Since its invention and launch by NHAI, the Fastag has improved the lives of people especially those who own a four-wheeled vehicle. Fastag has benefited most to all those four-wheeler vehicle owners who go to work daily through their vehicle and crosses toll plazas on the way.
When Fastag was first launched in 2014, it was not mandatory and therefore was not much popular. But when it was made mandatory after 15 Feb 2021, it gained huge popularity in a quick time. Here in this article, we will explore in detail what is Fastag and how you can apply it online
Fastag is a vehicle sticker that is pasted on the windscreen of a four-wheeled vehicle and it allows vehicle owners to bypass the long queues at the toll plazas to pay the toll tax immediately. Fastag is very beneficial for those who have to travel a long distance daily on their vehicle as it saves a lot of time at the toll plazas.
The Fastag consists of RFID technology that connects with the RFID technology of the sensors at the toll plazas. This sends a signal, immediately records the information about the vehicle, and deducts the toll fees automatically from the Fastag pre-paid account.
How to apply Fastag from Indian Bank
Fastag has quickly become an essential service for all four-wheeler vehicle owners and it is now a part of their daily journey.
The best way to apply for a Fastag is online simply by going to the official website of a bank and fill an application form that can found on the home page of the Fastag portal.
To apply for a Fastag from the bank you just need to hold an account with that bank(If you don’t have one, then you can also apply it).
Fastag can be applied from the Point of Sales(POS) centers of the banks, petrol pumps, and toll plazas. There are many other options available to apply a Fastag and these include mobile payment apps like Amazon Pay, GooglePay, Paytm, etc.
Here we will explain the steps to recharge your Fastag from bank online
- To apply the Fastag from Indian Bank, you have to open a pre-paid account by visiting the official website of the bank i.e https://www.indianbank.net.in/
- The applicant must note that, for creating a Fastag with Indian Bank, there is no need to have the account in Indian Bank
- In the application form of Indian, Bank Fastag enter the personal details eg. Name, Address, Date of Birth, Mobile number, email id, etc.
- Now enter the information regarding KYC documents like Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, etc
- After that enter, the Registration number of the vehicle, upload the KYC documents, and scanned a copy of RC with Indian Bank
- Now the next step is to make the payment required by Indian Bank
- After the application form is filled up, submit it and then your Fastag account with Indian Bank will be created.
Documents required for Indian Bank Fastag
If you want to make a Fastag from Indian Bank, then you may need the following documents.
- You must have the Registration Certificate i.e RC of your vehicle for which you want to make the Fastag
- A passport size photograph of the vehicle owner is also required
- You need to submit the KYC documents while applying Fastag, These KYC documents depend upon the category of the vehicle.
How to recharge Indian Bank Fastag
Today the internet has made our life so easy that most of our works for which we earlier had to go outside can be done easily from our mobile or computers. Phone recharge, DTH recharge, electricity bill payments are a few of the tasks that can be now done online. Fastag is another feature that has been added to this list that can be recharged from your mobile.
There are many ways to recharge your Bank Fastag eg. through GooglePay, PhonePe, Paytm. The process of recharging Fastag from all these apps is almost the same. You just have to choose which platform to choose for the recharge. These mobile payment apps are very good platforms for recharging your Bank Fastag
Another way to recharge your Fastag is through the official website of the Bank. These days every bank is giving the option to recharge Fastag. All banks have a dedicated Fastag portal through which the users can recharge their Fastag. The biggest benefit of recharging your Fastag from a bank is that you don’t have to depend upon any other platform, you just have to log in to the official website of the Bank and get your recharge done in only a few minutes.
The Indian Bank is currently not providing the option to recharge Fastag from its website, but there are other ways to recharge your Indian Bank Fastag
Indian Bank Fastag recharge using UPI App
First of all, you have to download any UPI app like Paytm, Google Pay on your mobile phone
- After downloading and installing the UPI app, open it.
- Recharging Fastag through all UPI apps is almost the same with only a few differences
- When you open UPI app, will see a ‘Pay’ button there.
- After clicking on this Pay button you have to enter your UPI id which is like this Netc.VehicleNumber@BankUPIHandle
- The BankUPIHandle will consist of the name of the bank that has issued the Fastag i.e Indian Bank in our case.
For example, the UPI ID for Indian Bank will be in this form NETC.HR25ST0251@indianbank
- When you have enter the UPI ID, you will have to enter the recharge amount that you want to add in your Indian Bank Fastag wallet.
- After entering the recharge amount click on Pay, then the amount will be deducted from your linked bank account and your Indian Bank Fastag will be recharged.
Recharging Indian Bank Fastag using MyFastag app
Your Indian Bank Fastag can also be recharge using the MyFastag app. Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag using MyFastag app.
