Fastag is an electronic sticker type of device which lets you cross the tolls without stopping or touching any payment machine. So if you have a vehicle, travel frequently through toll plazas then Fastag is the best way to travel as it saves your time. The Government of India has announced Fastag as a new system of crossing the toll plazas where you have to make the payment for traveling through them. The vehicle owners have to pay this toll tax as the fees of maintenance of the roads on National Highways.
Before the implementation of Fastag, the toll payments were made manually either through cash or debit/credit cards. While making the toll payments manually, vehicle drivers had to face many problems like waiting in long lanes and keeping change money.
Fastag is helpful especially for those who regularly travel through National Highways. Fastag allows vehicle drivers to make the payment without stopping and it is a very convenient way of paying toll tax as there is no need to have cash or change money. Fastag also avoids traffic jams because the payment is done fastly. Due to this the consumption of fuel, pollution, and the hassle of waiting at the toll plazas are reduced.
Fastag device is placed on the windshield from inside. In some latest models of vehicles, there is default and standard space for placing the Fastag. The functioning of Fastag is very simple. When the vehicle on which Fastag is placed comes close to the scanners or antennas located at a toll plaza, then the Radio Frequency Identification Technology (RFID) used in the Fastag exchanges signals with these scanners.
After exchanging signals the toll charges will be cut off from your Fastag wallet which is basically a prepaid account. When the money is deducted, then the barrier at the toll plaza is raised and lets you easily pass.
Fastag device can be purchased from a wide number of platforms. Some of these platforms are:
- Applying Fastag online through banks like Axis bank
- Buying Fastag offline through any authorized bank’s branch
- Through POS like Toll plazas, Petrol Pumps, etc.
There are many types of costs associated with any Fastag like you have to first pay the Fastag purchasing Fees and then have to recharge regularly for use at the toll plazas.
How to recharge Fastag using Axis Bank Mobile App
Like there are many ways of buying a Fastag, there are lots of methods of recharging a Fastag account. Here we will explain how you can recharge your Fastag through the mobile application of Axis Bank which is known as ‘Axis Mobile App’. Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag through Axis Mobile App
- First of all, you have to download Axis Mobile App on your mobile phone.
- After downloading and installing you have to register if you are not already registered.
- Once your registration is complete, Login to the Axis Mobile app using your Login details.
- When you are logged in to Axis Mobile App, you will see the ‘Recharge/Bill Pay’ option.
- Then you will see the Fastag icon under this Recharge/Bill Pay Option.
- Click on this Fastag Icon.
- After that, you will see the fields to enter the registration number of your vehicle or your Wallet ID.
- Once you enter your vehicle registration number of Wallet ID, you have to click on the ‘Confirm’ Button.
- Enter the recharge amount. You must enter the minimum recharge amount that is required to maintain in the Axis Bank Fastag account.
- Now choose any mode of payment to complete your recharge.
- Your Fastag recharge will not be complete using Axis Mobile App.