A lot of digital payment methods are available in India, by using which you can make payments instantly. But for using these payment methods you need smartphones and an Internet connection. If you have a smartphone and internet connection, then you can make online transactions through UPI. If you don’t have a smartphone and own a simple featured phone which is not enabled with the internet, then how can you make online payment?
Understanding the problem of such mobile users, RBI has launched a new payment method known as UPI 123Pay.
In this article, we will cover full details about how you can use 123Pay for recharging your Fastag. But before that let’s have a look at what is 123Pay and how to use it.
What is UPI 123Pay?
The big population of India resides in villages and remote areas. These people don’t have smartphones and internet connections. According to a report more than forty crores Indians use simple phones. These phones don’t have many features. Therefore users can not make online payments through these phones. By keeping this huge user base in mind, the Reserve Bank of India i.e RBI started a new payment service named UPI 123Pay. 123Pay was launched on 08 March 2022 in collaboration with NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India).
123Pay was launched mainly for non-smartphone users and the main feature of this payment method is that it allows anyone to make payment without using the internet.
Although 123Pay was designed mainly for simple phones, it can also be used by smartphone users. 123Pay can be used in many Indian languages.
Benefits of UPI 123Pay?
The main objective of launching UPI 123Pay by RBI is to increase the use of digital payments among mobile phone users. There are a lot of benefits of using UPI 123Pay. Some of the main features and benefits of UPI 123Pay are mentioned below:
- The biggest advantage of using the UPI 123Pay app is that you can recharge your Fastag account anytime and anywhere without having the need for a smartphone and internet.
- The use of UPI 123Pay is not only limited to feature phones users, but it has all the necessary requirements for smartphone users also.
- You can use the 123Pay app for transferring money to a bank account, recharging your mobile phones.
- UPI 123Pay can be used to pay all types of bills like electricity bills, Water bills, Gas Bills, etc.
- Check the balance in your linked bank account.
How to Register and Use UPI 123Pay?
By using UPI 123Pay can take the benefit of digital payments easily in a few minutes. You can make the payment through 123Pay from your feature Phone by just following the below 3 simple steps.
- Call – Make a call at this Number: 080 4516 3666
- Choose – Select the method of transaction
- Pay – Make the payment by entering your UPI Pin
Steps to Register on UPI 123Pay
You can register on UPI 123Pay by following the below-mentioned steps.
- In the first step, you have to link your bank account with your mobile number.
- In the next step, you have to create a six-digit UPI Pin by using your Debit Card or Credit Card.
- You will have to dial IVR No. i.e 080 4516 3666 on the dial pad of your Feature Phone.
- Now you will have to choose your desired language by pressing a button on the dial pad.
- You will now have to type on the option of ‘UPI Register’ for new registration.
- If you have already set up the UPI ID, then you can enter it, otherwise, you will get the option of new registration.
- For a new registration, you will have to enter the details of your debit card or credit card.
- After entering the card details, you will have to press ‘1’ for setting UPI Pin.
- Now your UPI Pin will be generated successfully and you can transfer money, recharge mobile or make the online payment at any store.
How to Recharge Fastag using UPI 123Pay?
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using UPI 123Pay.
- To recharge your Fastag through UPI 123Pay, first of all, you have to dial IVR No. 08045163666 from the dial pad of your phone.
- Now select your desired language.
- A list of many options will be available to you.
- Some of these options are Money Transfer, Fastag Recharge, Bill Payments, Gas Refill, Mobile Recharge, Balance check, etc.
- For example, if you want to transfer money to someone, then you have to choose the ‘Money Transfer’ option.
- If you have to add money to your Fastag account, you have to select the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option.
- Now you have to enter your vehicle’s registration number for which you want to recharge Fastag.
- Enter the recharge amount and UPI Pin.
- Your Fastag recharge will be done within a few seconds.
- You will get a notification for the successful recharge through SMS on your registered mobile number.
How to Make Payment using UPI 123Pay?
There are 3 methods of making payments using UPI 123Pay.
Payment through IVR Number:
This is the simplest and quickest method of making payments through UPI 123Pay. Under this method, you have to make a call from any phone be it a simple feature phone or smartphone on this number 08045163666. After dialing this number, various options will be given to you through voice with a number for each option. You have to choose your option by typing the particular number. You have to make the payment by responding to the voice command. In this way, you recharge your mobile, pay at any online shop, etc.
Payment through Missed Call:
When you have to make the payment at any shop through UPI, you have to scan a QR code with the back camera of your smartphone. But there is no camera in the Feature Phones. So you can’t make the payment by scanning the QR code.
UPI 123Pay makes it possible for the Feature Phone users also to make the payment through UPI. For this, you have to give a miss call on the number given along with the QR code. After giving miss call on that number, a computer-generated call will arrive at your registered mobile number through UPI 123Pay. You will have to provide all the details related to the payment in this call. You will also be asked to provide a six-digit pin, after which your payment will be done successfully.
Payment through Sound Based Technology:
With the help of this method, you can make the payment through UPI 123Pay by using the sound waves. When you visit a shop, you will see a proximity sound-based box there. This box generates sound waves. Feature phone holders have to tap their phone on this device and then have to enter the amount that they want to pay. After that, they have to enter the UPI Pin. Once the user enters UPI Pin, the payment will be done successfully.