Fastag is an electronic device that is the initiative of NHAI for collecting toll tax at the toll plazas through the use of Radio Frequency Identification technology. Fastag is affixed on the front windshield of your vehicle so that when your vehicle passes a toll plaza, then the sensors at the toll plazas read the vehicles crossing through the RFID enable Fastag. When a vehicle with Fastag comes near a toll plaza then the toll tax is automatically cut off from the prepaid account of your Fastag.
After implementing the Fastag on 16 Feb 2021, the toll payment will only be collected through Fastag and the vehicle having no Fastag will have to pay the double charge as the toll payment.
How to get Fastag
You can get a Fastag through various ways. Some of the places from where you can purchase a Fastag are:
- By visiting authorized bank’s branch
- Through the official website of banks
- Toll plazas.
- E-commerce websites
- Ewallets like Paytm, Google pay, PhonePe etc.
- Petrol Pumps, RTOS, or other Point of sales locations.
- Through my Fastag app.
Steps to get Fastag from the Toll plaza
As mentioned above there are many ways to get a new Fastag from your vehicle, but applying a new Fastag from banks or e-wallet applications will take a lot of time and you may have to wait for at least 5-7 days to get a Fastag.
But there is an easy and quickest way to get a new Fastag and that is by visiting nearest Toll plaza. You can visit any of the nearest toll plazas and apply a new Fastag there.
FASTag documents required at toll plaza
- Visit the nearest Toll plaza.
- Visit the toll plaza with your vehicle for which you want to apply Fastag.
- Also, carry all the required documents likes vehicle RC, address proof, KYC documents, and more documents.
- Ask for the application form for applying for a new Fastag at the Toll plaza.
- Fill out this form carefully and attach the photostat copy of all the required documents.
- You should carry your original documents also as the staff at the toll plaza verify these documents.
- You will then have to make the necessary payment for applying the Fastag.
- Once you make the payment and your documents are verified, then the processing of your Fastag will be started immediately.
- You will then get a Fastag instantly from the toll plaza after completing all the above steps.
Please note that all the popular banks and e-wallet platforms have set up their boots or points of sales locations at all the toll plazas from where you can instantly apply and get a new Fastag for your vehicle.