If you have a vehicle and purchased Fastag for it, then with the help of Paytm you can check the details of all transactions done at the toll plazas through Fastag. In this article, we will explain in detail how you can check the transaction history of Fastag in Paytm. Before that, we will give a brief overview of What is Fastag transaction history.
What is Fastag Transaction History?
Once you have purchased a Fastag for your vehicle, you will need to check the status of your balance in the Fastag and transactions done through this. In this regard, service providers like Paytm provide an account statement. This is basically an official document issued by Paytm or any other Fastag service provider. This document contains all the activities or transactions which are done in a specific period of time from your Fastag account. This document is also known as Fastag Statement or Transaction history.
With the help of this transaction history statement, you can check all the transactions performed from your Fastag account and can keep track of them.
Fastag transaction history is simply in a table or list form in which all the transactions are marked in reverse order starting from the last day of the month on top to the first day.
The Fastag transaction history or Fastag statement contains the following information:
- Trip Date
- Location (Where transaction made)
- Tag Serial No.
- Toll amount deducted
- Description of the transaction
In the Paytm Fastag statement, the transactions history is listed in a comprehensive way so that you can get a clear idea of all the activities done through your Fastag.
Steps to Check Fastag Transaction History in Paytm?
Follow the below steps to check the Fastag transaction history in Paytm.
- First of all, you have to open the Paytm App on your Mobile Phone.
- Login to your Paytm account after entering your login details.
- After login, you will see the ‘Ticket Booking’ section on the home screen after scrolling a little down.
- Under the ‘Ticket Booking’ section, you will see the ‘Manage Fastag’ option.
- You can also find the ‘Manage Fastag’ section directly by searching the ‘Search Box’ located at the top right-hand side.
- After locating the ‘Manage Fastag’ option, you have to tap on this option.
- A new screen will open up where you can check all the recent transaction done through your Paytm Fastag.
- If you want to check the Fastag transaction history for a long time say 2-3 months, then you have to click on the ‘Request Statement’ option.
There is also another way to check the Fastag transaction history through Paytm which is explained below:
- Open and Login Paytm App on your mobile phone.
- After login, you will see the ‘Passbook’ section under the ‘My Paytm’ heading.
- Under the ‘Passbook’ section, there is a ‘Balance & History’ section.
- Tap on this option.
- You will be moved to a new screen where you will see the ‘Account Balance & History’ heading.
- By scrolling a little down, you will see the ‘Payment History’ section.
- Under this section, all the transactions done through your Paytm Wallet including the Fastag transactions are listed.
Using Paytm Wallet for FASTag Transactions
When you purchase a new Fastag from Paytm and install it on your vehicle, then your Fastag account will be linked to the Paytm wallet directly. Once Fastag is linked to the Paytm wallet, then you can perform all the Fastag related transactions at the toll plazas directly through Paytm Wallet balance.
After Fastag is linked to the Paytm wallet it is not required to attach or link your Fastag with any bank account. Also, you are not required to add money or recharge your Fastag account separately for making the toll transactions.
But for this automatic transaction of Fastag to happen, you must have verified your KYC with Paytm and also there must be a minimum balance in your Paytm wallet. If there is a low balance in your Paytm wallet, then you will not be allowed to make the payment at the toll plazas.
The benefit of Paytm wallet is that there is no need to maintain separate accounts for Fastag transactions and other online transactions. With the help of a single Paytm Wallet, you can perform all your transactions.