After making Fastag compulsory for all four-wheeler vehicles in India, the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has now announced that Fastag will be free for Physically challenged or disabled persons. It means that all vehicle owners who are physically handicapped will have to pay zero toll tax at the toll plazas, but for this, they have to install a special Fastag that comes under the exempted category.
This exempted Fastag for disabled persons is for those vehicles which are registered under Invalid Carriage or Retrofitted category. As per the rule NH Fee 2008, the vehicles for which Invalid Carriage or Retrofitted category is mentioned in RC, come under the exempted category.
Therefore if you want to get the exemption for the disabled category Fastag, then your vehicle must be registered under Invalid Carriage’ or ‘Retrofitted’ category.
By installing this exempted category Fastag on their vehicle, physically handicapped vehicle owners can cross any toll plaza in the country without paying any toll tax.
An important thing to mention here is that apart from physically handicapped persons, members of parliament, MLAs, Judges of the High Court and supreme court, Chief Secretaries, and Secretaries of the Central Government can also take the benefit of exempted category vehicles.
Documents required for exempted/disabled category FASTag?
While applying Fastag for physically handicapped persons, you will have to submit the following documents.
- Completely filling the application form with your Signature.
- Scanned copy of Registration Certificate i.e RC of your vehicle.
- Documents for your ID Proof may include Aadhar card, Voter card, Pan Card,
- Driving License, Passport, etc.
- Proof of exemption category.
How to Apply Free Fastag for Disabled Person?
- Physically disabled vehicle owners can apply this exempted and free category Fastag either by visiting the nearest branch of their Fastag issuing bank or they can also apply it online. Follow the below steps to apply Fastag for disabled persons.First of all, you have to visit the official website of Indian Highways Management Company Limited through this link https://ihmcl.co.in/
- Here you will see a registration form where you have to enter your personal information like Name, Email address, Mobile Number, city, etc.
- When you fill up this registration form completely, then your User ID and Password will be sent to the email address that you mentioned in the application form.
- Now you have to log in to the ihmcl website by entering your User ID and Password.
- After login, move to your dashboard and here you will have to download an application form for applying Exempted Category Fastag.
- You will have to fill up this form.
- In the next step, you will have to upload this form.
- A list of various categories appears.
- From this list, you will have to choose your exempted category.
- You will have to submit your application to your nearest Regional Office of NHAI, so choose the nearest Regional office from the list.
- You will have to re-enter the name of the applicant, Mobile number, email id.
- Then you will be required to enter the registration number of the vehicle for which you are applying exempted category Fastag.
- You will now have to upload a scanned copy of all the above-mentioned documents.
- After filling out the form and verifying it carefully you have to now submit the form.
- An auto-generated email will be sent to your registered email id after submitting the form.
Who is exempted from Toll Tax?
- For Dignitaries as mentioned in Rule11(a) exemption is available to vehicles transporting the dignitaries and accompanying security vehicles. One FASTag may be issued in the name of the dignitary/official irrespective of ownership of the vehicle. Issuance of FASTag for accompanying security vehicles of such dignitaries shall be limited to Government vehicles only.
- As per Rule 11(b), vehicles used for the official purposes are only exempted. In light of this, issuance of FASTag under this category should be limited to that vehicle only.
- As per Rule11(c,d&e) namely for ambulances, Funeral vans & vehicles for persons with physical defects or disabilities, issuance of FASTag will require providing of the requisite documents in this regard by the applicant.
- Member of Parliament (MP)will be issued two FASTag, for two vehicles i.e., one for New Delhi and one for her/his constituency.
- Members of the Legislative Assembly/Legislative Council (MLA/MLC) of a State will be issued one FASTag for their vehicles for the State.
The list of exempted categories of mechanical vehicles as per NH Fee Rules is provided as below
|Type of FASTag Exemption Vehicles||Code|
|Transporting and Accompanying|
|President of India||1|
|Vice-President of India||2|
|Prime Minister of India||3|
|Governor of a State||4|
|Chief Justice of India (CJI)||5|
|Speaker of the House of People||6|
|Cabinet Minister of the Union||7|
|Chief Minister of a State||8|
|Supreme Court Judge||9|
|Minister of State||10|
|Lieutenant Governor of a Union Territory||11|
|Chief of Staff||12|
|Chairman of the Legislative Council of a State||13|
|Speaker of Legislative Council of a State||14|
|Chief Justice of a High Court||15|
|Judge of a High Court||16|
|Member of Parliament (MP)||17|
|Army Commander of Vice-Chief of Army Staff and equivalent in other services||18|
|Chief Secretary to a State Government||19|
|Secretary to the Government of India||20|
|Secretary, Council of States||21|
|Secretary, House of People||22|
|Foreign Dignitary on State Visit||23|
|MLA and MLC||24|
|An awardee of Param Vir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Vir Chakra, and Shaurya Chakra||25|
|Used For Official Purpose:|
|Type of FASTag Exemption Vehicles||Code|
|Ministry of Defense including those eligible under the Indian Toll (Army and Air Force) Act, 1901||27|
|Central and State Armed Forces in Uniform, Paramilitary Forces and Police||28|
|Fire-Fighting Department or Organisation||30|
|NHAI/ Government Organisation utilizing vehicles for the purpose of inspection, construction or operational or maintenance of national highways and survey.||31|
|Mechanical Vehicles Designed for use by persons suffering from physical disability||34|
Should vehicles exempted from paying fees at NH toll plazas, affix a FASTag sticker?
Yes, as per the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, all categories of vehicles that are exempted from paying toll fee at the National Highways are required to affix the FASTag RFID sticker on their vehicle.
What is the cost to purchase an exempted FASTag?
As per NH Fee Rule 2008 and subsequent amendments, exempted FASTags will be issued Free of cost.
Can I get an exempted FASTag from member banks?
No. An agency authorized by the NHAI will be the only issuer of exempted FASTag in the country.
3 thoughts on “Exempted Fastag for Disabled and Physically Challenged Persons”
Me apna mobile nambar chanaj karna chahta hi mera old nambar 7014**** hai me apana new nambar 992***** karana chahta hu
Agar app apna number change karna chahte ho to jis bank se apne Fastag purchase kiya hai, us bank ke Fastag helpline number pe contact karo. App sabi banks ke customer care number is website ke sidebar me check kar sakte ho.
sir , i am a disabeld person and purchase a car with GST conssesion and car is registerd under apapted vehicle but car is not modified. can i get free fastag under disable person ?