FASTag is a tag that is used at toll plazas as a digital method of toll collection. Fastag has been made mandatory by NHAI for all vehicles which pass through Toll plazas on National Highways of India. While traveling through National Highways, Fastag is compulsory because any vehicle which crosses a toll plaza without Fastag then it will have to pay double the toll charge than already fixed up. It’s been a long time now that Fastag has been implemented and made compulsory, but still lot of questions are there in people’s minds regarding what is a Fastag, how to get it, and more.
Fastag works on Radio Frequency Identification technology and it is applied on the windshield of your four-wheeler vehicle. As soon as you pass through National Highways and come across a toll plaza, then the sensors which are installed at the toll plazas easily read the Fastag on your vehicle and the process of deducting the toll payment starts automatically. This automatic process happens within a few seconds and with the help of it, the long lines which are usually seen at toll plazas can be reduced. So this process not only saves your time but fuel also.
The toll fees are charged up from your Prepaid Fastag account and you don’t have to keep cash or make payment through cash.
Here in this article, we will explain how you can get a Fastag in one day.
Steps to get Fastag Immediately
There are many ways of applying a Fastag which are applying online through banks, online payment apps like Paytm, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, etc or visiting the branch of authorized banks or points of sales centers. All leading and major private and Government banks of India like SBI bank, HDFC bank, Axix Bank, Axis Bank, PNB bank, etc provide the facility of issuing Fastag to vehicle owners.
In addition to these banks, various mobile payment applications also give you the provision of applying Fastag. If you will apply a Fastag online through banks or e-wallet services then you will have to fill out the online application form and have to attach all the necessary documents.
Although the process of applying Fastag online is easy and quick it will take about 10-15 days to receive your Fastag at your address. Therefore the quickest way of applying and getting a Fastag is to apply it offline. By applying Fastag offline, you will get it immediately and in most cases only in one day.
There are many places from where you can get a Fastag offline which are:
- Through the Nearest branch of any bank which provides Fastag
- Through various points of sales (POS) locations likes Petrol Pumps, toll plazas etc.
Follow the below steps to apply a Fastag offline and to get it in one day
- First of all, you have to visit the nearest branch of any bank or the nearest point of sales location.
- Make sure you visit the bank branch of POS with all the documents and your vehicle for which you want to apply Fastag
- Now you will have to ask for the application form for applying Fastag
- Fill in all the required details in this application form.
- Enter your personal details like Name, Address, DOB, Mobile, Email id, etc in this form.
- Then you will have to provide some details about your vehicle like Registration Number.
- After that, you will have to attach some necessary documents including KYC documents.
- You will also have to attach the photocopy of your vehicle’s RC.
- Once you fill-up the complete application form, verify it once.
- After Verifying submit the form to the concerned person at the offline center along with the desired payment.
- The attendant will verify your all details and the after verifying he will initiate the process of creating Fastag for your vehicle.
- You will then get your Fastag immediately i.e on the same day.
Documents required for getting Fastag in one day or offline
To get a Fastag in one day, you will require the following documents
- Scanned and Original copy of your vehicle’s RC i.e Registration Certificate
- Passport size photographs of the vehicle owner or the applicant.
- Address proof of vehicle’s owner
- KYC documents for example Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card etc.