If you already are a customer of IDBI Bank Fastag and want to get a new Fastag for your four-wheeler vehicle, then you easily purchase it from IDBI Bank either online or offline i.e from the nearest branch. Once you purchase a Fastag from IDBI Bank then you need to continuously recharge it so as to keep it functioning i.e to be able to make the payments at the toll plazas.
Your Fastag purchased from IDBI Bank can be recharged in many ways, but in this article, we will explain in detail how can you recharge it through Paytm.
How to recharge IDBI Bank Fastag through Paytm?
It is very easy to recharge IDBI Bank Fastag through Paytm. You have to follow the below-mentioned steps to recharge your Fastag with the help of Paytm
- After opening the Paytm app on your Mobile phone you will see a Fastag Option on the home screen. You can also search the Fastag by typing in the search box of the Paytm app.
- You will be able to see the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option.
- There is a ‘Search Bank’ option on the top.
- You will have to search for ‘IDBI Bank’ from this search option.
- Click on the ‘IDBI Bank’ which will take you to the next window.
- Enter the Vehicle Number/Wallet Number of the Fastag account purchases from IDBI Bank.
- Now click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- To recharge your IDBI Bank Fastag, you will have to click on the ‘Add Money to Fastag’ option.
- Now you have to enter the amount which you desire to recharge your IDBI BankFastag with. Add the desired recharge amount here.
- Then you will have to make the payment for the recharge which can be done by choosing one of many available payment methods.
- When the payment is done, then your IDBI Bank Fastag will be recharged successfully using Paytm.
The above are the steps for recharging your Fastag through Paytm. If you already have purchased a Fastag for your vehicle, then you surely knew what is it and why it is required. But for anyone who has not purchased a Fastag for the vehicle yet, then we will briefly give an overview of Fastag, how can you buy it from IDBI Bank, what are documents required for IDBI Bank Fastag, and a lot more.
What is IDBI Bank Fastag?
The government of India has made Fastag compulsory on all national highways of the country from February 15, 2021. The government has already announced that now the date of installing Fastag on vehicles will not be extended. So if your vehicle does not have Fastag, then you will have to pay double toll tax. The Government has now made a strict declaration regarding Fastag and no relaxation will be given to any vehicle owner who has Fastag not installed on it.
Fastag is used to collect toll tax digitally. It is an electronic toll-collection technique. With the help of Fastag, it is possible to overcome the long lines of vehicles on the highway. Fastag works on RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology. Fastag can be installed on any Four wheeler vehicle’s windshield. When that vehicle crosses any toll plaza, then the scanner at the toll plaza scans the Fastag and the toll tax will automatically get deducted from your amount.
Fastag can be purchased from many authorized banks like IDBI Bank, POS, and online sites like Paytm.
How to Buy Fastag from IDBI and the Documents required for it?
You can buy Fastag from IDBI Bank in one of two ways i.e either by visiting the nearest branch of the bank or online through the official website of the bank. Buying Fastag online through IDBI Bank is very easy and it will not take much time to apply for a new Fastag online through IDBI Bank. After opening the official website of the IDBI Bank Fastag portal, you will have to follow the step-by-step procedure that shows up to you.
You will be asked to upload a few documents when you are going to apply for Fastag through IDBI Bank. Some of the documents that you may need for getting a new Fastag through IDBI Bank are:
- RC (Registration Certificate) of your vehicle
Passport Size Photograph of vehicle’s owner
- KYC Documents like:
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
Charges for buying Fastag from IDBI Bank
Many people wanted to buy Fastag from IDBI Bank, but don’t know how much money they will have to pay to buy it. A person looking to buy Fastag from Paytm will have to pay Rs. 400. The price of the Tag is not included in this amount. This actually includes a security deposit of Rs 250.
In addition to this, the minimum balance of the Fastag account i.e. Rs 150 is included in it.
How IDBI Bank Fastag Works?
- After receiving the Fastag at your mentioned address, you have to paste it on the windscreen of your vehicle.
- Now you have to add money to your IDBI Bank Fastag Wallet.
- When you enter a Fastag lane on any toll plaza, then the toll fees will automatically be deducted from your IDBI Bank Fastag account.
- Once the money gets deducted from your IDBI Bank Fastag account, then the toll plaza barrier will be opened automatically and you can proceed.
Benefits of IDBI Bank Fastag
- The main advantage of getting Fastag from IDBI Bank is that you will receive it in only 1-2 days after applying. You can also visit any IDBI Bank POS agent and get Fastag for your vehicle instantly.
- IDBI Bank Fastag users have to face many problems regarding Fastag very often, in such situations, you need help. The helpline service of IDBI Bank Fastag is also very good and you can contact their helpline agents any time to get help regarding Fastag-related issues.
- Unlike Fastag from other platforms, the benefit of IDBI Fastag is that the toll fees are not deducted from your bank account but it is deducted from your Fastag wallet. So your linked bank account is totally safe and secure.
- One of the top advantages of IDBI Bank Fastag is that it is very easy and simple to recharge. IDBI Bank Fastag users can recharge their Fastag through net banking, the UPI app, or through Paytm wallet.