Fastag is an Electronic Toll Collection(ETC) system that was made necessary after 15 Feb 2021 for all vehicles crossing through National Highways of India. Fastag is pasted on your four-wheeler vehicle’s windscreen from inside and it is a prepaid card that uses Radio Frequency Identification technology for making the toll tax payment.
Through Fastag, vehicle owners can make the toll payments without stopping at the toll plazas because when the Fastag pasted on your vehicle’s windscreen comes in contact with the sensors at the toll plazas, the Fastag wallet is activated and the payment is automatically deducted from your account.
It is important for all Fastag holders to know that when the amount in their Fastag account becomes low or finished, then they have to recharge it again which can done through various methods like Netbanking of the Fastag issuing bank, Airtel Payments Banks, Amazon Pay, Paytm, JioMoney etc.
Here in this article, you will learn how you can recharge your Fastag through JioMoney.
What is Jio Money?
Jio Money is a mobile payment app with the help of which users can do cashless transactions, send money to any other person, to banks. Through Jio Money you can also recharge your mobile, DTH, pay electricity bills, and do many other tasks. For all such activities, you can make the payments by linking your debit card, credit card or net banking with the JioMoney app. The most recent addition into the list of features that are provided by JioMoney is the option to recharge your Fastag.
Benefits of Jio Money
Various benefits of JioMoney are:
- In JioMoney app, you can keep track of all your transactions including the transactions done at the toll plazas through your Fastag.
- JioMoney provides various offers to Fastag holders who recharge their Fastag through it.
- There is no need to remember your transactions history as you can easily check it at any time.
- No matters where you are, you can recharge your Fastag anytime and anywhere from JioMoney
- Through JioMoney, you can recharge Fastag issued by any bank.
How to create JioMoney wallet account?
To recharge your ETC Fastag from JioMoney you have to create an account Jio Payments Bank account which can be created from MyJio App. The steps required to Jio Payments Bank account and to recharge Fastag through JioMoney are explained below:
- First of all, you have to open MyJio App on your Mobile Phone
- Now you have to log in to MyJio App if you are not already logged in
- Here you will see various options on Top like Telecom, UPI, Finance, etc.
- You have to tap on the ‘Finance’ option
- After clicking on ‘Finance option you will see a message that “It seems that you have not created an account on “Jio Payments Bank”
- Now you will have to click on the “Create Jio Payments Bank Account” option.
Or you will see a screen with text “Welcome to Jio Payments Bank”. “Lets Get Started”
- You can click on “Lets Get Started” option.
- Here you will have to choose the option “My Jio 4G” for verification and then click on the “Proceed” button
- After clicking on Proceed button, in the next step, you will see a message “Your Device Verification is in Progress”
- Once your Jio Device verification, you have to set up your 4 digit mPin and then click on the “Proceed” button.
- When you set up your mPin, then your verification is done successfully and your JioMoney account is created.
Steps to recharge Fastag through JioMoney
Follow the below-mentioned steps to recharge your Fastag through JioMoney.
- After you have created an account on Jio Payments Bank, you will see “Toll Recharge Option”
- Click on this option and then you will see Options like Select city, Select Toll Operator, Vehicle Number
- Select all the above fields and then click on Proceed button after entering your vehicle number.
- Now you will have to choose your Fastag issuing Bank from the available list
- Then you have to enter your vehicle registration number i.e RC number.
After that, you have to enter the amount you want to recharge your Fastag through JioMoney
- Next, you have to make the recharge payment from your JioMoney Wallet account.
- Once your payment is successful, your Fastag is recharge through JioMoney.