The Road Transport Ministry of India has implemented a new toll collection system in the country in collaboration with NHAI ie. National Highways Authority of India. This new toll collection system is known as Fastag and it is totally electronic. The main objective of this toll collection system is to reduce traffic jams at the toll plazas, to reduce the time of paying toll fees, and a lot more.
There are 142,126 km of highways in the country as per the stats of 2019. Millions of vehicles including four and more wheeled vehicles cross these highways every day. While crossing these highways four-wheeler vehicles have to pay the toll fees when they come across the toll plazas.
A lot of time is consumed when the vehicle owners have to wait in the long queues while crossing these toll plazas because they either have to make the toll payment through cash or through cards.
This article is about how you can check the balance of a Fastag through PhonePe. But before that, we will give an overview of What is a Fastag, how it works, and where to purchase it.
What is Fastag
In order to reduce the waiting time at the toll plazas, NHAI initiated the digital payment system of Fastag. The working of Fastag is very simple. It is a sticker-like device that comes in a rectangular shape. The Fastag device is attached to the windshield of your four-wheeler vehicle and the Radio Frequency Identification Technology i.e RFID used in it comes in contact with the sensors installed at the toll plazas.
This communication between the Fastag device and the sensors or antennas at the toll plazas allows the vehicle owners to pay toll fees without having a long pause. The sensors at the toll plazas immediately detect the Fastag on your vehicle and the money is deducted from the Fastag pre-paid account. Due to this immediate deduction of toll fees, the vehicles don’t have to wait in long lines which automatically reduces the congestions at the toll plazas.
How to get a Fastag from PhonePe
Fastag device is necessary for all four-wheeled vehicles after 15 Feb 2021. Therefore if you have not purchased a Fastag for your vehicle then you have to get it as soon as possible because you can’t pay toll tax now without Fastag. So if are looking for a new Fastag for your vehicle, then there are a lot of options.
There are more than 30 banks and many mobile payment apps that are given permission by NHAI to provide Fastag. You can contact these banks like SBI, HDFC, ICICI Bank, and payment apps like PhonePe to apply for a new Fastag.
Purchasing Fastag from mobile payment services like PhonePe is very simple and convenient as you can apply Fastag from your home through mobile or computer. There is no need to visit any office.
Steps to Check Fastag balance through PhonePe
Fastag is a prepaid Wallet and like any bank’s account, you must have ample balance in your Fastag account, if you want to use its services. The reason for having a sufficient balance in your Fastag account is that if there is a low balance in it then you won’t be allowed to make the toll payments and your Fastag may get blacklisted due to insufficient balance.
To use the services offered by Fastag, you must make sure that there is always a minimum balance in it. To avoid a low balance in the Fastag account, you must keep checking it regularly.
For checking the balance in your Fastag wallet, you don’t have to leave your house as there are many ways to check the Fastag balance online. Like you can apply a Fastag online from PhonePe, you can check the balance in it either by using the PhonePe website or the PhonePe app.
Follow the below steps to check the Fastag balance through PhonePe.
- First of all, open the PhonePe app on your mobile phone and login if you are not already logged in.
- After login, you will notice an option ‘See All’
- Touch or tap this option and then you see the option ‘Manage Fastag’
- After tapping the ‘Manage Fastag’ option, you will have to search for the bank which has issued Fastag for you.
- The Fastag issuing bank can also be searched from the search box.
- When you see your bank, you have to select this bank and then enter details about your vehicle eg. the Registration number of your vehicle or Wallet ID.
- After entering the vehicle’s registration number or Wallet ID you will have to click on the ‘Confirm button’
- Once you click on the Confirm button you will see all the information about your Fastag account.
- The Bill Details of your Vehicle will appear to you.
- This Bill Detail contains information like Customer Number, Fastag Balance, and Maximum Recharge Amount.
- You can also choose to recharge your Fastag with amounts like ₹500, ₹2000, ₹3000.
- So you will your Fastag balance under the ‘Bill Details’ section.
By following the above mentioned steps you can check the balance of your Fastag through PhonePe.
So in this way, you can check the balance of your Fastag account by using the steps mentioned above.
Which bank Partnered up with PhonePe for FASTag?
