Even if you don’t have a four-wheeler vehicle, you might notice that a new type of device ie. Fastag is attached to the windscreen of the four-wheeler vehicles because this device has been made mandatory by the NHAI for all vehicles. Many vehicle owners purchase Fastag for their vehicles but have no idea about how to recharge it. So before explaining the process of recharging your Fastag, we will first give a brief overview of What is a Fastag and how to use it.
The number of four-wheeled vehicles is increasing day by day all over the world including India. Due to the increasing number of vehicles in the country, there are long traffic jams on the toll plazas at the National Highways. So the vehicle owners have to wait a long for pay the toll fees.
To solve this traffic jam-related problem and to provide convenience to the vehicle owners for paying toll tax, the Government of India and National Highways Authority of India have given the permission of paying the toll tax through a new electronic system which is known as Fastag. Fastag is based on Radio Frequency identification technology i.e RFID through which the sensors at the toll plazas detect the Fastag on your four-wheeler vehicle and automatically charge the toll fees.
Fastag is now compulsory for all four or more wheeled vehicles to pay the toll fees at the toll plazas. Fastag saves both money and time by avoiding queues at the toll plazas.
To use a Fastag first of all you have to create a new Fastag account i.e have to apply a new Fastag from any authorized platform as mentioned below. After getting a new Fastag you have to attach it on the windshield of your vehicle and then activate it..
In order for Fastag to work at the toll plazas for making the toll payment, it is necessary to do time to time recharge in it. So if you are searching for how to add money into your Fastag or recharge it, then we want to let you know that there are a lot of methods to recharge the Fastag. But here in this article, we will explain how you can recharge your Fastag without using your Vehicle number.
Steps to recharge Fastag without using the Vehicle number
There are various platforms like banks, online payment apps, and point of sales locations from where you can purchase a Fastag for your vehicle. No matters from which platform you purchase a Fastag, you can recharge it from any bank or mobile platform app.
Many popular banks of India like SBI, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, and mobile payment apps like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, etc give the option to recharge your Fastag. But in most of these platforms, you need your vehicle registration number to make recharge into your Fastag prepaid account. But we will give an insight to our users about how they can do recharge in their Fastag without having the need of vehicle number.
Below we are explaining the step-by-step process of recharging the Fastag purchased from any bank without using the Vehicle number.
- Open the official Fastag portal of any bank by entering your username and password.
- Once you are logged in, you will enter into your Fastag profile.
- In your account’s Fastag profile, you will see the ‘Fastag recharge’ option.
- Click on this ‘Recharge’ option.
- After clicking on the ‘Recharge’ option you will see a lot of Wallet numbers
- From these Wallet Numbers, you have to choose your Fastag Wallet ID without entering your vehicle number.
- After that, you will see an account box, where you have to fill the amount that you want your Fastag to be recharged with.
- Now a pop-up will appear where you have to click. Upon that payment page opens in a new window.
- Here you can make the recharge payment using any payment mode like Credit Card, Debit Card, Net banking, UPI, etc.
- Your Fastag will now be recharged without using the Vehicle number.