Fastag is a credit card-like chip that works on Radio Frequency Identification technology(RFID). It is pasted on the windscreen of a car or any other vehicle. As soon as you go to a toll plaza with your vehicle, the sensor on the toll plaza will deduct a fixed amount from your Fastag account. You can pay your toll tax without stopping the vehicle at the toll plaza.
Fastag starts working as soon as it is linked to a prepaid account. When the available amount in this account expires, it has to be recharged.
How to Apply Fastag from Digipay Axis Bank
Fastag can be purchased from almost all the toll plazas. Apart from this, it is also available in all banks like SBI, IDBI, HDFC, ICICI banks, Axis Bank, and many other banks. Here in this article, we explain how you can apply a Fastag for your vehicle through Axis Bank.
- To apply Fastag from Axis Bank first of all you have to visit the official website of Axis bank i.e https://www.axisbank.com/
- After opening the Axis bank website, you will see the ‘Explore Products’ option on the left side of the menu.
- In the ‘Explore Products’ menu drop-down option, you have to click on the ‘Fastag’ option
- When you click on the ‘Fastag’ option you will see the ‘Apply Now’ option by scrolling a little down.
- After clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ option you will be redirected to a new window.
- Here you will have to Tick on ‘YES’ (If you are an existing Axis bank customer).
- Then you will have to enter your Axis bank account number, vehicle Number and
- Fill in the Captcha Code.
- Click on Generate OTP option. An OTP will be received on your mobile number registered with Axis bank.
- Once you verify the OTP, you will be asked to make the payment for applying Fastag from Axis bank.
- Choose the desired payment method and make the payment.
- After making the Payment, your Axis Bank Fastag application process is complete and you will receive Fastag at your address within a few days.
Applying Fastag from Axis Bank Offline
In addition to applying Fastag online from Axis bank as mentioned above, you can also apply it offline. For this, you have to visit any nearest branch of Axis bank with your vehicle’s RC and KYC documents. You can also apply Fastag offline through Axis bank from any of the POS agents at any toll plaza.
Documents required for Digipay Axis Bank Fastag
To apply a new Fastag for your vehicle, you need to have the following documents.
- Registration Number of Your vehicle i.e RC
- Photo of Vehicle Owner
- Certificate of Address Proof
- KYC Documents like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter Card, Driving License, etc
How to recharge Fastag using Axis bank
Axis bank provides two main ways of recharging your Fastag. These two ways are:
- Fastag recharge from Axis bank using Netbanking
- Fastag recharge from Axis bank using NEFT/RTGS
Fastag recharge from Axis bank using Netbanking
To recharge your Fastag from Axi bank using Netbanking, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of Axis bank
- After opening the website you have to Login by using your Customer id/username and password
- Now click on the ‘Recharge Account’ option under the ‘Payments Section
- Choose the Fastag account you want to recharge.
- Once you choose the desired Fastag account, enter any amount starting from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh to recharge your Fastag.
- After this, you will be asked to select the method of Payment. Here you will have to select ‘Pay by Online
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button after choosing the ‘Pay by Online’ method.
- Here you have to select your bank from a list of banks
- When you select your bank i.e Axis bank in our case, you will have to enter the login details for your bank account.
- After entering the login details and making the desired payment amount, your Fastag will be recharged through Axis bank.
Fastag recharge from Axis bank using NEFT/RTGS
- To recharge your Fastag from Axis bank using NEFT/RTGS first of all you have to log in to your Axis Bank Internet banking
- Now you will be asked to enter either your Wallet ID Number/vehicle number/Mobile Number.
- Once you enter any one of the above details, you have to enter the IFSC number of the bank
- Here you have to mention UTIB0000ETC
- After entering the IFSC number, you will be required to make the payment of the Fastag recharge
- Once you make the Fastag recharge payment (any amount you want), your Fastag recharge using Axis bank NEFT/RTGS is done
- How to Recharge Axis bank Fastag Using PhonePe App
- How to Activate Blacklisted Axis Bank Fastag
- How to Recharge Axis Bank Fastag through Google Pay
- Fastag Banks List with Customer Care Number
- Google Pay UPI transaction limit & Supported Banks List in India
- How to Activate Axis Bank Fastag Online
- How To Change Axis Bank Fastag Mobile Number
- How to Download FASTag Statement from Axis Bank
- How to Activate Inactive Axis Bank Fastag
How to activate Axis Bank Fastag
There are two ways to activate Axis Bank Fastag.
