While crossing the National Highways created by NHAI, you have to pay the toll tax on the toll plazas. This tax was paid through cash earlier and it used to take a lot of time while paying the toll tax offline through cash. But after introducing Fastag, people don’t have to stop at the toll plazas for paying toll fees.
Whenever you go to any toll plaza in India, then the Fastag attached to the windscreen of your vehicle will come in contact with the scanner installed at the toll collection centers. This Fastag works on a technology named Radio Frequency Identification technology i.e RFID. The Fastag pasted on your vehicle is scanned with the help of this RFID technology.
As per the orders by the Indian Government, every four-wheeler vehicle owner must have to open a Fastag account to pay toll tax at the toll plaza.
How to apply Fastag from the Bank of India (BOI)
You can purchase a Fastag from all toll plazas and POS locations of some selected banks. Fastag can also be purchased from some Petrol Pumps, Paytm, Google Pay, Phone Pe, Amazon, etc. You can contact these platforms for applying a Fastag for your vehicle. Some banks like Bank of India also give the Fastag customers facility for applying Fastag through their online website. All banks including the Bank of India have created sub-portals for applying Fastag. Here we will explain, how you can apply for a Fastag online from the Bank of India.
- To apply for the Fastag from Bank of India you have to visit the official website of the bank through this link: www.bankofindia.co.in
- By visiting the above link, you will be able to open a new account for Fastag through the Bank of India.
- Keep in mind that, you can create a new Fastag account at Bank of India only with the name of the person who is the registered owner of the vehicle for which the Fastag is to be applied.
- A new Fastag applicant will have to fill in an application form on the website of ‘Bank of India(BOI)’
- Bank of India Fastag portal requires the applicant to enter their personal details like Name, Address, Email Id, Mobile number.
- After entering the personal details, you will have to upload your KYC documents to the BOI portal.
- Users will also have to upload the front and back copy of their vehicle’s RC
- In the final step, you will have to make the payment for the Fastag application which is set up by the Bank of India.
- Payment can be done using Debit Card, Credit Card, Netbanking, etc.
- The process of applying Fastag from the Bank of India is now complete and the Fastag sticker will reach your address by post within 5-10 days.
Documents required for Bank of India(BOI) Fastag
A person needs the following documents for applying a Fastag through the Bank of India:
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle of Customer
- Passport size photograph of the owner
- KYC document of vehicle’s owner
- Residence(Address) proof of the owner of the vehicle
How to recharge Bank of India Fastag
Bank of India Fastag users can recharge their account by using any payment method like Debit card, credit card, Netbanking, etc.
Bank of India Fastag can also be recharge by using e-wallet services like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, BHIM UPI, etc. Various methods for Bank of India Fastag recharge are:
Bank of India Fastag recharge through website
- First, you have to visit the official website of the Bank of India by entering your Login id and wallet id.
- After login into the Bank of India Fastag portal, you will see a ‘Recharge’ option.
- Click on the ‘Recharge’ option and then choose the Fastag Wallet ID in which you want to enter the money.
- Then payment the recharge payment with any mode like Bank of India Netbanking, Credit card, Debit card, etc.
- Now your Bank of India Fastag recharge will be done.
Bank of India Fastag recharge using MyFastag app
Customers who purchase Fastag from the Bank of India have an alternative way to add money into their Fastag wallet. This is through MyFastag app. Steps to recharge Bank of India Fastag through MyFastag app are:
- First of all, download the MyFastag app into your Mobile phone from the play store if it is not already installed in it.
- Open the MyFastag app after installing it and then tap on the ‘Recharge via UPI’ option in the menu.
- A list of various banks will open in front of you from where you have to choose the ‘Bank of India’
- Now you will have to click Submit button after entering your vehicle’s number.
- Enter the amount you want to add to your Bank of India Fastag account
- After making the payment, your Bank of India Fastag will be recharged through MyFastag app.
Bank of India Fastag charges
If you have a four-wheeler vehicle and want to create a Fastag from the Bank of India, then you have to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 100 for getting a new Fastag. After paying this nominal fee and security fees which is Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 based on the type of vehicle, you can get a Fastag from the Bank of India. The cost of applying the Fastag from Bank of India and security fees is one time i.e you don’t have to pay this fee again and again. The minimum balance must also be maintained in your Fastag account opened with the Bank of India. There must be a minimum balance of Rs. 100 required to maintain in your Bank of India Fastag account. Bank of India Fastag holders can recharge their Fastag starting from Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh.
How to check Bank of India(BOI) Fastag balance
You can use one of the various available ways to check your Bank of India Fastag balance. These methods are mentioned below:
Checking Fastag balance through Bank of India website
As mentioned above, all banks including the Bank of India have their dedicated Fastag portals, so the most convenient and quickest method of checking the balance in your Fastag is through the official website of Bank of India. Steps to check Fastag balance through the Bank of India website are:
- Log in to the Bank of India website through Fastag login and wallet ID.
- After login, open the user interface or My account section of Bank of India.
- Here you will able to see the remaining balance in your Bank of India Fastag
Checking Bank of India Fastag balance through SMS
You can keep track of the balance in your Bank of India Fastag with the help of an SMS that is sent to your registered mobile number whenever a toll tax amount is deducted from your Fastag wallet. Although there is a limitation of this SMS facility that is you can’t check balance anytime because the balance will be received via SMS only when you cross through the toll plaza and pay the toll tax.
Checking Bank of India Fastag balance through MyFastag app
- Open the MyFastag app on your Mobile phone.
- Enter your login details in the app.
- You can check the balance in your Fastag purchased from BOI by selecting the ‘Balance’ option from the menu.
Bank of India Fastag benefits
- Fastag is a good step by the Government of India, for saving vehicle owner’s time consumed at the toll plazas.
- When you go to a toll plaza, then you don’t need to have to change money in your pocket.
- When you visit a toll plaza then you will also cross through a Fastag enable lane and there will be no long lines of vehicles.
- As you have to wait only for few minutes at the toll plazas, so it saves your fuel consumption.
- Once the money is deducted from your Bank of India Fastag account, you will receive the SMS on your mobile for every transaction.
- There is no scope of frauds at toll plazas because by using Fastag at the toll plazas all the transactions are transparent.
Bank of India Fastag(BOI) validity
The validity of Fastag issued by the Bank of India is 5 years from the date of issuing it. During this duration of five years, you have to renew it from the Bank of India if it is lost or damaged. The Bank of India Fastag only needs to recharge during this duration. Once this validity period of five years expires, then you have to get a new Fastag for your vehicle through the Bank of India.
Bank of India Fastag Customer Care
Fastag users can reach the customer support team at Bank of India anytime to get answers to their issues regarding their Fastag. Bank of India Customer support is available through phone and email.
Phone Number: 1800 103 1906
The preferred way of contacting the customer support team of Bank of India is through Phone. Because by calling the customer support team at Bank of India, the Fastag users will get a quick reply and get an immediate solution to their problem. By calling the customer support team of BOI at the above number will always find operators who are available to help you in clarifying your doubts or solving your Fastag related problems.
NHAI Toll-Free Number: 1033
Users can also call the toll free number provided by NHAI for any grievances related to their Fastag
Bank of India also offers customer support to its Fastag users through Email. Although the timings of getting a response through email are flexible and you will not get a response quickly, but you will surely get a response to your queries.