To solve the problem that vehicle owners have to face at the toll plaza, the Government of India and NHAI have developed a new technique which is known as Fastag. If you have a four-wheeler vehicle, then you must know that how time-consuming it is to pay toll tax at the toll plazas because of long lines.
Fastag is a device through which you don’t have to pay cash for the toll fees. With the help of this new technique, the toll fees will be cut off from your Fastag account directly. The process of toll payment through Fastag is very simple. You just have to paste the Fastag on the windshield of your Fastag vehicle. The Radio Frequency Identification technology (RFID) used in Fastag is scanned by sensors at the toll plazas and the toll fees are automatically paid from your Fastag account. This process of automatic payment of toll tax through Fastag is very Fastag and just takes few seconds which avoids vehicle owners to wait in long queues. Fastag has been launched in India and made compulsory for all vehicles at all toll plazas.
How to apply Fastag from Tamilnad Mercantile Bank(TMB)
NHAI has made an agreement with about 31 banks in India to provide Fastag for four-wheeler vehicles. The new Fastag for a vehicle can be applied offline from the point of sales(POS) centers of these banks available at the toll plazas, petrol pumps, etc. So you can get a Fastag from any nearby POS location of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank by submitting your personal details related documents (KYC Documents) and vehicle-related documents like the Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
New Fastag can also be applied from eCommerce portals like Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Paytm, etc.
In addition to this you can also purchase a Fastag from the nearest branch of any bank like SBI, HDFC, ICICI, Tamilnad Mercantile Bank, etc, or online from the official websites of these banks which have an agreement with NHAI for providing the Fastag services.
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank is currently not providing the facility of purchasing Fastag from its online portal, but you can still apply for a Fastag by visiting the nearest branch of TMB with the necessary documents.
Visit the nearest branch of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank is currently now providing the facility of purchasing Fastag from its online portal, but you can still apply for a Fastag by visiting the nearest branch of TMB with the necessary documents.
Follow the below steps to apply a Fastag from Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB)
- Visit the nearest branch of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
- Ask for the application form for applying Fastag from TMB
- Fill in the necessary details in this application Form like your personal details, vehicle details
- Now attach the scanned/photocopy of your vehicle’s RC
- After that, you have to submit the KYC documents for proving your identity with the TMB
- Once you fill in all details and attach all documents with the Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Fastag application form, you have to pay the above-mentioned fees
- After that, you have to submit the application form to the concerned department of TMB.
- You will receive a new Fastag for your vehicle from Tamilnad Mercantile Bank with one week of applying it at your mentioned address while filling the application form.
Documents required for Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) Fastag
As per the NHAI guidelines, the documents required for the Fastag application should be as per the internal guidelines of the issuing bank and each bank has a different set of required documents. To apply a Fastag from TMB, you need the following documents:
- Registration certification(RC) of the vehicle
- Passport size photograph of the applicant ie. the person who is applying Fastag from TMB
- Copy of ID proofs like Voter Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, etc for KYC Update.
How to recharge Fastag from Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB)
As of now, you must know that changes have been made in India since 15 Feb 2021 in the way the toll tax is collected at the toll plazas. To use the services of Fastag purchased from any platform including Tamilnad Mercantile Bank it is necessary to recharge it. You can recharge the Fastag purchased from TMB through Netbanking. You can also take the help of mobile payment apps likes PhonePe, Paytm, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, or any other UPI-based apps to recharge your Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Fastag.
So various methods of recharging your TMB Bank Fastag are:
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) Fastag recharge using Internet banking
- Visit the official website of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) through this link: https://www.tmbnet.in/
- Login to your TMB account by entering your Username and Password.
- After login, select the Recharge Option and then click on Tag ID.
- Enter the recharge amount.
- After entering the Fastag recharge option, you will have to click on the ‘Pay’ button.
- Now make the recharge payment using Netbanking.
- So now your Fastag recharge is done using Netbanking of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
Recharge Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Fastag through UPI Apps
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag purchased from Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) through the UPI app
- Open any of the UPI App like PhonePe, Paytm, Google Pay etc installed on your Mobile.
- After opening any of the above-mentioned UPI app login it, if you are not already logged in.
- Here you will see the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option. Choose this option.
- Now you will have to select the bank from which you have purchased your Fastag for example select TMB from the list.
- Next, you will have to enter the vehicle number for which you have purchased Fastag from Tamilnad Mercantile Bank.
- After that, you will have to enter the Fastag recharge amount.
