Fastag is a prepaid sticker type of device that uses Radio Frequency Identification technology i.e RFID. Fastag device was developed by NHAI as an electronic toll collection technique and it is placed on the windscreen of your vehicle from inside.
The sensors at the toll plazas track the Fastag on a vehicle when the vehicle enters the dedicated Fastag lanes and the money is charged automatically as the toll fees. All this process of automatically charging toll fees is completed without stopping your vehicles.
When the balance in your Fastgag pre-paid account becomes low or there is zero balance in it, then you have to recharge it by using one of the various available methods. Here in this article, we will explain step by step process of recharging your Fastag using net banking
All the banks provide the facility of Netbanking these days. So anyone having a smartphone, computer, and have an internet connection, can easily access the Internet banking of the bank in which they have their account. If you have an account in any bank, then you can easily get your net banking activated and get various benefits offered by it. By activating your net banking with the bank, you don’t have any need to visit the branch of the bank to send or receive money or to make any other transactions. With the help of net banking, users can easily perform all their money-related transactions quickly from their homes.
With the help of net banking, you can’t not only do bank-related transactions but can also do many other tasks like Recharging your mobile, do online shopping, and a lot more. One of the latest addition in the features of Netbanking is the possibility of recharging your Fastag.
Recharging Fastag using Netbanking
If you are also looking for how to recharge your Fastag using Netbanking, then you can follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of the bank from which you have purchased your Fastag
- After opening the bank’s website, you will see the option to login into your net banking account.
- Enter your User id and Password.
- Now you will be logged in to your net banking account.
- Here you will have to type Fastag in the search box.
- In the next step, you will have to enter your Fastag ID and Vehicle Registration Number.
- Enter the recharge amount that you want to add to your Fastag account.
- Now choose Netbanking as the method of payment for making recharge payments.
- Click on Proceed and your Fastag recharge will be done using net banking.