NPCI has recently added Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank to the list of banks which can issue Fastags to vehicle owners. With the inclusion of Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank, the list of Fastag providing banks has now been increased to 34. Here in this article we will explain in detail everything about How to apply Fastag from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank, how to recharge, how to check balance, and a lot more.
Before that, we will give a basic idea to our readers about what is Fastag and how it works.
What is a Fastag?
Often it happens to stop in long and exhausting queues at the toll booths on the National Highways to pay the toll, losing precious time. To shorten waiting times we are helped by electronic payment methods that replace cash, speed up transit, and reduce fuel consumption. This method is known a Fastag.
Fastag is an automatic motorway toll collection system initially launched in 2014 in India and is now used at all toll plazas of the country. Physically it is a rectangular sticker type device that, thanks to an RFID technology system, communicates with the motorway toll booth by sending a signal that raises the bar, registers the vehicle, and charges the toll directly from the Fastag account of the vehicle owner.
How to apply Fastag from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank(DNS)?
Fastag can be applied through various methods which are:
- Can apply Fastag from the official website of the bank
- Apply Fastag from the nearest branch of the bank
- Apply Fastag from the points of sales locations like Toll plazas, Petrol pumps, etc.
Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank is currently not providing the facility of applying Fastag through its official website. So for now, the only method to apply Fastag through Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank is by visiting its nearest branch and applying it offline.
Apply Fastag offline through Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank (DNS)
Below we will explain step by step process of how you can apply Fastag from the physical branch of Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank.
- First of all the vehicle owners have to visit the nearest branch of Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank.
- After visiting the branch of Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank, applicants have to demand the form of applying for a new Fastag.
- With the help of this application form, the applicant has to fill in all the details required for applying for a new Fastag.
- These details may include personal details like Name, Address, Mobile Number, Email id, vehicle number, etc.
- When you complete all the details in the form and fill it completely, you will have to make the payment and submit all the required documents.
- Submit the Fastag application form to the bank after verifying.
- You will receive the Fastag from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank very soon.
Applying Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank through POS
For the convenience of vehicle owners, the government has also announced that drivers can directly visit toll centers to get their Fastag. Like POS locations of various other banks, Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank has also set up POS at very toll plazas of the country. The central government has kept the facility of point of sale for these cards, that is, such centers have been set up from where any person can easily go and buy FASTag cards.
What are the documents required for Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag?
You need to submit the following documents for applying for Fastag through Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank.
- Passport size photographs of the owner of the vehicle.
- You need to submit the registration certificate of the vehicle for which you are applying Fastag. All types of registration documents related to the vehicle you own are required to be produced by you to get the Fastag.
- A photocopy of an Aadhar card or voter ID card is also required to be submitted.
- You will also have to submit a copy of the address proof for which you can provide a photocopy of your electricity bill, telephone bill, or any proof of local address to get a Fastag.
How to recharge Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank(DNS)?
As of now, it is not possible to recharge your Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank through the official Fastag portal of the bank, but still there are lots of options to recharge your Fastag.
Fastag users can recharge their Fastag purchased from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank by using any method depending upon their needs and convenience. There are many mobile payment platforms through which you can recharge your Fastag. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Recharge Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag using Paytm
- Recharge Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag using Google Pay
- Recharge Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag using PhonePe
Fastag users can recharge their Fastag by using Credit Card, Debit Card, Netbanking, UPI, etc. Fastag holders can add Rs. 100 to Rs. 1 Lakh as recharge amount in their Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag account.
What are charges of Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank
The cost or charges of purchasing Fastag from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank depends upon the type of service or Fastag your purchase. For different category vehicles, the fees are different.
Rs. 100 is charged by banks including Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank as fees for joining Fastag. After that Rs 200 to Rs 500 is charged as a tag deposit fee for issuing Fastag of different colors depending on the type of vehicle. The fee distribution of applying Fastag through Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank is given below:
Tag Joining fees
Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank will charge a once time tag joining fees of Rs. 100 for applying a new Fastag.