PhonePe has tied up ICICI Bank to provide Fastag for the vehicle owners. You can follow the below steps to apply ICICI Bank Fastag through PhonePe.
- Click on the ‘Recharge and Pay Bills’ section under ‘See All’ option.
- Here you will see ‘Buy Fastag’ option under teh ‘Purchases’ section.
- You will have to enter your details like Vehicle Registration Number, PAN Number, mobile number and then click on Continue option.
- A new window will open up where you have to enter the model and make of your vehicle.
- After that you have to click on ‘Continue’
- You have to upload the Scanned copy of your vehicle’s RC, if it is not already registered.
Then you will have to enter your personal details like Name, Mobile Number etc and then click on Continue.
- After entering your delivery address you have to click on ‘Continue’ option.
- Check all the entered details and click on ‘Proceed to Pay’ option after accepting the Terms & Conditions.
- Make the payment after selecting your payment menthod.
What are the charges for buying a Phonepe FASTag?
The purchase charges of ₹499.12* can be split up into:
Issuance fee – ₹99.12
Min balance (usable at tolls) – ₹200
PhonePe FASTag customer care number
- 080-68727374 / 022-68727374
Other Related Pages:
- How to Transfer Fastag Balance to your Bank Account
- How to Check Online SBI Fastag Balance
- How to Check Online Cosmos Bank Fastag Balance
- How to Check Online Paytm Payments Bank Fastag Balance
- How to check FASTag balance in Google Pay
- How to Check FASTag Balance in Airtel App
How to Download PhonePe Fastag Statement
- Open the PhonePe app in your Mobile Phone.
- Click on the ‘Show your Transanction History‘ option.
- After clicking on the above option, you have to click on the transanction made for ICICI Bank Fastag.
- Here you will see ‘Bill Invoice of ICICI Bank‘
- It will show all the recent transanctions that you have made for the ICICI Bank Fastag (or particular bank from which you have purchased your Fastag).
- You can check your Fastag statement here.
- To download the Fastag statement you can visit the official website of ICICI Bank (or any bank from which you have purchased your Fastag)
Fastag Banks List with customer Care Number
|Bank||Customer Care Helpline
||Tag issuance charge|
|Airtel Payments Bank||400||Rs. 100|
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK||1800 103 1222||Rs. 100|
|IDFC FIRST Bank||1800-266-9970||₹200 including service tax|
|PAYTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480||Rs. 100|
|State Bank of India||1800-11-0018||Rs. 100|
|Axis Bank Ltd||1800-419-8585||Rs. 200 + service tax|
|Federal Bank||1800-266-9520||Rs. 100|
|Indusind Bank||1860 -500- 5004||Rs.200|
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800-223-993||Rs. 200|
|Syndicate Bank||1800-425-0585||Rs. 200|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-103-4568||Rs. 84.74 + GST|
|FINO Payments Bank||1860-266-3466||Rs.100 + GST|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916||Rs.100|
|Punjab National Bank||080-67295310||Rs.100|
|Union Bank of India||1800- 22- 22 44||Rs.100|
|Canara Bank||1800-103-3568||Rs. 200|
|HDFC Bank||1800-120-1243||Rs. 200|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-300-69090||Rs. 100|
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank||1800-266-9545||Rs.100|
|Yes Bank Ltd||1800 -1200||Rs.100|
|City Union Bank Ltd||1800-258-7200||Rs. 200|
|ICICI Bank||1800-2100-104||Rs. 99.12|
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank||1800 -266- 7183||Rs 100|
|South Indian Bank||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
|Bank of India||1800-425-1809||Rs 100|
|Bank of Maharashtra||18002334526
|AU Small Finance Bank||1800 258 7300||Rs 100|
|Central Bank of India||1800 22 1911||200|
|Karnataka Bank||1800 425 1444||200|
|Indian Overseas Bank||18008904445 / 18004254445||200|
|J&K Bank||1800 572 1370||200|
|Cosmos Bank||90290 13793||100|
Table of Content
- What is fastag
- How to get a fastag from phonepe
- Steps to check fastag balance through phonepe
- Which bank partnered up with phonepe for fastag
- What are the charges for buying a phonepe fastag
- Phonepe fastag customer care number
- How to download phonepe fastag statement
- Fastag banks list with customer care number