If you want to use the service of Fastag at the toll plazas, then it is necessary that your Fastag must have a minimum recharge amount in it. In this article, we will explain complete information and step by step process of how to recharge your Fastag through various methods.
Fastag Recharge using SBI Netbanking
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag through Netbanking
- First of all, you have to log in to the Netbanking account of your Bank by entering your login details.
- After login, you will notice the “BillPay & Recharge” section.
- Here you have to click on the “Continue” button.
- Thereafter you will see the ‘Pay’ option.
- You will have to choose the ‘Fastag’ icon below ‘Pay’ option.
- After clicking on the ‘Fastag’ icon you have to choose the bank for which you want to recharge your Fastag eg. SBI.
- In the next step, you will have to enter your vehicle’s Registration Number or Fastag Wallet ID.
- Then you will have to click on ‘Pay’ option.
- A new window will open up, where you can see the pending balance in your Fastag account.
- You will see a ‘Payment Amount’ field where you will have to enter the amount that you want your SBI Fastag to be reloaded with.
- After choosing the payment option, make the payment.
- Your Fastag recharge will be done through SBI Netbanking.
Fastag Recharge using SBI Mobile Banking
To recharge your Fastag through MobileBanking, you have to follow the below steps:
- Enter your credentials to log in the Mobile Banking of your SBI.
- After login, you will see ‘Pay’ option.
- After clicking on ‘Pay’ option, you will see the ‘Add Biller’ option..
- Clicking on the ‘Add Biller’ option will show you fields to enter the details about your vehicle.
- Enter your vehicle details in these fields.
- Now Choose the ‘Fastag’ icon.
- After choosing ‘Fastag’ icon a dropdown list of various Fastag provider banks appears.
- From this list, you have to select your bank i.e SBI for example.
- Now enter your vehicle’s registration number, wallet id et and then click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- You should verify all entered details and then tick on the ‘T&C’ Box.
- After completing the above steps, click on the ‘Confirm’ option.
- Now you have selected the ‘Biller Name’ to add money to your Fastag account.
- Fill in the recharge amount that you want to enter into your Fastag wallet.
- From the list of various given payment methods, choose your desired one and then complete the payment.
- Your Fastag recharge will now be complete using SBI MobileBanking.
Fastag Recharge using SBI YONO SBI
One of the easiest and quickest methods of recharging your Fastag is through SBI mobile app i.e PayZapp. By using a mobile app, you can recharge your Fastag at any time and anywhere. Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag through the SBI YONO SBI.
- Enter your login and password to log in to the SBI YONO SBI.
- After login, you will see the ‘Recharge/BillPay” option.
- Then you are required to click on ‘Fastag’ icon which you can find under the “Utility/BillPay” section.
- Again select your bank from the list, which is SBI in our example.
Click on the confirm button after entering your Vehicle Registration number or Wallet ID.
- From the list of various banks, select your desired bank i.e SBI Fastag Option.
- Enter the registration number of the vehicle, whose Fastag you want to recharge.
- On the next screen various details about your vehicle and your personal details can be seen like: Current Balance, Vehicle Owner Number, etc.
- Now enter the desired recharge amount and make the payment after which your Fastag recharge will be one using the SBI YONO SBI.
Fastag Recharge Using UPI Applications
There are many mobile payment apps available which you can download on your Mobile Phones and perform various transactions with just one click. Another advantage of these mobile payment applications is that you can now recharge your Fastag also through these apps. You can recharge your Fastag through various popular UPI apps like Paytm, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, PhonePe etc.
- Download and install any UPI mobile app on your mobile.
- After installing any app, open it and log in by entering your login details.
- Now you will have to choose the ‘Pay by UPI ID’ option.
- Then you have to enter VPA i.e Virtual Private Address.
- In the next step, you have to enter VPA which has a format like this netc.DL21BD2453@oksbi
- A set of further instructions will appear that you have to follow in order to complete your Fastag recharge payment through UPI.
Fastag Recharge using Official Website
Another option to recharge your Fastag is through the official website of the bank like SBI. Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag through the website of the bank.
- Visit the official Fastag portal of the bank from which you have purchased your Fastag eg. SBI.
- After opening the official website of the bank, you have to log in by entering your login details.
- Once you are logged into the Fastag account of your bank, you will see ‘Recharge Icon’
- A field to enter the Recharge amount will be visible to you.
- Here you have to enter the details about your vehicle and the recharge amount.
- Now, make the recharge payment by choosing any method of payment.
- Your Fastag recharge will be done now using Bank’s Website.
What is Fastag and why it is required to recharge Fastag?
If you have a four-wheeler vehicle then you must know about Fastag and its need at the toll plazas and various other places in India. Fastag is basically a simple and easy-to-use electronic device that is installed on the windshield of your vehicle to enable the automatic payment of toll tax.
Fastag enables the automatic deduction of toll fees when your vehicle is enabled with Fastag crosses any toll plaza in India. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, India made the Fastag mandatory for all vehicles after 15 Feb 2022. So for all vehicles to make the toll payment at the toll plazas, they have to install Fastag on the windshield of their vehicle.
If there is not enough balance in your Fastag while crossing a toll plaza, then you will have to pay double toll tax. Therefore it is necessary to maintain sufficient balance in your Fastag and recharge it timely by using any of the above-mentioned methods.