IDFC Fastag is a device that uses RFID technology for receiving toll payments at toll plazas. By using IDFC Fastag you can make toll payments digitally and the payment is deducted automatically from your IDFC Bank Fastag account. As IDFC bank Fastag is a device that needs to be recharged, in this article, we will focus on how you can recharge your Fastag purchased from IDFC Bank through Google Pay.
Table of Contents
How to recharge IDFC First Bank Fastag using Google Pay
If you have installed Google Pay App on your mobile phone and created an account on it, then you can very easily recharge your IDFC Fastag through it. To recharge IDFC Fastag with Google Pay, you will have to link your FASTag account to Google Pay. Here are the steps that you can follow to recharge your IDFC Fastag through Google Pay
- First of all open the Google Pay App on your Mobile Phone
- Now click on the New Payment Option.
- You will see the Fastag option in the Bill payment section
- Click on the Fastag Recharge Option
- You will see a list of banks that issues Fastag. Fastag issued by the following banks are listed there: Axis bank, Baroda Bank, Equitas Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC bank, ICICI bank, IDFC bank, IHMCL NHAI, Indusind bank, J & K bank, in the Google Pay app.
- Now click on the IDFC Bank if you have purchased your Fastag from IDFC Bank.
- After this, you have to enter your vehicle number and click on Payments with Bank account.
- Your IDFC Bank FASTag will be recharged after the payment is completed.
- The main thing to note here is that you can also check your FASTag account balance.
The UPI handle of your Fastag recharge will be netc.123456789@idfc, no matter whether your Fastag is issued by any bank, you can recharge online Fastag using Google Pay.
For example, if your FASTag is issued by IDFC Bank and your vehicle number is MH 02 B 5214, then your UPI VPA (Virutal Private Address) or UPI ID or UPI handle would be netc.mh38b5244@idfc.
What is IDFC Bank Fastag?
Due to problems with the collection of toll at toll plazas on the National Highways of India, the Fastag system has been introduced. With the help of Fastag, vehicle owners can pay taxes at the toll plaza without stopping there. For this, Fastag has to be applied to your vehicle and can be purchased from a bank like IDFC bank.
IDFC Bank Fastag is Applied to the Front Glass of your vehicle and it uses RFID technology. As your vehicles approaches the toll plaza, the sensor on the toll plaza comes in contact with Fastag and the toll plazas deduct toll tax from your Fastag account.
IDFC Bank Fastag not only solves the problems of traffic jams at the National Highways but it also helps in making traveling convenient as there will be less consumption of fuel because of no need to stop in queues at the toll plazas for a long time. Fastag has now been implemented in almost all highways in the country and the Indian Government has already announced that, if Fastag is not installed on any vehicle, then the vehicle owner has to pay double toll tax as a penalty.
At this time Fastag can be purchased from more than 30 authorized banks in India, Petrol Pumps, toll plazas, other POS (Point of Sales), and various digital e-wallet Apps like Google Pay. With the help of the Google Pay App, it is very easy to buy Fastag as well as recharge it.
In order to facilitate Fastag users, e-wallet service, Google Pay has introduced a new feature in its App. Now the App has added a UPI recharge option into it. With the help of this feature, Fastag users can recharge their Fastag at any time and anywhere and also have no need to face the inconvenience at the toll plazas.
Documents required for Fastag Using Google Pay
You need the following documents for creating Fastag using Google Pay
- Registration Certificate of Vehicle (RC)
- Colored Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC Documents of the vehicle owner. The KYC documents may include Driving
- License, PAN Card, Voter Card, Aadhar Card, etc.
Benefits of Using IDFC Bank Fastag
- The biggest advantage of buying IDFC Bank Fastag is that there is no need to wait in long lines on the toll plaza. Because of the convenience of payment, there is no need to keep cash with
- Paperwork is also reduced on toll plazas.
- Pollution is also reduced because there are now no big lines of vehicles in the lane.
- Less consumption of fuel
- Many types of cashback and other offers are also available with the use of Fastag.
UPI Enabled Banks List
|Bajaj Finserv Direct Ltd
|State Bank of India
|Kotak Mahindra Bank
|Make My Trip
|Bank of Baroda
|State Bank of India