also check your FASTag account balance.
The UPI handle of your Fastag recharge will be [email protected], no matters your Fastag is issued by any bank, you can recharge online Fastag using Google Pay.
For example, if your FASTag is issued by ICICI Bank and your vehicle number is MH 02 B 5214, then your UPI VPA (Virutal Private Address) or UPI ID or UPI handle would be [email protected].
UPI Enabled Banks List
|Sr. No.||TPAP||PSP Banks||Handle Name|
|1||Amazon Pay||Axis Bank||@apl|
|2||Bajaj Finserv Direct Ltd||Axis Bank||@abfspay|
|5||Angel Broking||Yes Bank||@yesbank|
|6||Google Pay||Axis Bank||@okaxis|
|State Bank of India||@oksbi|
|8||Khalijeb||Kotak Mahindra Bank||@kmbl|
|9||Make My Trip||ICICI||@icici|
|10||Mi Pay||ICICI Bank||@myicici|
|15||Realme PaySa||HDFC Bank||@rmhdfcbank|
|16||Samsung Pay||Axis Bank||@pingpay|
|Bank of Baroda||@barodapay|
|State Bank of India||@wasbi|