To get rid of long lines of vehicles at toll plazas for paying toll fees and to save time and fuel, NHAI developed a new system of paying toll tax which is an electronic system and is known as Fastag. Fastag has been started throughout India at all the toll plazas. After the implementation of Fastag, collecting toll tax has become very easy. Now the vehicle owners have no need to stand in long queues which saves time and fuel for the vehicle’s owner.
But most people are still unaware of what is a Fastag or they have very little knowledge about Fastag. As mentioned above Fastag is an electronic way of toll collection through which there is no need to wait for paying toll tax. Toll tax is automatically deducted from your Fastag account when the RFID technology used in Fastag is read by the sensors at the toll plazas.
This Radio Frequency enabled device ie. Fastag is fitted on the windscreen of your vehicle and it was made mandatory by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway, India on 16 Feb 2021.
Fastag was started to overcome the problems of vehicle owners that they have to face at the toll plazas for paying the toll fees. With the implementation of FASTag, vehicles owners can get rid of standing in long queues for toll payment on highways and avoid the wastage of fuel which saves their money also.
In this article, we explain how to log in to your HDFC Bank Fastag account. Before that, we will give an overview of how you purchase a Fastag from HDFC bank and the documents required for applying Fastag from HDFC Bank.
How to apply Fastag from HDFC Bank
You can apply a Fastag online from HDFC Bank by following the below steps:
- First of all visit the official website of HDFC Bank through this link: https://v1.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/fastag/index.html
- After opening the above link, you will see the ‘Apply Now’ option on the home page.
- You will have to click on this ‘Apply Now’ button and then a new page will appear where you will see an application form.
- You will have to fill in this application form with various details like Personal details eg Name, Email id, address etc and also have to enter your vehicle details.
- Then you have to upload the required documents as mentioned below.
- After uploading the document make the payment for applying Fastag through HDFC Bank.
- Now you are done with applying Fastag through HDFC Bank and will receive it within few days.
Documents required for applying Fastag from HDFC Bank
Following documents are required for applying a Fastag from HDFC Bank
- Registration Certificate of the Vehicle
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC Documents like Driving License, Adhar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, Passport, etc.
How to Login HDFC Bank Fastag account
To access various services of HDFC Bank Fastag like recharging, checking balance you have to log in to your Fastag account.
There are the following options to login HDFC Bank Fastag account which are:
- HDFC Fastag Retail Login
- HDFC Fastag Corporate Login
Steps for HDFC Fastag Retail Login
Follow the below steps for HDFC Fastag retail Login
- Open the official Fastag portal of HDFC bank through this link: https://v1.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/fastag/index.html
- Here you will see a ‘Login in’ Dropdown option in the top right corner
- From here, you have to choose the ‘Retail Login’ option.
- You will now be redirected to a new window where you see a field under the ‘Login/Register’ heading.
- When you receive your Fastag card from the bank at your physical address then along with this you will also receive a 12 digit user ID also.
- You have to enter this 12 digit user ID which usually starts with 17 or 18 in the field below ‘Login/Register option.
- Below ‘User ID’ Field there is an option, “Have Password. Login with UserID & Password..!!
- You have to click this link and then your will be redirected to a new screen where you have enter your password received at the time of Fastag delivery at your home.
- Now enter the given ‘Captcha’ code
- After entering the ‘Captcha’ code, click on the ‘Login’
- You will now be logged into your HDFC Bank Fastag retail account
- If you don’t have a password or forget it then you can click on the ‘Get OTP’ option.
- An OTP will then be sent to your registered mobile number and you can log in by entering this OTP.
Steps for HDFC Fastag Corporate Login
Follow the below steps of HDFC Fastag Corporate Login
- Again you have to visit the official Fastag portal of HDFC bank through this link: https://v1.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/fastag/index.html
- Here you will have to choose the ‘Corporate Login’ option from the ‘Login’ drop-down menu.
- You will now see fields to enter your user id and passwords.
- Enter your User Id and password, fill in the captcha code and then click on the Login.
- Now you are logged into your HDFC Bank Fastag Corporate account
- You can also choose the option to log in through OTP instead of entering your Password.
HDFC FASTag login with vehicle number/Wallet ID
You can also log in to your HDFC bank Fastag account for both Retail and Corporate through your Vehicle Number or Wallet ID.
For this, all the steps are almost the same as mentioned above. You just have to enter either your Vehicle Registration Number or 14 Wallet ID which you receive at the time of Fastag delivery to your physical address.