The first way is to activate your Axis bank Fastag by yourself. For this, you have to download the MyFastag app on your mobile phone and add the information related to your vehicle. After that, you have to link your Fastag to the bank account. Once you do that, your Fastag will be activated.
The second way is to activate your Fastag by visiting any nearest Axis bank branch. The process is the same as above, the only difference is that you have linked your Fastag to the bank account by visiting the bank branch.
How to attach Axis Bank Fastag on your vehicle
Once you receive your Fastag from Axis bank, you have to affix it on the windshield of your vehicle’s center top from inside. There is a self-adhesive tape in this Fastag. After removing this adhesive tape you can paste the Fastag on your vehicle’s windshield.
There is no need to use any additional tape or adhesive material because it may damage your Fastag.
Benefits of Axis Bank Fastag
There are many benefits of buying a Fastag from Axis bank and using it for the toll payment at the toll plazas.
Fastag saves Time
If we pay toll tax through cash then it takes a lot of time. But because of the use of FasTag, a lot of time is saved as we do not have to stop our vehicles for a long time at the toll plazas.
Fastag saves Fuel
Usually, there was a lot of traffic at the toll plazas before the use of Fastag. There were long lines of vehicles at the toll plazas. Due to this lot of fuel used to be consumed. But with the use of Fastag, toll tax is paid quickly which saves fuel
Fastag saves Money
A lot of money is saved with the introduction of Fastag for vehicles. By using Fastag we do not have to wait in long lines which saves fuel and money.
Fastag reduces Pollution
There was a lot of pollution due to long lines of vehicles at the toll plazas before the use of Fastag. But the use of Fastag has certainly helped in the reduction of air pollution.
Many times when you cross any toll plaza and toll tax is deducted from your Fastag wallet, then you will get various cashback offers. This cashback will be directly credited into your Axis bank account
Validity of Digipay Axis Bank Fastag
A Fastag purchased from Axis bank has basically a validity of 5 years. So the same Fastag can be used for 5 years until it can be read by the sensor and if it is not tampered with. But if there is some damage in the Fastag then its reading quality may decrease. In such a situation, you can contact your Issuing Bank i.e Axis bank for issuing a new Fastag.
After that validity period of Fastag, you have to get or reissue Fastag from Axis bank.
Charges for Axis Bank Fastag
As the Fastag is issued by any authorized bank like Axis bank and e-wallet platforms like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, etc, the amount of issuing the Fastag is decided by the issuing organization. The price of purchasing the Fastag from Axis bank is Rs. 200.
In addition to these fees, there is security deposit fees which range from Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 and it is decided based on the type of vehicle you are applying a Fastag for i.e private vehicle or heavy commercial vehicle.
How to check Axis bank Fastag balance
You can easily the balance of Axis bank Fastag by following the below steps
- To check the balance of Axis bank Fastag, visit this official link of Axis bank: https://etc.axisbank.co.in/
- Here in the drop-down menu, you will have to choose one of these options like User ID, Wallet ID, Vehicle Registration Number, Mobile number
- After choosing one of the above options, you have to enter the Password
- Now you will be asked to fill in the Captcha Code.
- After filling the Captcha, you have to click the Login button
Upon clicking the Login button, you will see a list of Fastag (if you have more than one Fastag)
- Once you select a Fastag from this list, the Fastag remaining balance will be visible to you.
Axis bank Fastag customer care Number
When you cross a toll plaza with a Fastag-enabled vehicle, the balance will be deducted automatically from your Fastag account and the information of this transaction will be received by SMS on your registered mobile number.
Through this SMS you will also know how much amount has been deducted from your account. For more information and any question regarding your Fastag you can contact the customer care number of Axis bank at 18004198585
In addition to contacting Axix bank via the above Toll-Free Number, Axis bank provides various other methods of contacting their customer support team depending on your queries and problems. These are:
- Fastag users can give a miss call on this mobile no. 7287999990 to check the balance of their Fastag wallet any time
- For any queries related to Fastag, users can send an email at this id etc.management[@]axisbank.com. Although response through email may take some time.