If any vehicle owner crosses a toll plaza without Fastag on his vehicle, then as per the new orders by the Indian Governments after 15 February 2021, he will have to pay double toll tax. This new toll collection technique is now used at all the toll plazas of National Highways in India. So if you have not purchased Fastag for your vehicle yet, then a question may arise in your mind about what is a Fastag and how to use it. So here in this article, we will explain in detail about the Fastag.
Fastag was introduced by the National Highways Authority of India only for four or more wheeled vehicles so that the toll tax can be paid at the toll plazas without caring for the need to change money and to avoid the long lines. The electronic toll collection system of Fastag enables a vehicle owner to pay the toll tax without any problem and stopping at the toll plaza.
Fastag is placed on the windlass of your four-wheeler vehicle and Radio Frequency Identification(RFID) technology is used in it through which the Fastag on your vehicle is scanned by the sensors at the toll plazas. After this, the toll payment will be deducted from your Fastag account.
How to apply Fastag from J&K Bank
When Fastag was made compulsory after 15 Feb 2021, then various platforms came into the market which are providing Fastag services to new customers. You can apply a Fastag from many service providers or POS agents. These POS agents are available at all the toll plazas of National Highways in India, some petrol pumps, and the branches of some major banks. There are usually longs lines at the POS centers, so to avoid these lines and save your time, you can apply Fastag online from any bank’s website and various mobile payment service providers like Paytm, Airtel Money, Google Pay, Phone Pe, and a lot more. J&K Bank is also providing the option of getting a new Fastag. Jammu & Kashmir Bank is providing the option of getting a new Fastag at a very low price.
Users can get the benefits of Fastag from J&K Bank by fulfilling only a few conditions. In this period of huge competition among Fastag service providers, Jammu & Kashmir Bank appears as one of the most cost-effective platforms that provide users the options of applying a new Fastag so that the vehicle owners can get the full advantages of Fastag.
If you already are a customer of J&K bank i.e if you already have an account with J&K Bank, then it is very easy to get a Fastag. But if you don’t have an account with J&K then still you can apply a Fastag.
Jammu & Kashmir Bank is currently not providing the option of applying Fastag online through their website. But still, the new users can apply a Fastag from J&K Bank for their vehicle. The steps required to apply a Fastag from J&K Bank are:
- J&K Bank has set up various Business units from where users can apply a Fastag.
- The full list of business units of J&K bank can be found here: https://www.jkbank.com/pdfs/notice/Designated%20Business%20Units-fastag-12042021.pdf
- All the Fastag provider centers of J&K are listed in the above link.
- You can locate your nearest business unit from this list.
- After finding the nearest Fastag provider center, you can visit them with the necessary documents.
- Submit the documents there and your J&K Bank Fastag will be ready.
Documents required for J&K Bank Fastag
- First of all your need the RC copy of your four-wheeler vehicle for applying a Fastag through J&K Bank
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- Original and photostat copy of KYC documents for example voter card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, etc.
How to recharge J&K Bank Fastag
As mentioned above since when Fastag has been made mandatory by NHAI for four-wheeler vehicles, a lot of platforms are available online through which you can recharge your Fastag. Now the control is completely in the hand of users and they can decide upon which platform to choose for recharging their Fastag purchased from any bank including J&K Bank. Here we will know various methods through which we can recharge a Fastag purchased from Jammu & Kashmir Bank
J&K Bank Fastag recharge through website
No matter from which bank you purchase your Fastag, you can recharge it from the website of any bank. The steps required to recharge Fastag from the website of any bank are almost the same. Below we have explained the steps to recharge your J&K Bank Fastag through the website of a bank.
- For recharging the J&K Bank Fastag through a bank’s website, first of all, you have to open the official Fastag portal of that bank.
- Here you have to signup if you are not registered yet.
- After signup, you have to log in with your login details
- After login, you will see a ‘Recharge’ option in front of you
- Click on this recharge option, enter your J&K Bank Fastag walled ID.
- Then enter the amount of recharge.
- After entering the recharge amount you have to make the payment by using a debit card, credit card, Netbank, etc.
- When you complete the payment, then the money will be added to your J&K Bank Fastag account.
Recharging Jammu & Kashmir Bank Fastag using UPI ID
You can recharge your J&K Fastag through any of the UPI apps like Paytm, Google Pay, GPay, PhonePe, BHIM UPI, etc. Below are the steps to recharge your Jammu & Kashmir Bank Fastag using UPI:
- For this, first of all, you have to install any UPI App into your mobile phone.
For example, you can install the Paytm UPI app on your Phone.
- After installing the app, open it and you will see the ‘Pay’ option there.
- Click on this ‘Pay’ option.
- Then you have to enter your UPI ID eg. Netc.VehicleNumber@BankUPIHandle
- In place of BankUPIHandle, you have to enter the UPI handle of the bank which has issued Fastag i.e in our case we have to enter the UPI handle of J&K Bank.
