In today’s time of the internet, you must have your mobile number registered with the bank or online payment apps like Paytm. To do online transactions like transferring money, doing online shopping, purchasing online movie tickets, or many other works from Paytm, you must register your mobile number with it. Because an OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number, only after that you can complete any of such online transactions.
Similarly to use the Fastag services from Paytm, you have to register your mobile number with it. If your mobile number is not registered with Paytm, you will not be able to get the benefit of Fastag services like buying, recharging, checking balance, etc.
Therefore it is necessary to register and update your mobile number with Paytm from time to time if you have purchased a Fastag from Paytm or want to recharge from it.
If any of the vehicle owners have a Fastag account with Paytm and has registered his mobile number with Paytm, then sometimes there are situations when he/she has to change his mobile number. There are many reasons why a user has to change his Paytm Fastag mobile number and these reasons are:
- The mobile number registered with Paytm Fastag is Closed
- The mobile number registered with Paytm Fastag is lost
- The user has purchased a new mobile SIM and want to update that number with Paytm Fastag
Benefits of registering Mobile Number with Paytm Fastag
There are various benefits of registering or linking your mobile number with Paytm Fastag which are:
- Each time you recharge your Fastag from Paytm an SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number
- When you make payment at the toll plaza, then the SMS alert will be sent for each transaction on this registered mobile number.
- Before making payment like recharging your Fastag from Paytm, an OTP will be received on your registered mobile number and the transaction will be completed only after you verify this OTP
- So by verifying the OTP received on your registered mobile number with Paytm Fastag, it will avoid chances of any kind of fraud.
How to Change Paytm Fastag Mobile Number
In any of the above cases, a user has to change his mobile number with Paytm. The process of changing the Paytm Fastag Mobile number is very easy and simple. Users can do it sitting at their home. There are basically two ways to change your Paytm Fastag mobile number as below:
- Changing Paytm Fastag mobile number through App
- Changing Paytm Fastag mobile number through the website
Changing Paytm Fastag mobile number through App
The steps required to change your mobile number through the Paytm app are as below:
- First of all, open the Paytm App on your Android or iOS mobile phone
- After opening the Paytm app, you have to open your ‘Profile’
- When you have opened your ‘Profile’, click on the ‘Edit Profile’ option
- Here you will see the ‘Mobile Number’ option
- Tap on this ‘Mobile Number’ option
- A new window will open up, where you will have to Enter your ‘New Mobile Number’ that you want to update with your Paytm Fastag account.
- An OTP will be received on your Old mobile number which you have to verify.
- You will also receive an OTP on your New Mobile Number and you need to verify this mobile number also
- Once you verify both these OTPs, then your Mobile Number in the Paytm Fastag account will be changed.
Changing Paytm Fastag mobile number through the website
Another method of changing your registered Fastag mobile number is through the Paytm website, the steps for which are mentioned below:
- Open the website of Paytm on your mobile or desktop through this link: www.paytm.com
- You have to log in by entering your Login details.
- When are logged in, you will see the ‘View Profile’ option in the top right-hand side
- After clicking on the ‘View Profile’ option you have to click on the ‘Edit Profile’ option
- Click on the ‘Save’ button after entering your ‘New Mobile Number’ in the ‘Edit Profile’ field.
- Again you will receive OTPs (as you receive while changing mobile number through Paytm app) on your both old as well as new mobile number.
- You have to click on the ‘Confirm’ option after you entering both the OTP.
- When you confirm both OTPs, your mobile number registered with Paytm Fastag will be updated.