- To make the recharge payment of TMB, you have to enter your UPI ID.
- Now click on ‘Pay’ and your TMB Bank Fastag will be recharged using UPI.
Benefits of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) Fastag
- Transactions made through Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) Fastag are totally Cashless
- Toll tax payments are made immediately when the sensors at toll plazas detect Fastag on a vehicle
- The immediate payment avoids the vehicle owner’s unnecessary wait at the toll plazas.
- Purchasing Fastag is very easy as it can be online from any bank including Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB).
- Fastag can be linked with any bank account and it is recharged online in just a few minutes
- Fastag saves time for both vehicle owners as well as the toll plaza management because all transactions are made electronically.
Charges of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) Fastag
The charges for purchasing Fastag for different vehicles are different and it is also different from bank to bank. So you may have to pay different fees for purchasing Fastag for different vehicles like car, truck, bus or heaving commercial vehicle and also the fees of purchasing Fastag from Tamilnad Mercantile Bank is different as compared to other banks.
- To purchase a Fastag from TMB, you have to pay the tag joining fees of Rs. 100
- After that, you have to pay a security deposit amount of Rs. 200 to Rs. 500 with TMB which depends upon the vehicle’s type
- First-time minimum recharge of Rs 150 to Rs. 300 is also necessary if you purchase a Fastag from Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
The validity of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Fastag is for five years from the date of issue of FASTag. After which you will have to renew your Fastag from TMB Bank or any other bank you want.
How to check Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) Fastag Balance
Today all Fastag provider banks provide various options to their customers to check the balance of their Fastag account. TMB also providers various options to its customers to know their account balance. All these methods are very easy and you will be able to check your Fastag balance from your home. So we will have a look at various options provided by Tamilnad Mercantile Bank to check the Fastag balance.
Checking TMB Fastag balance through the MyFastag app
- Download and install the MyFastag app on your Android or ioS mobile
- Now login to MyFastag app with the details received with the new Fastag.
- After login, enter your Vehicle Registration Number.
- Next, you have to click on the ‘Check Status’ button
- The balance in your TMB Fastag will be visible to your
- If there is sufficient balance in your TMB Fastag, then the Status will Show as ‘Active’
Checking TMB Fastag balance through Miss Call
The method of recharging your TMB Fastag through Miss Call is easy and quick. You can check your TMB Fastag account balance with just a missed call. To do this you have to give a miss call on the mobile number +91 88843 33331 provided by NHAI from your registered number. This service will start in no time and you will be able to check Fastagaccount balance anytime.
Checking TMB Fastag balance through SMS
To check the balance in your Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) through SMS, your Mobile number must be registered with the bank. If your mobile number is registered with the TMB Bank, then an SMS will be sent to this number when you cross a toll plaza and make a transaction at the toll plaza. The balance in your Fastag account issued by TMB is mentioned in this SMS.
How to activate Blacklisted Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) Fastag
Anyone who has a Fastag issued by TMB Bank must make sure that their Fastag is not blacklisted which may happen due to several reasons. A blacklisted Fastag is not allowed to make payment at the toll plazas.
The top reason why your Fastag issued by TMB Bank is blacklisted is the low balance in your Fastag balance. Therefore to avoid your TMB Fastag not becoming blacklisted, you must maintain an ample amount in your account and recharge it immediately if it gets blacklisted due to a low or zero balance.
If there is enough balance in your Fastag but you are still not able to make the toll payment at the toll plaza, then you must call the toll free number of your Fastag issuing bank i.e TNB or Toll Free Number 1033 of the NHAI to get the help regarding your blacklisted Fastag.
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) Fastag Customer Care Number
By opening the official website of the TMB bank, on the home page i.e https://www.tmb.in/Home.aspx, you will see a Contact Us option on the top. By clicking on the ‘Contact Us’ option you will see various options to contact the customer support team of the bank for any Fastag related issues. So different ways to contact the customer support service of TMB are mentioned below:
TMB Toll-Free Number: 180 0425 0426
The toll-free number you can call for your problems related to TNB Bank Fastag is mentioned above. Before dialing the number, make sure you must know your TNB bank username so that the bank customer care employees will be able to easily find your Fastag account details and help you in an appropriate way.
TMB Customer care Email id: [email protected]
Another efficient and quick way to communicate with Tamilnad Mercantile Bank is via Email, which is active every day of the week. So if you prefer to communicate via e-mail, you can write to the TNB’s Customer Service Department at the following address: [email protected]