- First of all download and install the MyFastag app from the Google play store.
- Here you will see the ‘Recharge via UPI’ option.
- After clicking on this option you will see a list of banks. From this list, you have to choose Indian Bank.
- When you select ‘Indian Bank’ from the list, you will have to click on submit after entering the vehicle number and other details.
- After that, you will see the VPA i.e virtual private address
- Here you have to validate and verify the vehicle number.
- Now you have to enter the recharge amount and then make the payment using the linked bank account eg. Indian Bank.
- After making the payment your Indian Bank Fastag will be recharge using MyFastag app.
How to check Indian Bank Fastag balance
You can get all the details about your Indian Bank Fastag from home. Indian Bank provides a lot of facilities to its Fastag customers and one of such facilities is checking the balance of their Fastag wallet either online or through a miss call facility.
For checking the Fastag balance, the Bank users don’t have to visit the branch of the bank, they can check the balance online by visiting the Fastag portal of the bank. Since the trend of phone banking has increased, many people do all their banking work sitting at home.
Like registering a mobile number in any bank account, transfer money online or to recharge their mobile or doing other recharges including Fastag.
With the help of net banking of Indian Bank, you can check the details of your Fastag as well as the balance in it. .In this section we are going to tell our readers some important ways to check the remaining money in your Bank Fastag account. Below we have explained the steps to check your Indian Bank Fastag from various methods
Checking Fastag Balance using the MyFastag app
NHAI has launched the MyFastag app which works for both Android and ios mobiles.
- Depending upon which type of mobile device you have, download MyFastag on it.
- After downloading MyFastag app log in and go to your profile
- When you go to your Profile, then you can check the balance in your Indian Bank Fastag.
Checking Indian Bank Fastag balance through Miss Call Facility
Indian Bank Fastag customers can get the benefit of the Miss call service provided by the bank to check the balance in their Fastag Wallet. For this, they have to give a miss call to this number +91-88843 33331 to receive an SMS on the mobile number that will contain the balance pending in the Bank Fastag account.
Check Indian Bank Fastag balance using SMS service
Indian Bank Fastag customers can also avail the facility of checking the Fastag balance through SMS which has been provided by the bank. Actually this message with the balance of the Fastag will be sent to the user’s registered mobile number when he crosses a toll plaza and makes the toll payment.
Indian Bank Fastag Charges
Fastag is a big boon for four-wheeler vehicle owners as it makes the toll payment very comfortable. But do you know that for purchasing a Fastag from any platform including Indian Bank you have to pay some charges? Some banks or e-wallet platforms claim to offer the Fastag free to the new customer. But be aware of such type of claims as most banks initially offers the Fastag service in Free but there various hidden charges included in it.
Bank requires a new customer to pay an initial Tag joining fees of Rs. 100, a security deposit of Rs. 200 to 500 and Rs. 100 as the minimum recharge or threshold amount
Benefits of Indian Bank Fastag
Many benefits of getting a Fastag from Indian Bank are:
- The first benefit of Fastag is that, as there are dedicated lanes at the toll plazas so a vehicle owner doesn’t have to stop there.
- With no queues at the toll plazas, Fastag speed up the payment
- Fastag saves both time and fuel for the vehicle owners
- Fastag makes toll collection management very easy.
- A Fastag user can regularly keep track of all his transactions through SMS alerts
How to activate Blacklisted Indian Bank Fastag
If an Indian Bank Fastag user is not able to maintain the minimum amount in his Fastag, then his Fastag will be deactivated and it will be put on the blacklist. So if you are not maintaining the minimum recharge amount in your Indian Bank Fastag then it will be blocked and you will not be able to use it. It means that the toll payment can’t be done at the toll plazas if your Fastag is on a blacklist.
So to unblock the Indian Bank Fastag and remove it from the blacklist, users have to recharge it. After recharging, the Fastag will be removed from the blacklist and can be reused for the transaction at the toll plazas.
Using the Fastag issued by Indian Bank for one vehicle on another vehicle can also be the reason for blacklisting which can be avoided by using the Fastag in a proper way.
Indian Bank Fastag Customer Care Number
The Indian Bank Fastag helpdesk is easily accessible for customers. It’s possible to get an immediate response to a Fastag related query via the 24/7 toll-free telephone helpline and email support is also available.
Customers can also get answers to issues related to Fastag very quickly. So if you have a question to ask related to Fastag, you shouldn’t hesitate to get in touch with the customer support agent of Indian Bank.
If you have any doubts about Fastag like how to apply, recharge, check balance, etc you may first consult the Indian Bank Customer support team through toll-free number.
- Indian Bank Fastag Toll-Free Number: 1800 4250 0000
- Indian Bank Fastag Email: [email protected]