If you have a four-wheeler vehicle and Fastag activated for that vehicle, then you must take care of that when you sold out your vehicle, you must deactivate or block the Fastag installed on your vehicle. If you don’t block the Fastag pasted on your vehicle, then money will be deducted from your own Fastag account when that vehicle crosses a toll plaza.
There are many ways to deactivate your Fastag account, but here in this article, we will focus on explaining how you can block your Fastag in Paytm. Before that, we will give short information about why it is required to block your Fastag account.
Why it is required to block your Fastag Account?
When you sell your four-wheeler vehicle on which you were using Fastag for paying the toll tax at the toll plazas, then this information is for you.
After selling a vehicle to someone and transferring ownership to that person, you must block or deactivate your Fastag account immediately in order to stop deducting the toll fees from your account.
Another reason it is required to block your old Fastag account after selling your vehicle is that until the old Fastag account is not blocked or deactivated, the person you sold the vehicle is not able to register or purchase a new one Fastag for that vehicle.
You are required to cancel or deactivate the Fastag purchased from any service provider, not only the one purchased from Paytm. Now we will move straight to how you can block your Fastag in Paytm
How to Block Fastag in Paytm App?
Paytm is one of many service providers which are licensed to issue Fastag for four or more wheeled vehicles. Paytm not only gives the facility of purchasing a new Fastag but also helps you to recharge a Fastag purchased from any other service provider.
As mentioned above, you have to block your Fastag purchased from any service provider including Paytm, when you sell your vehicle. To block your Fastag in Paytm, you have to follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of Paytm in your mobile/desktop or open the Paytm app.
- Login to your Paytm account if you are not already logged in.
- After login, you will see the ‘Ticket & Booking’ option on the home page.
- You will see the ‘Manage Fastag’ option under ‘Ticket & Booking’
- Clicking on the ‘Manage Fastag’ option will open up a list of all the Fastag accounts which are linked to your Paytm account.
- Choose the desired Fastag account which you want to block, from this list of Fastag accounts.
- Mention the reason for blocking your Fastag account. eg. you can write ‘I have sold my vehicle, so want to close the Fastag account associated with this Paytm’ account.
- Now click on the ‘Confirmation’ button to continue with closing your Paytm Fastag account.
- Your request for blocking your Fastag account will be submitted and the account will be deactivated soon.
How to block Fastag for Other Banks?
If you have purchased your Fastag from any other service provider than Paytm, then you can block it by following one of the various methods listed below:
Contact Customer Support
If your Fastag is purchased from any bank other than Paytm, then you should first contact the customer support service of that bank to block or close your linked Fastag account.
By calling the customer helpline of that bank, you will be guided in detail about the process of blocking your Fastag account.
You can also contact the toll-Free helpline number 1033 which is issued by NHAI for any Fastag-related problems.
Block Fastag through the Website of the service provider
Another easy way to block the Fastag purchased from any bank is to log in to the official Fastag portal of that bank. After login, you will have to follow some steps through which you can easily block your Fastag account within a few minutes.
A Fastag account can also be blocked through the mobile app of that particular bank that has issued Fastag for your vehicle.