You will have to pay a very nominal security deposit of around 100 to Rs. 500 while applying Fastag. This security deposit is refunded to you when you close your Fastag account with Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank
A minimum balance needs to be maintained in your Fastag device that you purchase from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank. This Minimum balance is known as the Threshold amount. This can be from Rs. 0 to Rs. 500 again depending upon the type of the vehicle.
The overall fee structure of applying Fastag through Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank is mentioned in the below table.
|Tag Class||Description||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||Violet||200||200|
|4||TATA Ace and similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||Violet||200||100|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle / Mini Bus||Orange||300||100|
|6||Bus 3 Axle||Yellow||400||100|
|6||Truck 3 Axle||Yellow||500||100|
|7||Bus 2 Axle / Truck 2 Axle||Green||400||100|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer / Truck 4/ 5/ 6 Axle||Pink||500||100|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||Blue||500||100|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||Black||500||100|
After applying a Fastag, it remains valid for 5 years after which you have to get it reissued.
What are the benefits of Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank?
There are many benefits of applying Fastag from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank
- You can pay toll tax at all the toll plazas of India with one Fastag on your vehicle
- You can pay toll tax instantly without waiting for a long at the toll plazas.
- There is no need to have cash money with you.
- As the toll payment is paid instantly so it reduces the time and pollution also.
Fastag can now also be used for paying parking fees and many other services also.
How to check Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag balance?
Fastag was started to provide the facility of paying toll tax at the toll plazas quickly without waiting for long. Fastag has made toll collection very easy and it has proven a great way for vehicle owners to drive rapidly through the National Highways. To use the services of Fastag there must be a minimum balance in your Fastag wallet. It is therefore must to have an idea of your Fastag balance all the time. You can check the balance of your Fastag purchased from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank in many ways, which are mentioned below:
Check Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag balance using MyFastag app
- Open Playstore or App Store on your mobile phone.
- After that, download ‘My Fastag App’ on your phone.
- When you have downloaded the My Fastag app, you have to log in by entering your login detail.
- After login, you will enter into your account and will be able to check the balance in your Fastag which you have purchased from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank.
Check Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag balance using Miss Call Alert
NHAI has issued a Miss call alert facility for the Fastag users. NHAI has released a number: +91-8884333331. When a user who has purchased Fastag from Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank, gives a miss call on the above number, then the call is cut off automatically and a message will be sent on the registered mobile number of the Fastag user. This message contains all the information about the balance in your Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag.
Check Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag balance through Miss Call Alert
When you cross a toll plaza with Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag attached to it, then the payment is automatically deducted from your Fastag account. After this automatic deduction of toll fees, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number in which the balance in your Fastag is mentioned.
How to activate Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank blacklisted Fastag
Once your purchase a Fastag from any bank including Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank you have to activate it and then you can install it on the windscreen of your vehicle. After pasting the Fastag on your vehicle, you can pay the toll tax automatically while crossing a toll plaza. But for this, there must be enough balance in it and you have to recharge your Fastag regularly. If you come close to a toll plaza but there is no sufficient balance in your Fastag wallet, then you can not make the payment at the toll plaza and your Fastag will be blacklisted.
You may also sometimes have to make double toll payments. So if you don’t want to face such a situation and want to re-activate your blacklisted Fastag, then you should recharge it again immediately.
A Fastag is issued for a single vehicle and it can’t be used for any other vehicle. Any attempt to use a Fastag purchased for one vehicle on another vehicle can also make it blacklisted. Therefore care must be taken to avoid such kinds of situations.
Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
If you facing any problem related to your Fastag, then you can easily contact the customer support of Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank for which there are many options which are mentioned below:
Toll-Free Number – 1800-233-1700
If we prefer to have direct contact with a person, rather than writing, then you can contact an operator with a phone call by using this toll-free number 1800-233-1700. The number is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Email address – [email protected]
You can send an email to this email address [email protected]. By sending an email you can write your problem in detail and expect a reply very soon.
You can also contact the customer support team of Dombivli Nagari Sahakari Bank Fastag by filling out a contact form. You can access the contact form by clicking here