- After entering the UPI ID of your J&K Bank Fastag, you have to enter the amount of recharge.
- Now you will have to make the payment after which the entered recharge amount will be added to your Fastag wallet.
How to check Jammu & Kashmir(J&K) Bank Fastag Balance
To use the J&K Bank Fastag without any problem, you must have to recharge it regularly. So you must have complete information about your Fastag account like how much balance is left in it. Today we are going to tell you how to check the Balance of your J&K Bank Fastag. If you have a vehicle and are using the Fastag issued by Jammu & Kashmir Bank then the below information is going to be very useful for you. With the following mentioned ways, you can easily check the balance in your J&K Bank Fastag so that you can have knowledge about balance in it and can recharge it immediately if it is low.
Checking J&K Bank Fastag through MyFastag App
Here we will explain the easiest method of checking the balance in your J&K Bank Fastag and this is through a mobile app named MyFastag. You can follow the below method way of checking J&K Bank Fastag balance through this App.
- First of all download the MyFastag App on your mobile
- After downloading and installing the MyFastag app, open the app and enter the wallet ID of your J&K Bank Fastag.
- Remember for checking Fastag balance through MyFastag app, your mobile number must be registered with NHAI
- Once you Login into MyFastag app and enter your Fastag wallet ID, then balance in your J&K Bank Fastag will be visible to you.
Checking J&K Bank Fastag through Miss Call: +91-8884333331
NHAI has issued a mobile number through which you can get the complete information about your J&K Bank Fastag including checking the remaining balance in it. You can give a miss call on this number and if there is any active talktime plan in your registered mobile number, then you don’t have to pay any extra call charges for this miss call. After giving a miss call, you will receive a message immediately on your registered mobile number with the details of the balance left in your J&K Bank Fastag.
J&K Fastag balance through SMS
When you purchase a Fastag from J&K Bank, then you have to link your mobile number with this Fastag account. The benefit of linking the Fastag account with a mobile number is that, as soon as you make a toll payment at any toll plaza in India, the balance and the transaction details will be sent on your linked mobile number.
Charges of J&K Bank Fastag and Validity
As mentioned above there is high competition among Fastag service providers and all these providers wanted to add more and more Fastag users with them. Whenever a customer looks to purchase a new Fastag for his vehicle, the first thing he would like to check up on is the price and he will definitely purchase the Fastag from a bank or other platform which offers Fastag at the cheapest cost. J&K clear understood this need of the Fastag users and therefore they have set up very minimal charges for the Fastag. The charges of purchasing Fastag from Jammu & Kashmir Bank are divided as below:
- Fastag purchasing Fees= Rs. 100 (For all colors or categories of vehicles be it private or commercial vehicles)
- Refundable Security Fees= Starting from Rs. 200 to Rs. 400
- Minimum Recharge amount=Rs. 200
As the validity of Fastag issued by all other banks, the validity of Fastag purchased from J&K bank is 5 years.
How to reactivate Jammu & Kashmir(J&K) Bank Blacklisted Fastag
As it’s clear from the name, blacklisting Fastag means to blacklist or block services from that Fastag. In other words, blacklisted Fastag means that it can be operated at a toll plaza for paying the toll taxes. Having less balance than the limit set up by J&K bank can be the most common reason for becoming a Fastag blacklist. So by maintaining a minimum balance in the J&K Bank Fastag, one can avoid getting it blacklisted. Also if a Fastag enters into blacklist due to low balance then it can be reactivated by recharging it.
Benefits of J&K Bank Fastag
- With the help of Fastag purchased from J&K Bank, it is easy to keep an eye on your toll transaction.
- The message of each toll transaction is received on your registered mobile number and email id.
- J&K bank has a dedicated portal for Fastag, through which you can download the Fastag account statement.
- There is less noise and air pollution
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank also offers a cashback facility on the transaction
Jammu & Kashmir(J&K) Bank Fastag Customer Care
Toll-Free phone number, Email, and FAQ, it doesn’t matter which method you prefer to ask the operators of J&K Bank Fastag for help, they have all the most used and famous solutions available for the Fastag users. There are all methods available depending on the need of users and here is a brief description of various ways of contacting the customer support team at J&K Bank
Toll-Free Number: 1800 1800 234
J&K Bank offers the utmost attention to its Fastag customers by offering an assistance service active 24 hours a day, every day.
E-mail: [email protected]
J&K Bank ensures the best customer service through email also. It is possible for a Fastag user to ask any question regarding Fastag by sending an email at the above email address.
J&K Bank has a very well and easy-to-navigate FAQ section within which you can find the answers to the most common questions. FAQ section of J&K Bank Fastag is a way of quickly getting answers to your Fastag related problems. The FAQ section of J&K can be accessed from here: https://www.jkbank.com/transactions/services/fastag.php