There are many big highways built in our country on which the number of vehicles passing daily is increasing day by day. It has been becoming difficult for the Government to keep a check on the large number of vehicles crossing through these highways. The government has made toll plaza in all cities across the country to collect the toll amount. Collecting toll taxes from a large number of vehicles on daily basis is again a difficult task for the government.
To get rid of this problem, the Government of India and NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) has started a new scheme known as Fastag. With the help of Fastag, the toll tax will be collected directly from the vehicle owners very easily.
FASTAG is basically a device that employs Radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to make toll payments from a directly connected prepaid account.
It is fixed to the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through the toll plaza without stopping for a cash transaction. By linking this tag to a prepaid card, the toll tax will be automatically deducted from the Fastag, when your vehicle crosses a toll plaza. You have to recharge this pre-paid card i.e. Fastag once the amount in it finishes.
How to Apply for IDFC First Bank Fastag?
For new vehicles, the Fastag will be provided at the same time while purchasing the vehicle. The vehicle owners have to activate this card and recharge it. And if you have an old vehicle then you can get this card from banks that are authorized by the government’s National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program, from e wallets or from various POS (Points of Sale). So various ways through which you can apply for a Fastag are as below:
Approved Banks for FASTag
The Indian Government has provided a list of around 32 banks through which you can apply and get a Fastag for your vehicle. You can easily apply for a Fastag through these banks and get it quickly.
Through Points of Sale (POS)
Vehicle owners can also apply for Fastag through various POS, which are approved by the Government of India. These POS can be easily found at various toll plazas across the country.
Applying Fastag at RTO Office
Vehicle owners can visit their nearby RTO office and can directly register for getting the Fastag.
Applying Fastag Online
You can easily apply for a Fastag sitting at your home through various eCommerce websites or various mobile apps. You just have to provide few basic details and the Fastag will reach your doorstep within few days.
Document required for Fastag
To apply for a Fastag for your vehicle you need to submit the following Document. Keep in mind that for applying a Fastag for personal vehicles you need different documents and for getting Fastag for the commercial or corporate vehicles you need to submit the different documents.
Documents required for Applying IDFC First Bank Fastag for Personal vehicle
Car Registration Documents
You need to submit all types of registration documents that are related to your vehicle eg. RC of your vehicle. You have to submit all these documents while applying for a Fastag. Your Fastag registration form will be submitted only after verifying all these documents.
Bank Account Documents
All payments from your Fastag Prepaid card is made from your bank account because Fastag is directly or indirectly linked to your bank account. That’s why it is necessary to submit all bank-related documents also while applying for a Fastag.
In addition to the above documents, vehicle owners also need to provide various Identify proof documents. These documents may include a photocopy of Aadhar cards, voter Card, Driving License copy, Photocopy of Passport.
Address proof related documents
Vehicle owners also need to provide photocopies of their address proof which may include an electricity bill, telephone bill, water bill, or any local address certificate.
In short following documents are required for applying Fastag for a personal vehicle:
- Registration Certificate of the Vehicle.
- Passport-sized photograph of the Vehicle owner.
- KYC Documents appropriate to the category of the vehicle owner.
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter’s Identity Card
- Aadhaar Card
Documents required for Applying IDFC First Bank Fastag for Corporate vehicle
- Entity proof, Shop Establishment Certificate, GSTN Certificate, Electricity Bill, or any other proof acceptable to the bank
- Certificate of incorporation, partnership deed, registration certificate of owner’s firm PAN card
- PAN card of the owner’s corporate address proof
- Photo identity card shop act or other firm proof of the signing authority
- List of directors with addresses, names, and addresses of partners.
Process for Applying IDFC First Bank Fastag
You can apply for FASTag account through any bank. The registration process for applying Fastag is as follows.
- To open the FASTag Prepaid account, visit the bank’s online FASTag Application Website.
- Now fill in personal details like name, address, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, etc.
- Enter KYC document details eg. Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, Aadhar Card.
- Add the vehicle registration certificate (RC) number.
- Now you have to upload a scanned copy of all required documents like KYC Documents, Passport size photos, RC.
- By following further instructions, your Fastag account will be created, which you can access through online or FASTag app.
- You can recharge it through credit card, debit card, NEFT, RTGS, or net banking.