Fastag is the latest and the quickest method to pay toll tax at the toll plazas. Fastag is a small device that used Radio Frequency Identification technology i.e RFID. The Fastag is pasted on the front glass of any Four wheeler vehicle from inside.
The RFID technology is employed in both the Fastag device and the sensors installed at the toll plazas. The RFID technology enables the connection between Fastag and sensors, as a result of which the money is automatically deducted from the prepaid account of Fastag.
This process of automatic toll payment allows vehicle owners to cross toll plazas quickly without stopping there for a long time.
Because using the Fastag on your Four-wheeled vehicles is now mandatory for making toll fees, therefore you have to purchase a Fastag. The Fastag can be purchased from any bank like Yes Bank, Yes Bank, ICICI Bank. A total of 31 banks have been permitted by NHAI to issue Fastag. Vehicle owners can also buy a new Fastag for their vehicle from any POS location of banks or mobile payment platforms like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, etc. No matter from which platform you purchase a Fastag, you have to activate it before you can start using it for making the toll payments digitally.
Ways to Activate Yes Bank Fastag
There are two main ways to activate your Fastag purchased from any platform including Yes Bank.
Activating Yes Bank Fastag using MyFastag app
NHAI i.e National Highways Authority of India has launched an app specifically for all Fastag related tasks. This app is named MyFastag App. You can activate your Fastag using MyFastag app. The steps to activate your Yes Bank Fastag using the MyFastag app are explained below:
- Download the MyFastag App from Playstore or App Store on your Smartphone.
- After downloading and installing the MyFastag app, you have to do registration into the app by entering the serial number of your Fastag.
When you are registered into the MyFastag app, you have to fill in various details that are required.
- Once you have entered all the details, your Fastag will be activated and is ready to use on your vehicle.
Activating Yes Bank Fastag through Bank Branch
Another way to activate your Yes Bank Fastag is by visiting the official branch of the Fastag and follow the below steps
- First of all, Visit the nearby branch of Yes Bank.
- Fastag users can also visit the nearest Point of Sale(POS) center of Yes Bank.
After visiting the branch of the bank you will have to fill an application form in order to activate your Fastag.
- Fill in all the required details in this application form and attach the necessary KYC documents with this form.
- Once you attach all the KYC documents, submit this form to the help desk counter of the bank.
Your KYC documents will be verified by the agent of the Yes Bank and then your Fastag will be activated.
An important thing to note here is that after activating your Fastag you have to recharge it with the minimum balance because only then you will be able to use the Fastag for making Toll payments at the toll plazas.
Documents required for activating Yes Bank Fastag
To activate your Fastag purchased from Yes Bank, you have to submit the below documents
- Scanned copy of the RC of your vehicle.
- ID proof with Photo
- Documents for verifying your address like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, etc
- Passport size photographs of the vehicle owner.